Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Morgan

Discussion in 'Episode 501 - Here to Help' started by Terminator, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Not sure I can stand another season of Morgan. I really want to like this show, and did initially, but fading now.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I really need Morgan to find a middle ground. I don't need "clear" Morgan but I sure as shit don't want this "hands across America" Morgan either.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

I’m just happy Alicia seems to be the main lead. Thank God it was her emerging from the smoke at the beginning and not Morgan lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I think Alicia is Fears version of bitch Carol, and I love it.

The truth is out there

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I haven't given up on Morgan, but this episode was frustrating re Morgan. It probably doesn't help that I had been walking in and out of my living room during the rerun prior to the new show calling out helpfully to the TV, KILL HER, MORGAN! KILL HER! lol

Oh, speaking of which, did they actually put any Bonus material into the Bonus rerun this time? lol Because otherwise, I don't want to rewatch it and keep telling Morgan to KILL HER!!! lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Morgan helped ruin TWD, now he's ruining FTWD.

7. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

The mistake they made with Morgan's development is that they didn't have him reach that middle ground after returning to Rick's group and seeing what a threat Negan was. I can understand his original swing to pacifism after being Clear crazy, but he shouldn't be in that spot anymore.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Excellent actress. Liked her on The 100 as well.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Morgan should've died in the war, but his death causes a guilty Rick to reflect on his actions (he did, after all, start the war) and he decides to honor Morgan by sparing Negan, and forcing the Alliance to coexist with the Saviors.

But I guess killing off Carl, who was the show's future, made better sense. :rolleyes:

#9 Rapscallion, Jun 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree more. Morgan's death should have been the inspiration for Rick to spare Negan. It was more inline with Morgan's philosophy and it was Morgan who built the cell in the first place. This character swap did so much damage to the story that continues today.

By having Morgan go back into "clear" mode only to have him leave Alexandria and return to his "all lives matter" mantra with a completely different group of people completely undermines the character. It destroyed who and what Morgan was. They basically rebooted Morgan which did a disservice to both shows.

By killing Carl they destroyed so many potential story lines that would have been amazing to watch. Having Daryl be the right hand man to Carl as he started to become a leader he would have also served as a guide. As amazing as Daryl was with Rick, he could have been an even more interesting character along side of Carl. Both guiding him, protecting him, and serving as his right hand man.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I don't think they needed to kill either one to inspire Rick to spare Negan. It would've been most effective if it was Carl who persuaded Rick to take a different path, just as he was about to kill Negan. Then they still could've had Morgan for their Fear plans and Carl filling all those empty story arcs that were left after his death.

12. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

The problem with Carl being that inspiration is that it still changes his character for no reason. At the end of season 7 Carl is very pro-kill. He fires the first shots at the gate and throughout season 7 he is the aggressor. Then out of the blue in season 8 he changes his stance and wants peace. There is nothing in the show that explains his abrupt change.

That's why I would have preferred Morgan being the inspiration because it was more in line with his character arc. A man who wants peace yet is often thrust into situations where he needs to kill. Carl was always a hot head, he should have remained that way.

• Like Like x 1