Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Time for Trump to go

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Possible, but a distraction from what?

2. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Investigations and talks of impeachment.

Looks like I'm not alone in my skepticism, either:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/14/world/middleeast/trump-iran-threats.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share

"But he said, “No, there has been no increased threat from Iranian-backed forces in Iraq or Syria.”

Intelligence and military officials in Europe as well as in the United States said that over the past year, most aggressive moves have originated not in Tehran, but in Washington — where John R. Bolton, the national security adviser, has prodded President Trump into backing Iran into a corner."

3. Morgotha

To me it seems like the furor from the left is simmering down a bit compared to previously, so I don't know why he'd take such a step now. Also, he's got plenty of other things he could do to distract people from his own situation like instituting radical Chinese tariffs, instituting draconian illegal immigration policies, appointing a special prosecutor to go after Obama and Hillary for the Mueller report, etc. People would care about any of the above more than they would about Iran, so... I don't see him doing this as a distraction as there are much better distractions he could use, and adding another war in the Middle East won't be popular with the voters.

4. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Worse than distraction. He thinks war, any war, will raise his popularity for the coming election. He will pointlessly kill people and devastate survivors to better his odds of winning.

I hope Congress will stop him from going to war without their approval, but that seems a forlorn wish.

• Creative Creative x 1
  5. Morgotha

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

7. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

8. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

If there was more time to prepare. But some homeowners built their mortgage around those deductions. No amount of adjustments can add those thousands back into their income.

Saying Stuff and Thangs

9. DeadZedHead

trump doesnt get his intel from OUR government agencies or allies, so....

Saying Stuff and Thangs

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. DeadZedHead

11. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

When they started talking about reversal of Roe v. Wade with the confirmation of the wanna-be-rapist to the Supreme Court, I only felt anger, not panic, because I figured a non-profit way would be found to transport even poor women to sane, decent states. But I heard earlier today that one of the proposed new laws gives the state permission to imprison women who have an abortion out of state for ten years. I figure that's because they are already counting the fetus as a citizen and therefore they can charge her for murder. I did not see that coming. I really thought travel would be the salvation. Insane times. Even Ireland allows women to have abortions in the first three months (and later with factors such as danger to the mother, abnormalities, rape.)

In the end, I suppose we will fail as a nation, and it will be the next generation who put this right, same as they are already the ones who fight the NRA. Damn, I hope they grasp the importance of the vote soon. As in Right Now.

12. Morgotha

No matter how much lead-in time you gave people would scream it wasn't enough. The Federal government needs that tax income. Trump was generous letting people have a 10k write off to their state. It's a reasonable thing to do, and a good thing he did it.

13. Morgotha

Trump appoints an immigrant judge in California, both California Senators oppose his appointment. Senate votes him in with a party-line vote.

"
    In a 52-45 party-line vote Wednesday, the Senate confirmed President Trump’s nominee to the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals.

The confirmation of California lawyer Kenneth Lee marked the first time neither home-state senator had returned a blue slip, a Senate tradition in which the home-state senator gives their opinion of the nominee, the Hill reported.

Neither Sen. Dianne Feinstein nor Sen. Kamala Harris, both California Democrats, returned a blue slip on Lee’s nomination to the San Francisco-based court. Lee, 43, a native of South Korea, is a past special counsel for the Senate Judiciary Committee."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/se...ircuit-despite-home-state-senators-opposition

14. tink

tink Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Apparently Donald and the rest of the white house staff and unfamiliar with how birth actually works. If it's moments after birth, the baby is already outside the mother's womb.

And he's not protecting anything but his evangelical nut jobs.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

The nation is broken. We have been at out best when we move forward despite the sins of the past to forge a better world. Being a nation founded on slavery we can't pretend we're the shining city on a hill, but over the past 150 years or so we have moved forward in terms of civil rights and attempting to make the lives of our citizens better. Progress often moves at glacial speed, but as MLK said, "The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice."

Right now we're in a very difficult period, battles won in the past need to be fought all over again. I'm not very hopeful long term because there are systemic problems. The maniac in the White House has also exposed some of the flaws in our constitution.

Just have to keep fighting though and doing whatever you can.

• Winner Winner x 3
  16. Morgotha

The nation isn't broken. It's not even as turbulent now as it was a few decades ago, like in the 60's with the assassination of RFK, the black panthers, civil rights violence, MLK's assassination, the SLA, etc. To paraphrase someone wiser than I, there will always be troubles, have faith and don't be afraid!

We aren't a nation "founded on slavery" any more than any other nation at the time, and we don't PRETEND to be a shining city on a hill, we ARE a shining city on the hill. Want proof? Look at the number of people trying to get IN to the country compared to the people trying to get OUT. But hey, if you'd rather live in Iran or China or something, I won't stop you. Go be a citizen in a country you look up to.

Cultural battles are always happening. There has been an huge shift to the left over the past decades, and now there is pushback to the right. That's normal, not the end of the world. You should work to support issues that you believe in, but quit being so gloom and doom about the future. All that does is make you feel miserable for no reason.

17. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Yep. He does.

18. PepperAnn

The Alabama law that was signed yesterday stated that all abortions save for those that put the mother in a major health risk are now a felony. But the punishment falls on the doctor (up to 99 years in prison) but not the abortion seeker. Seems odd to me. Well the whole thing does but that's beside the point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. PepperAnn

Sad thing is, I was thinking about this last night, several of us were saying......welcome to the 1950's again.....back when he was elected. And we were made fun of. But that's exactly what's happening. The Alabama abortion bill, the outright HATE killings going on. The blatant praise of those killing people. We have totally rewound decades.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/15/us/anti-semitic-searches-pittsburgh-poway-shootings-soh/index.html

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Morgotha

Even the law's authors know this isn't legal under Roe and will never be enforced. They are IMO doing it to test the waters in the Supreme Court.