Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Here to Help

Discussion in 'Episode 501 - Here to Help' started by Dnae, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Saturday morning and I just finished watching the season 5 premier

Gotta say posting on the forum these days feels a bit like Morgan trying to reach people on the radio. A lot of dead air.

Anyway overall I would give the episode a rating of shmeh. Which goes along with most reviews that I read. Not a bad episode but also not a great episode. Did not feel like a premier episode at all save for the introduction of new characters.

Only one of the kids that I find at all likeable is the girl

Last season I was one of those rare fans who actually liked the character of Althea. If this episode is any indication of where her characters story is headed then my gut feeling about her was correct. The last minutes in the episode were the most compelling because of her. Compelling enough that I will watch next Sunday.

I shared a while back that the only reason I was giving season 5 a chance was for Dwight. I can possibly add Althea's story to the mix IF in the next episode or two it remains intriguing. I remain skeptical though.

Okay, now I am going to watch another episode of Good Omens

And Sunday night I will watch one or two more episodes of NOS4RA2.

Maybe when I return Sunday night someone else will have seen the FTWD premier and give reasons to elevate my level of enthusiasm about the series. I am not ruling out the possibility that I am just too jaded from season 4 and maybe not seeing the forest for the trees

• Like Like x 2
  2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Omg! NOS4RA2 Has started?????? Where?????? That’s all I got from that. Lmao

3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

AMC Premier subscribers have the first 3 episodes available to watch now and on Sunday all episodes will be available.

If you do not have Premier then episode 1 premiers on Sunday after FTWD and each week thereafter

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I got that meh feeling just from the trailer. I’m hoping I change my mind when it starts.

The truth is out there

5. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

It looks good to me! I can't wait! :)

6. GregsGirl

GregsGirl Well-Known Member

I figure I don’t have much to lose by watching this season, so why not!

7. GregsGirl

GregsGirl Well-Known Member

8. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

I agree with the meh rating. Very so so. Nothing too exciting. Still can't believe the chick with the guy in the wheelchair hasn't found better pants to wear. Still waiting for the flood I guess.

• Funny Funny x 6
  9. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Looks like this season is going to be the bridge to connect all the stories. FTWD, TWD, and Rick's movies. Wouldn't shock me if the final shot in this season is Morgan seeing Rick. With these characters stories being continued in his movies and this being the final season of ftwd.

Or maybe some of the characters continue their story on this show while others join this group and continue in those movies.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Not a spectacular episode, but it was an improvement over the average 4B installment.

One thing I do like about season 4 and this episode, compared to earlier seasons, is that they are portraying the ZA as a pretty desolate place with scarce survivors. Season 3 had people all over the place, giving the show an almost dystopian rather than apocalyptic feel. I like the fact that they aren't running into new people almost every day, and that no one new was added to the group during the time jump. It backs up all the repeated talk about how "not many of us are left these days".

The weak part of the episode for me was the Logan angle. He waited 3 years or more to take his factory back, and his motivations seem thin.

The three ring symbol at the end was interesting. Looking forward to see how it ties in.

Wendell The Magic McTeleporter keeps miraculously appearing outside the truck each time they stop. I don't think they've ever shown how he gets in and out of the truck. But last season, even when they would stop just for a few minutes, he'd be shown outside the truck with everyone else.

Overall, I give it a 7.4.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Forgot. So, no explanation as to how Al knows how to fly a plane? And Strand, and the other two....that was slightly confusing. I didn't realize they were going back to the factory, I thought they were looking for someone and found a different location. The way the episode was edited, it looked like Hedgroom was alone at the factory.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

The episode was okay. The one problem I had was that they left the factory unoccupied so all those people had to do was walk in. If you've survived this long in the apocalypse you're not going to leave your base of operations unguarded.

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Numerically, my earlier rating of meh translates to a 5

Out of the gate I will state that I am the rare individual who could give a rats ass about the return of Daniel Salazar. Alive, disappears, reappears, disappears. Rinse and repeat. Either stay, leave or die already. I could care less either way.
    [​IMG]
    And if he leaves take the twins with him. And the two boys. The girl can stay. Her, I like. So far.

*Sigh* Morgan. I cant blame this show and its execs for the disservice that has been handed to this character. That started back in season 6 of TWD where it festered, reaching the annoying levels of its current state. Where is Rick's murder coat? Someone needs to have Morgan wear it for a bit of time to find his zero f*cks to give mojo. The whole pacifist notion at the end of the world gets on my last damn nerve.
    [​IMG]

The symbols. Intriguing enough if this story arc were independent of the larger TWD universe. While I am not super stoked in regard to its tie in with Rick's story I am willing to keep my mind as open as much as I can muster. A little mystery might be the shot in the arm FTWD needs.

Ugh, the more I think about it the more pissed I become just thinking that tweedle dee and tweedle dum may have some level of "creative" input into Rick's future story.
    [​IMG]

Well, at least I still have Dwight to look forward to
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

This

And THIS - 1000x THIS!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I have to wonder if we will be seeing Althea again. Maybe in the movies. I too didn’t care about the Logan storyline. And personally, I’m already over the “twins”. You can only stand so much of the “keep on trucking “ phrase.
    I look forward to seeing the kids story.

The truth is out there

• Like Like x 1
  16. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

I was surprised to see in Neuro's post that we're 3 years into the FTWD world. But when I realize that Morgan has shown up, and soon Dwight will, it does make sense based on their TWD timelines. Still seems like only a year or so to me in this world.
    As for Salazar returning, it only makes me think we may still see a return of Madison at some point.
    I too an looking forward to a backstory about the kids, and the people in black suits tied into the group that took Rick could be interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  17. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Madison dead dead dead. LOL

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

Orrrrr is she?????

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
  19. KiernansFaerie

KiernansFaerie Active Member

This show frustrates me to no end.
    I'm a textbook definition of a hippie. I'm also a student of Buddhism. My husband often jokes that I would be my own worst enemy in an apocalyptic world because I would try to apply my own beliefs and ethics to the people we'd come across. My first inclination would be to help, not harm. He thinks that I see way too much good in people who just may not have much good in them.
    But even I think that our little band of heroes is taking it too far. In our current civilization there is a lot of twisted thinking, violence, greed and anger. Throw us into an apocalypse and think about what you'd get. Lots of Negan's and Logan's, to be sure. It's a sad truth. And each of these characters have seen enough of that to be more cautious.
    You want to help people? I understand that, but send out scouting teams to watch people like TWD's Aaron did for Alexandria. See if they are who they claim to be. See if they appear to be decent people who really are in need of help. Who want your help. Don't send the majority of your group on what may be a fool's errand.
    Have people and a plan in place to at least try to protect the place they call home while they're out looking for survivors.
    I don't think that simply surviving is enough of a reason to keep going, but it has to be the first thing you do or you can't help anyone.
    Their current plan just seems too optimistic and unrealistic.
    Logan has a point in that he's just reclaiming what's his, but where the hell has he been all this time? Why wasn't he there when they first arrived? Property deeds don't mean much in a world like that. If you wanted to protect what's 'yours', you should have been there from the start to do so.
    The way that Morgan's philosophy vacillates between such extremes is annoying. Kill them all, all life is sacred. Pick a lane and stay there. It's too much already.
    I have difficulty believing that Strand wouldn't be more cunning and careful in his approach to all of this.
    Althea. Why did she have to look through the pouch she took off of the dead soldier right there in the rain, not paying any attention to her surroundings? That was bright. The guy was wearing an outfit that seemed designed to repel bites from the dead. That implies something larger and more organized than anything they've come across so far. Maybe a bit more caution would have been appropriate? I re-watched the trailer for this season, looking for clips of her that weren't in episode one. There were a few. In one of them she's hugging Morgan. I don't recall that happening last night? I may be mistaken.
    What happened to those kid's parents? I don't recall them asking that. And where have they been staying? I realize that they were in a tense situation, but I think that a couple of questions may have been in order. They took the time to impart their philosophy, but not to ask more pertinent questions?
    Everything they do seems kind of half-assed. Such as flying… seriously, a plane?... into a situation based solely on a guy on the radio who could be LYING? Hey Alicia, remember the last guy who lied to you over the radio? He seemed nice too and look how that turned out.
    I am hoping that Dwight arrives soon and brings them some much needed perspective. He may even have some information about what the hell is going on in this area they landed in.
    I'm looking forward to the return of Salazar. It's ludicrous that's he's… once again…. miraculously alive, but at least he's an interesting character who doesn't have his head in the clouds.
    Maybe I'm looking at this wrong. Maybe this opening episode is the beginning of a shift in their thinking. Maybe these events are just what they needed to wake them up to their reality. And maybe that means the story will get better.
    I can't even come up with a rating. It was a meh episode, for me.

I hope it gets better.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

It was just ok. How is Lucy supposed to survive being impaled? No antibiotics or real surgery for that matter. Why are they going out and seeking people, especially since they have found no one in months? You know most are bad now. No questions for the kids? Come on.

This is the last season? I still think Madison is going to show up somewhere.