Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Game of Thrones(SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Television Shows' started by Killermolls, May 17, 2012.

1. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I’m REALLY surprised you’re clicking. Lol

2. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I found this about the throne and Aerys but I’ll have to do some re-reading to see if I can find anything about Cersei getting injured on it.

In the A Song of Ice and Fire novels, the Iron Throne is reportedly uncomfortable to sit upon due to the blades that radiate out from it, occasionally cutting the incumbent. The moral lesson Aegon intended for his heirs was that no ruler should ever sit upon the throne carelessly, just as they must not rule carelessly. The Iron Throne specifically contains the swords of those Aegon defeated in battle, but not of those who had surrendered honorably rather than give battle. As such, no swords from the North or the The Vale of Arryn were included in the Iron Throne thanks to Torrhen Stark and Sharra Arryn.

King Aerys II Targaryen's increasing insanity over the years led him to absentmindedly sit upon the throne with his full weight, frequently cutting and injuring himself. Ultimately he cut and scraped himself so much upon the Iron Throne that his personal enemies derisively referred to him as "King Scab", besides of his more common epithet, "the Mad King". This was seen by some as a sign of his unworthiness to rule.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

YES! It was a BIG gamble. I paused for sure. But it turned out to be almost exactly what I had surmised, so not really a spoiler at all for me. Can't even call it a confirmation, since nothing is completely certain until we see it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. PepperAnn

Well as spot on as spoilers seem to have been I’m all:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. PepperAnn

Well it worked before I hit send. 20 tries ago.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. PepperAnn

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. PepperAnn

Ok success. **faint**

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

A VERY PLAUSIBLE SPECULATION ABOUT THE ENDING:

I think from where we are now, this guy is spot on with his ideas how the finale should go down, I completely agree with him. Shockingly but effectively ruined Daenerys :( must be now eliminated, and Jon should be the one to kill her. :(Knowing all we know about Jon, he would be the best choice to be the king who could finally bring peace and justice to Westeros. But I can't imagine he could be persuaded to be king, even now, and especially if he would be the one to kill Daenerys. He would be devastated, and full of self loathing that he would want nothing to do with anyone. Westeros or family. He would go and join the wildlings. Because that was properly foreshadowed in Tormund's goodbye, and him not bothering to pet Ghost, as it wasn't a proper goodbye, so D&D just kind of forgot to make that look realistic.

So then who will be left in charge? Ruler or head of council? I hope it will be Tyrion, and not Sansa, but they have been pushing Sansa so hard... I would find that very hard stomach. Unless she will get to rule as Tyrion's queen. Not an ending I would have chosen or seen organically develop from the story. (Well, Sansa getting her ass on the throne would be organic enough, she's always been an ambitious little bitch.)

I guess the final episode now will be all about administering the final blow and then trying to smooth over it. :rolleyes:

#7788 BlackBird, May 16, 2019
    Last edited: May 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  9. Lindigo

I love that idea, that Jon rejoins Ghost. I can totally see Tyrion and Sansa together, too. There was a nice little something-something between them last they met. I'm still afraid to click, somehow.... :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. BlackBird

Lol, don't do it. Don't click. Don't click. It's more fun to guess. Or is that misery? Fun, misery, fine line. :rolleyes:

#7790 BlackBird, May 16, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 3
  11. Lindigo

Okay, I watched. That would be a terrific ending. Now I have two good endings in my head.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lindigo

Your warning was too late. I was staring at the link while I mulled it over. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. BlackBird

What did you watch? The speculation video I've posted? Because that's only speculation. Or the goodies buried in the Pandora's Spoiler Boxes I'm staying well clear of?

(I've just edited my previous post to make it clear, the video I've posted is prediction/speculation only, not a leaked spoiler.)

#7793 BlackBird, May 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

From the previews it looks like Dany's Dothraki and Unsullied have regenerated almost as quickly as the Night King's army.

#7794 Stealth, May 16, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Stealth

Yeah I don't remember anything about Cersei getting cut on the throne.

16. Stealth

Dany just didn't want to do the walk of atonement.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. PepperAnn

I really liked his take. I’ve always been a Jon Snow fan but I really wanted Tyrion on the throne. But I’ll take Jon as long as Tyrion doesn’t die. I really don’t think he will.

I hated Sansa the first couple seasons but she’s grown up and proven to handle herself. But not as a ruler.

I kidded earlier about it being Bran. NO.

But it needs to be a Stark or a Lannister. My take.

• Like Like x 1
  18. PepperAnn

And BTW

DIE DANY DIE

never thought I’d say that. :(

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. southernlady

southernlady Well-Known Member

Should I read A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms first?

20. Stealth

My recommendation would be to start with Fire and Blood since it's the earliest timeframe and begins with Aegon's conquest. It's a Targaryen history but it shows the twists and turns in all of Westeros too. It'd be a good foundation to start.

• Like Like x 1