Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rewatch: Season 6 Thoughts

Discussion in 'Episode 616 - Last Day on Earth' started by WillyJakkz, Apr 16, 2019.

1. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

Ahhh, this was the cliffhanger Season (whom many blame as the start of the end of the shows popularity) that culminated with what seemed like an invincible Rick after he overcame numerous obstacles to now being on his knees with his power absolutely stripped from him.

Alexandria was overtaken by walkers, Jessie and son became walker snacks, Carl lost an eye, and we also found out what happened to Miss Pasternak (Alicia Witt) from Two & A Half Men in an episode that saw Carol show why she's a one woman army.

This Season introduced the vicious group known as The Saviors as well as another community known as the Hilltop. We met Jesus and we met Negan...and Negan, and Negan, then eventually the real Negan.

So much foreshadowing throughout the Season.

Michonne saying it's going to come at a cost (in reference to attacking the Savior outpost), Morgan telling Rick "people can change" (Season 9 Negan anyone?), and lastly Glenn seeing the smashed heads photos in the Savior compound.

Verdict: Awesome Season! Built Rick up as the ultimate cocky unstoppable son of bitch to bowing on his knees before a stronger authority.

Standout Ep: Last Day On Earth. There were some excellent episodes with my personal favorite being Here's Not Here where Morgan encountered Eastman and became the "all life is precious guy" we came to love or hate. But Last Day On Earth was a suspensful episode that showed the group was about to be in for the fight of their lives and actually overmatched... a position we had never seen them in before as they literally had NO fighting chance against this new threat.

#1 WillyJakkz, Apr 16, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I loved Last Day On Earth, the slow build and the feeling of being trapped......that was great, aside from the last 2 minutes. LOL

Here's Not Here was also one of my faves. I LOVED the evolution of Morgan and I wish Eastman would have stuck around for a while.

I am one of the few that say Season 6 kicked frickin ASS.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

I love how Seasons 4 & 5 built up Rick as an unstoppable force and the beginning of Season 6 confirmed his build up to the point where he was cocky and arrogant thinking he and his group were at the Hiil- "top" of the food chain.... the "King'-dom of the hill... they were Alexandria "Safe" Zone from all harm (see what I did there lol) only to (as Negan put it in Last Day on Earth) "not know shit"!

• Winner Winner x 1