Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

2020 election AKA The Biden Thread

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

And with so many candidates each of them says something more outlandish than the next just for the attention. The DNC really should have limited the number of people who wanted to run to a reasonable number and forced everyone else to run as independents if they wanted to. Who's going to vote for someone who wants to bankrupt America?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

That would require some measure of restraint and this new wave of the Democrat party has no concept of what restraint means.

Besides, even if they did try to put a limitation on how many people could run, that too would backfire and blow up in all of their faces. They would look like the biggest hypocrites in the history of hypocrisy.... The party of inclusion and acceptance is excluding people and telling them they cannot run for POTUS?!?!?!?

Oh how the purveyors of intersectional politics would shit their collective pants over that. lol

The reason why Democrats are in such a virtual no win situation, is because they backed themselves into this corner of social justice and radical political stances.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Morgotha

I agree, the party of "ask not what your country can do for you" has become the party that can't say "no" to anyone with their hand out. Sad.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

That would apply more though to someone like Oprah. It's ridiculous of course, but she'd be a better nominee over anyone running, by a huge margin. People feel they know her and they'd be comfortable with her. She'd probably win the general election too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Stealth

The next debate is being run like a reality TV show. CNN is going to hold a live lottery style drawing to determine which contestant is in which debate. The whole thing is an embarrassment. Then of course we'll have some of the top lunatics from the last debate returning, like Marianne Williamson, De Blasio and the herd of House Reps. Democrats as a whole actually went down in the national polls against Trump following the last debate. Imagine what this latest spectacle will do. Great job DNC! Tom Perez has been awful as chairman and it's well past the time for him to go.

At this point I don't think I'm going to watch the next round of debates. It's too frustrating to watch self destruction live. I'll just read about what happened, and if there is anything good I can still catch video clips.

6. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I agree. At this point, I am just hoping for a strong republican candidate to take on Trump in the primaries. Ugh.

7. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Biden people talking again...

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/07/10/joe-biden-strategy-2020-1404992

"Since Kamala Harris cold-cocked him on the debate stage two weeks ago, Biden has had to recalibrate. The former vice president, who rarely submits to TV news interviews, granted a sit-down to CNN. His surrogates have been unleashed to deliver more pointed attacks on Harris. In speeches, he’s now more directly referencing his eight years with Barack Obama as a defense."

"Cold-cocked him" = asked about his record and explained how it affected her.

And of course, the old standby: "I WAS OBAMA'S VP!!!"

"“It’s not right, it’s distressing. It shows a lack of integrity: win at any cost,” Harpootlian said. “Why is she taking that shot when Joe Biden and his son did everything they could to help her? It was more of a comment about her than it was about Joe Biden.”"

In other words, she owes her career to them? Oh THAT'LL go over well with female voters...

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Morgotha

Female voters from California remember that Harris got her start by sleeping with Willie Brown. Not the message I want to reward and send to the next generation of women.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...20k-patronage-job-from-boyfriend-willie-brown

• Like Like x 1
  9. Morgotha

Regardless of your political stripe, you've got to appreciate the irony.

"
    Democrats on the House Oversight Committee have deleted tweets that promoted an upcoming Wednesday afternoon hearing on “kids in cages” after being called out for using Obama-era images of migrants in detention to highlight current conditions at the border.

“Last week, members of our committee visited a detention center at the southern border and discovered grotesque treatment of children,” the first tweet, posted Tuesday afternoon, said.This week, we are examining the inhumane treatment of the children in these detention centers.”

But the tweet included a photograph taken by The Associated Press in 2014, during the Obama administration, showing migrants in detention
    in Arizona. The Trump campaign flagged the soon-deleted tweet and noted the image comes from a time when current Democratic presidential primary front-runner Joe Biden was vice president.

House Democrats are promoting their 'civil rights' hearing on ‘kids in cages’ and ‘inhumane treatment’ with a photo from 2014, when Joe Biden was Vice President,” the tweet read. “So dishonest!”

According to The Daily Caller, House Democrats then put up a new tweet with a different photograph -- also, it turns out, from the Obama administration years. That tweet was soon deleted as well, after it was noticed by their Republican counterparts on the committee.

“You all know that’s a picture from 2014, right? Remind us who was President then,” the tweet said.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/house-dems-use-obama-era-photo-to-promote-hearing-on-kids-in-cages

10. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

All of this... What's happening in today's political landscape, how Trump got elected, how Obama was grossly and inappropriately idolized, etc, etc....

All of it is the fault of the 24 hour news culture that was shoved down our throats by the big 3 news networks and the MSM (or they are at least partly to blame).

It's not about "the news". It's about the ratings and going after the hot stories and the interesting personalities.

Why the hell is CNN determining who's in the debate? Do any of you trust that this drawing is a fair one? I don't. I can't.

What if there's a scenario where Joe Biden's ball isn't picked? Do you honestly believe that some CNN exec is going to tell a former VP of the US "Sorry buddy, but the giant hamster ball lotto picker has spoken and you're out!"

Hell no. Biden's ball will ALWAYS and conveniently "get picked" and so will Fauxcahontas' ball, so will Kamala Harris', and so will Bernie's. None of them will be excluded from this magical random drawing.

11. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

Of course the front runners are automatically included. Its the also rans that are being lotto’d

12. DeadZedHead

She slept with her boyfriend? The shame!! You suddenly finding a problem appointing someone to head a department in a field they’ve never been in?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. DeadZedHead

https://apple.news/ABn0jyMxGSKSn43Uqw_s-Pw
    After repeating attacking and disrespecting her fellow congresspersons, and saying she alone understands what’s happening, AOC is hurt that Pelosi is singling “the squad” out and disrespecting them by by saying no one should be attacking anyone on twitter. If the shoe fits.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Stealth

I don't have a favorite among the top polling candidates. I'd prefer Klobuchar or Castro but they're maxing out at about 4% combined in the polls, so I'm not holding my breath.

With that said though, what the Biden people are stressing is that Obama and Biden endorsed Harris against Loretta Sanchez, her Democratic opponent, in the Senate race. Harris likely still would've won, but the point they're making is that there was a close working relationship between them and it's been widely reported all the positive things Harris said, and tweeted, about Biden over the years.

So they were blindsided by the attack in the same way you would by anyone you considered your ally, or friend.

Now, sure they're all competing for the same position but this was only the first debate and the whole attack was contrived. It's not as if she challenged him on tax policy or healthcare but she went right at Biden in a calculated attempt to make a splash at the debate. They even had those tacky, creepy shirts with Kamala's photo as a child ready to be sold after the debate.

Former California Senator Barbara Boxer has criticized Harris for what she did. The first black woman Senator, Carolyn Moseley Braun, called Kamala's stunt "sad."

Harris started all of this. No one singled her out. Now she has to deal with the repercussions.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Stealth

AOC also said that she's been given a lot of committee assignments because she thinks Pelosi wants to "keep her busy." It's so annoying. If she didn't receive those assignments she'd say they're keeping her out of the loop. Like Sanders she'll take whatever angle she can to complain.

I was actually surprised that she said she was so busy since she's on Twitter all the time attacking all sorts of fringe individuals.

16. DeadZedHead

She is not even trying to debate points anymore. Just complain that she is not being regarded as the great exalted leader. Its your first term. Why would you think you would be in charge? She is going to push away her base at some point.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Since NY's population is declining (for obvious reasons, lol) they'll have to readjust the number of districts they have soon to allow for less representatives.

With that being said, there's a rumor floating around that key political players might try to intentionally merge her district with another nearby district that has more moderate voters and a more popular representative. Those two would have to run against each other for the new seat and the hope is that AOC would lose because she's A) Dangerous for the party, and B) Not very smart, and C) shoots her mouth off too much.

I can't speak to the validity of this claim though. I don't know much about how that part of politics works. I just know that I've heard this rumor from a few political analysts so far and it sounds very interesting.

18. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Which really just makes them the same as the GOP as far as rigging elections then, right? Don't like what the voters want so you rig things so that what they want means more than the voters.

And you might not like her but she is very smart. That's one of the reasons why everyone freaks out about her so much.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Yep. I think it goes without saying that both parties are corrupt and both parties do things that us regular folks find deplorable. I'm glad you recognize that fact.

As for AOC... sure, she's "very smart" when it comes to her ability to deceive people and completely twist and distort historical events and the people who were a part of them.

And I wouldn't say people freak out about her. They just point out how much of an idiot she is. They do it a lot because she gives them A LOT of material to work with.

20. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

AOC is an educated woman. She graduated cum laude with a BA from Boston University’s College of Arts and Sciences majoring in International relations and economics.

Our west coast experts on NY would have you think they have some sort of special insight on the politics here, however the pull between conservative and liberal forces in NY, especially downstate, can be....interesting. Some things seem to follow a predictable pattern but there’s always room for a political sucker punch, lol. I wouldn’t dismiss her so quickly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1