Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Game of Thrones(SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Television Shows' started by Killermolls, May 17, 2012.

1. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

It's difficult enough to write, but it has to be even more of a challenge if your saga is not yet complete and then suddenly it all comes to life on the screen. The actors take on these roles and they become their own. So I think in his mind's eye he sees the story through a different lens than he did prior to the TV show.

I'm hoping that once it's over he can clear his head a bit and get back on track. I'm still betting though that we get Fire and Blood Part 2 before Winds of Winter.

We've almost made it. Only 2 more days now until the premiere.

• Like Like x 2
  2. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I’m glad you liked Fire and Blood. After the tv show is over and while waiting for F&B 2 and Winds, if you’d like another Westeros fix, I suggest you pick up Martin’s, A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms. ...if you haven’t read it already.

For those interested, the book contains three novellas about the adventures of a Hedge Knight, Ser Duncan, and his newly acquired “squire” Egg, who happens to be our Maester Aemon’s younger brother who eventually becomes king when Aemon refuses the crown. Egg will become the father of the mad king but that’s in the future, of course.

Taking place approximately 100 years before Game, you get more glimpses into the royal family, even meet Bloodraven in the third novella, and some of what occurred during and after the Blackfyre rebellion. Not a chronicle, but straight story telling as only Martin can do. The book is also beautifully illustrated.

A must read if you want to delve more into the history of Westeros. Like Winds, Martin has said he would like to write more Dunk and Egg adventures but I’m not holding my breath, lol.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Those were great novellas. I read them awhile back before they became a book. I haven't read Fire and Blood yet. Perhaps that will be one of my summer reads.

• Like Like x 1
  4. X-HUNTER

X-HUNTER Well-Known Member

So we are here. The last season of GOTs which would be availabe to me at 3:00 am on Monday, the old country being 6 hours ahead of you guys. Cannot stay up, but it is definitely on record.

I am facinated by the NK. What is he after? The IT? Revenge? To make zombieland of the whole of Westeros and then some? Who or what is his end game?

• Like Like x 1
  5. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

I hope it's something else. Not revenge, and not just some robotic takeover either. Something we didn't see coming.

• Like Like x 1
  6. southernlady

southernlady Well-Known Member

I never really noticed during ‘The Door’ episode - until yesterday- when Mira and Bran were escaping and Bran was being overloaded with visions, every time the mad king said ‘burn them all’ they showed wights at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. BlackBird

What did you take from that, other than burning them will be the most effective way to destroy them? They wights are nothing more than weapons/pawns for the Night King, and the White Walkers are his lieutenants. We have not seen any communication between them. I wonder if we finally will this season?

8. southernlady

What I took from it is perhaps Bran DOES worg into the mad king and let’s him see the wights. And Bran knows the fire will destroy them, and that the mad king had wild fire stored all around the red keep. Maybe Bran worged into him to find out exactly where the wild fire is/was? Also that the army of the dead makes it to Kings Landing.

Can’t wait for tonight!

#6768 southernlady, Apr 14, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  9. BlackBird

Same here. So excited.
    I'm not sure whether the Mad King will connect to the current story beyond his fondness of wildfire, which they are now gonna have to make like there is no tomorrow. Didn't Cersei use all their supplies barbecuing the High Sparrow?
    But I think you're definitely right about the NK's army making it to Kings Landing, and Bran having a major role in what's coming, warging in the past and present... Could he possibly warg into the NK himself?

#6769 BlackBird, Apr 14, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  10. southernlady

Cersei did use wild fire to barbecue (I like that!) the high sparrow. She could have used it all, unless there is more in the red keep.

I read an interesting article on the NK and the theories that surround him. I’ll have to find the link and post it. I think it is highly likely that Bran will worg into him.

11. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

The world's second biggest ball of twine is only a few short hours away.

Clark Griswold.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

What did everyone think about first episode? I liked it but it was pretty much what I expected would happen. Of course being the first episode of the last season it was an easy guess that it would be mostly setup kind of stuff and not be loaded with heavy action and surprises. I figured Sam would find out about his brother and father but not go down the way it did. I thought the actor who plays Sam did a good job in that scene.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Stealth

No I haven't read them yet but I'll need another Westeros fix, so they're definitely added to my list now. I think what kept me back was that they were shorter and I didn't think there would be too much to them etc, but my attitude has changed about it now.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Stealth

We needed to see the reunions and they did a good job with that. I would've liked to have seen Jon and Ghost and maybe Jorah and Lyanna Mormont too. I'm slightly more concerned though about the ending of the series after watching the premiere than I was coming in.

The main reason for this is they are suddenly trying to build up Sansa. She is not a Cersei type figure. She is no mastermind. She nearly fell for Littlefinger's plot and allowed herself to be passed off to the Boltons. If she's the one left standing as the primary leader in the finale it'll be a very poor ending for me.

My only other problem is Tyrion. They've ruined his character. He's gone from one of the most cunning people in the series to one that everyone is regarding as a fool. No one is perfect, but his character's arc just isn't believable anymore. He's not this naive.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Stealth

Don't remember if I posted this here or not before, but after Dany burned the Tarlys last season I thought there was a chance that Sam could kill her. Now I'm thinking this is the direction they're going. Sam could've handled his father's death, but his brother's crossed the line. You could see how adamant he was talking to Jon in the crypts. I believe Jon will still cede control to Dany even after the Targaryen revelation, because he doesn't really want to rule. So Sam takes matters into his own hands and kills her in the final episode.

16. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I hadnt thought about Jorah and Lyanna but you are right, I would think she would have something interesting to say to him. I felt the same way about how they finished Littlefingers character as what you said about Tyrion. I was also slightly disappointed with how harsh the Hound and Arya were to each other. I was mad they cut off before Jamie and Bran talked . I wanted to see right then and not wait till next week.

17. Stealth

Littlefinger bothered me at the time, but not as much on my rewatch since it was linked to how he turned Cat and his sister against one another and then Arya and Sansa ended up being his downfall. I agree it could've been done better though.

I felt the same way about the Hound and Arya's reunion. They were always harsh to one another before, so in a way it was appropriate but at this stage I expected something more. Not quite sure what that was though, but it wasn't what we got. lol

• Like Like x 2
  18. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Interesting theory but I dont think it will happen. My theory is that after more transpires , she will eventually decide she doesnt want to sit on throne, that to really " break the wheel" they have to stop having an individual leader and have a group effort. If Sam does what you say, he would be similar to Olly, letting vengeance cloud his vision, and I think Sam is smarter than that.

• Like Like x 3
  19. TDogResurrected

TDogResurrected Active Member

no way

20. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

"What do dragons eat anyway?"

"whatever they want"

Best lines of the opener. LOL

• Like Like x 3