Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Issue 193 Is the Last One

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Comic Series' started by Neuropyramidal, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

There comes a time in a wee bird's life to leave the nest.......
    [​IMG]

2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Okay, back on track....

Last issue of The Walking Dead comic

Personally I think this is smoke and mirrors for the next phase of the series.

What that might be I have no clue.

Kirkman is such a troll, it is just difficult to believe 1/2 of what he states as being the gospel truth

3. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4. PepperAnn

It's so frickin SUDDEN.

5. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

That it is.

I feel bad for those that read the comic. No time given to come to terms with the end

Comic book reader picks up issue 193. Sits down to read said comic. Gets to the end of the comic only to find out there will be no issue 194
    [​IMG]

6. PepperAnn

Your sig gif works too. Lol

7. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

The cover may have been a joke, but he did show up in this issue

The truth is out there

8. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yes indeed he did! Sheriff was Kapoor and the comic is Kaput! ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I was surprised by the news too. I don't buy the individual comics, but wait until the volumes come out every few months. From everything Kirkman said previously it appeared as if the story would go on for another 100+ issues. He claims now that he wanted the conclusion of the story to be a surprise, like with other big deaths in the series.

But it still feels like it's a somewhat recent decision. I would've liked for it to continue with us following Carl, but I can understand why he wants to end it now.

10. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Yeah I imagine the decision to end it at the end of the fourth compendium was probably made at some point during the Commonwealth arc. Kirkman likely had that epilogue ending in mind for quite a while but he was probably just playing it by ear in terms of when he wanted to put that ending into play. THe epilogue would have worked just as well at the end of the fifth compendium as it did the fourth.

11. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Despite some fans having negative reactions to the TWD universe shows, Kirkman's reputation has remained strong with the fanbase. It's best to go out when people still care about your story and hold you in high regard. Lately there has been some erosion for George R.R. Martin about his Song of Ice and Fire book series. Some blame him for the poor ending of the TV show because he hasn't yet finished the books.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. PepperAnn

Which shocks me since I thought D&D were doing good flying blind right up til the last 3 episodes. My opinion, but I also haven't read the books. Sorry, not trying to derail.

• Like Like x 1
  13. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Yeah wanting to end it on a high note probably had something to do with him choosing to end it now. He would be very aware how far the tv show has fallen over the past few years from an interest level standpoint and he wouldn't want the same thing to happen to something that he was in charge of.

#33 lastcat3, Jul 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I really do feel like Kirkman was just done with TWD and wrapped it up earlier than he had actually intended to. There was a lot that had been introduced but only scratched the surface like The Commonwealth. Rick's death at this point seemed less like a climax, and more like shepherding in a new era focusing on Carl.

But I can't imagine working consistently on one story for 15 years. The Walking Dead has basically been the guys entire life for a decade and a half. Monthly comics, TV shows, games, movies in the pipeline. While he hasn't been super active in some TWD media, by this point, I know I'd probably be super ready to wrap it up and move on.

Perhaps after a hiatus from zombies and TWD universe, he'll come back with a Carl focused series.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1