Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Third series ordered

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Television Series' started by Tony Davis, Apr 8, 2019.

1. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

This actually might be interesting and could really get people tuned back into the franchise if done well. One thing is keep it at 10 episodes and don't expand it to AMC's traditional Walking Dead history of upping the episode counts to 16. That is one of the biggest reasons the show lost so much favor in my opinion is because they were issuing more episodes than they had legitimate story for.

Focusing on characters that grew up (and potentially even better were born into the apocalypse) and know nothing of the old world would be another interesting angle. That is one of the reasons Ellie from Last of Us became such a popular character and it was so much fun learning things about her was because throughout the journey she was finding out how the old world was and how foreign it was to her. Take a look at this clip which became one of the more popular scenes from Last of Us

• Like Like x 3
  2. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

What is the name of the show?

Happy to be walking dead?

3. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Funny, that was one of the scenes I thought of as well. The idea that someone growing up in this world with no knowledge of what life was like before is really interesting. People who remember the "old world" have a different moral compass and approach things with a different mind set. People who only know that world are going to be stronger in a way.

4. lastcat3

Yeah and the way they have been making her look in the Last of Us 2 trailers it can become pretty darn scary for other people if they do something she don't like, lol.

5. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

They are beginning the process of filling crew positions for filming!!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  7. lastcat3

You know I am wanting this to take place say around twenty some years into the future of where TWD currently is. Then for the rest of the time TWD is on it can fill in the gap between where TWD is now and where the new show starts off at.

I know it is probably a much better chance this will be another entirely new location totally unrelated to Alexandria in anyway. But I think it would be a good way to keep the Alexandria community going without forcing the current show to try to run for fifteen or twenty seasons.

8. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

9. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

10. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Oh my bad

The truth is out there

11. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I read another novel by Chu when I heard he was authoring the next TWD novel, and I can tell you he is a definite improvement over Bonansinga. He's no Robert Heinlein, but I'm looking forward to a TWD novel for the first time in about 5 novels.

12. lastcat3

His writing was horrible there is no doubt about that. But I think the thing that was even worse was that there didn't seem to be any editing process at all. A lot of Jay's continuity mistakes could have easily been caught by an editor but unfortunately it seemed with that series that Jay turned in his copy and then it went straight to print.

So unless they take the editing process a little more seriously with this novel (set of novels) I think we should probably expect something along the same lines as what we got with the Lilly Caul novels. The writing style may be a little more bearable with this new guy but there will probably still be a lot of mistakes if they don't do any editing on it.

Is it the same publishing company or a different one?

edit.....ok just checked and it is a different publishing company. This new book will be from Gallery books where as the Woodbury novels were done by Thomas Dunne books. So maybe there is hope that it will be taken more seriously.

#32 lastcat3, Jun 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  13. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Three roles for the upcoming spinoff have been cast.

At this point I am just not feeling it. Maybe I am just so put off with FTWD right now that I would be sour to just about anything that is not directly related to the original series. Maybe as more casting news is revealed......maybe. But for now I am so damn skeptical

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/third-walking-dead-series-cast-1203262504/

The recently announced third “Walking Dead” series has cast three major roles, Variety has learned exclusively.

Alexa Mansour, Nicolas Cantu, and Hal Cumpston will all star in the new series, which is said to follow two female protagonists and focus on the first generation to come-of-age in the zombie apocalypse. A second lead female role has yet to be cast.

AMC would not comment on specifics for any of the characters, but sources describe Mansour’s character as a good-natured rule breaker who lives for today. She is likable and funny on the outside but sad on the inside. Mansour recently wrapped shooting a guest starring role on the CBS drama “Madam Secretary” and previously starred in the horror film sequel “Unfiltered: Dark Web” for Blumhouse Productions. Her other TV credits include “SEAL Team,” “The Resident,” “Bull,” “How To Get Away With Murder,” and “Law & Order: SVU.” She is repped by Paradigm, Zero Gravity, and Play Management.

Cantu’s character is said to be small for his age in addition to being friendly and an old soul. He also has a black belt in karate. Cantu has previously lent his voice to the animated shows “The Amazing World of Gumball,” “Sofia the First,” “Future-Worm!” and “Lego Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures.” He has also appeared in the live-action shows “The Good Place,” “Sydney to the Max,” and “Bizaardvark.”

He is repped by The Osbrink Agency, Monster Talent, and Jackoway Tyerman.

Cumpston’s character is said to be big for his age. He is a shy loner that scares some kids, but he hates the fact that he scares people. Cumpston previously starred in, wrote, and produced the Australian coming of age comedy “Bilched.”

The yet untitled third “Walking Dead” show joins both the flagship show, which is entering its tenth season, and “Fear the Walking Dead,” which is currently airing its fifth. The “Walking Dead” comic book series, which served as the basis for the original show, recently came to an end after nearly two decades.

The series is co-created by Scott Gimple, chief content officer of the “Walking Dead” universe, and Matt Negrete, a writer and producer on “The Walking Dead” for the past five seasons. Negrete will also serve as showrunner. AMC Studios will produce. The series will begin production on its 10 episode first season in Virginia this summer with a planned premiere on AMC in 2020.

(Pictured: Alexa Mansour, left; Nicolas Cantu, right. Not pictured: Hal Cumpston)

14. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

They'll probably name it something like Dread the Walking Dead. :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. lastcat3

Those are all pretty young actors. Hopefully they won't be leaders of their specific group. The whole Walking Dead franchise just seems really odd right now. It's clear it is losing steam with each passing year yet AMC seems intent on expanding even more. They should be focusing on giving their current series satisfactory endings instead trying to expand the universe when their really isn't a desire for it anylonger.

Somebody needs to tell AMC that Walking Dead isn't the MCU or Star Wars.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Laurieellen

Laurieellen Well-Known Member

I’m with you. I’m not sure if this younger version will work, but it could. (Maybe) I’m so on the fence. In theory, it sounds like it could be great. But when it finally makes it to screen, will it be watched. The franchise is loosing steam. I really would rather the network focus on TWD right now. I feel we had a bit of a lull in the last few years and just got our groove back. I honestly didn’t think that would happen with the loss of Rick and Carl. I thought that would be the death of it. I really hope this isn’t a TWD 90210 version.

Also, if this is sloppy and doesn’t makes sense or flow. My apologies, I’ve had 3 wines.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Laurieellen

Laurieellen Well-Known Member

I also tried to quote lastcat3 and that didn’t work. Damn wine!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. lastcat3

I think one of the biggest reasons AMC seems completely unwilling to let this franchise go is that they really struggle as a network with ratings. They only have three shows that regularly get over a million viewers an episode. TWD, FTWD, and Better Call Saul. And even though Saul is better critically than Fear is Fear still brings in more viewers. If AMC were to let this franchise go they would really struggle to find a show that could get a million viewers an episode. Even if they start a new TWD show up and it only averages say 1.2m viewers an episode it would still be one of AMC's biggest hits.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

Will there be any cross over character(s)?

20. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Safe communities???.......Yeah right. Make sure you read the entire article

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...eveal-safer-corners-zombie-apocalypse-1225720

What lies beyond Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln), Morgan Jones (Lennie James) and the other men and women known to the Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead audience? The answer is set to be revealed in a third, as-yet untitled series — and now, some new details about those answers have arrived, thanks to Scott M. Gimple.

Gimple, longtime The Walking Dead showrunner turned chief content officer of the greater franchise for AMC, used the Fear the Walking Dead panel at Comic-Con to open up about what lies ahead in the new series, co-created by Gimple and longtime flagship writer Matt Negrete. Negrete will serve as showrunner on the new series, currently in production in Virginia for a 2020 premiere on AMC.

Previously, it was revealed that the series would feature two young female protagonists and focus on the first generation to come of age in the apocalypse as viewers know it. Given the premise, many expected the series would center on children who are hardened survivors of the apocalypse, not unlike the group of children at the heart of the current Fear the Walking Dead season. As it turns out, that might not be the case after all.

"There's a big secret about the Walking Dead universe," Gimple told Comic-Con attendees, going on to suggest there's "a whole lot of world" beyond what we have seen in Alexandria, Austin, and other locations featured in the two current Walking Dead series. "The big secret is that all along, there have been other civilizations that survived the apocalypse. We saw hints of that in season seven of The Walking Dead and again in [the Maggie Grace-centric Fear episode] 'The End of Everything,' and now we're about to show a lot more of the world in a bunch of different projects."

Among those projects: the community at the heart of the third Walking Dead series, where children have grown up relatively safe from the zombie apocalypse. While they understand the nature of the walkers conceptually, they have not been forced to confront them directly; the "just survive somehow" ethos of Katelyn Nacon's Enid, for instance, doesn't exactly exist for these young individuals. The new series will center on a few young characters from the community who will break away from the safety of their home in order to forage forward into the unknown, for an as-yet equally unknown purpose.

"These kids grew up in a place of comfort and security," said Gimple, "but they leave everything on a dangerous quest, and end up being pursued by adults on their own own dangerous quest. We'll see kids become heroes and some become villains."

Despite the series' planned arrival in 2020, Gimple promised more details will be revealed during a preview on July 29.