Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Breaking Bad movie!

Discussion in 'Breaking Bad' started by Lindigo, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul Spark ‘Breaking Bad’ Reunion Buzz With Cryptic ‘Soon’ Messages

Zack Sharf

6 hrs ago

[​IMG]© AMC "Breaking Bad"

Is the “Breaking Bad” movie closer to release than fans might think? Emmy winners Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul have skyrocketed the buzz around the upcoming project thanks to a pair of cryptic social media posts. Both actors took to Twitter on June 25 and posted the same photo of two donkeys with the caption: “Soon.”

“Breaking Bad” writer and “Better Call Saul” showrunner Peter Gould reacted to the photos with his own post that reads: “Looking forward to this.”

The “Breaking Bad” movie is one of the most secretive projects in Hollywood. It’s so secretive that nothing about the movie has been confirmed, even as it’s widely believed to be a sequel movie following Paul’s character Jesse Pinkman after the events of the series finale. Jesse was last seen escaping from a kidnapping and driving off to an unknown destination. Series creator Vince Gilligan is the driving force behind the film, but he too has revealed nothing about the cast or story.

Paul has remained coy about the project. Speaking at Variety’s Coffee Talk event in March, Paul said he “hadn’t heard anything” about a “Breaking Bad” movie but teased that he’d “love to be a part of it.” Production on the film reportedly took place in Albuquerque, New Mexico from last November to February, so by then Paul would have already wrapped filming.

“If it were to happen, yes, I would love to do it,” Paul added, refusing to confirm anything about whether such a film even exists.

Cranston has remained tight-lipped as well. The actor’s character, Walter White, was seen bleeding out from gunshot wounds as “Breaking Bad” came to a close. Many fans believe Walter White is dead, but the show technically did not confirm that. How Cranston’s Walter would return for a sequel film has yet to be revealed. Speaking to IndieWire last year, Cranston said he hoped a “Breaking Bad” movie would find Jesse “breaking” from his past and discovering his true calling in life.

Of course, there’s a chance Cranston and Paul’s posts have nothing to do with the “Breaking Bad” movie, although that project is clearly the biggest thing on fans’ minds. Deadline reported in February that Netflix had picked up first-run rights to the movie.

AMC, the network that aired “Breaking Bad” and continues to air its spinoff series “Better Call Saul,” is reportedly going to broadcast the movie after its Netflix streaming debut.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/b...on-buzz-with-cryptic-soon-messages/ar-AADpxVP

• Like Like x 1
  2. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

That's wild. I always thought they might pick up Jesse's story once they jumped to the future in Better Call Saul.

They're probably trolling us a little bit here, because I think Walter White is dead (or at least should be) in the Breaking Bad universe. I could watch a movie though or a new series following Jesse.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Lindigo

Yes, Walter should be dead. That was his perfect death, seeking revenge and then sacrificing himself for Jesse. The only way Walter should be in the movie would be in flashbacks. I'll take whatever they give us, though!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Lindigo

A trailer!!!!!

5. Lindigo

I saw in the comments that an El Camino is the car that Jesse drove to crash out of the compound. I don't know cars, so that was helpful for me.

6. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

El Caminos are the ugliest cars EVER MADE.

7. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Half Car, Half Truck. Stupid.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

It was a party wagon back when people were allowed to ride in back without seatbelts. Throw your surfboards in back and roll to beach. Drive-in nookie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Lindigo

If you were on the run, the back would give you room to stretch out to sleep.

I nominate for ugliest car ever the one that looks like a toaster: the Nissan Cube
    [​IMG]

It's kinda cute at the same time, and that blue is pretty.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Lindigo

I had a next-door-neighbor who was named Camino after the car. Pretty name!

11. Lindigo

Skinny Pete sure is looking rough. The ravages of meth? Awwwww.....

12. jiggeryqua

jiggeryqua Active Member

Ravaged indeed. But...he didn't look too bad the last time we saw him, outside Elliot & Gretchen's place, and that can't have been very long ago, can it? Walt paid him and Badger, then tootled off to trap nazis and die. We hear sirens approaching, so the search for Pinkman would have followed on from the discovery of 'Heisenberg' with little delay - not enough time, I'd argue, for the meth to do that much damage. Even the amount of meth he could have bought with the wad of cash Walt gave him.

• Winner Winner x 2
  13. Lindigo

Not much to see here, but here ya go. (Straight to Netflix along with a general opening? I'm not used to that. I hope it doesn't mean they don't have faith in it. I would have thought they would want to rake money in at the theaters first.)

14. Stealth

I think it'll be fine. I actually like the trailer, just the feel of it. It's meant to tap into where we last left Jesse, fleeing the Nazi group and now being on the run. And that's the general mood there.

Sandra Bullock's Bird Box went right to Netflix too, and I thought that was a good film.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lindigo

This was on a commercial during Fear the Walking Dead. :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Stealth

We only have one week to go. I'm going to watch it that Friday too before anything is spoiled.

17. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Just finally watched it tonight....

I enjoyed it. I felt like it was about the quality of 2 above average Breaking Bad episodes back to back. Which is a good thing. I think how, aside from Badger and Skinny [who were friends with Jesse before the meth thing], they played most of Pinkman's acquaintances as people who were just in it for the money or who ran at the first sight of trouble. And the only person who felt he had in his life to say goodbye to was a child. You make few real friends in his world.

Although he definitely shit on his parents in the end. Didn't even send a letter. They will probably think he's dead for years, if not forever.

18. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I enjoyed it but it definitely wasn't what I expected. Not sure how to explain it any better than that.

I think I am in agreement with @Neuropyramidal that it was the equivalent of 2 above average episodes.

I guess my criticism, if I can even call it that, is that I wanted REAL movie with the intensity of Ozymandias or Felina, or Full Measures, or Face Off.... and I only got 2 above average episodes.

I wanted more running from the cops (not off screen) actual action scenes. I wanted to have more from the police perspective where they were working out the details of their manhunt. I wanted insight on what they knew (or thought they knew) based on the crimes scene and the showdown at the white supremacist's compound. I also wanted more nail-biter moments where maybe he narrowly escapes the law.

I did enjoy all of the humorous moments with Skinny and Badger. Also the flashback scenes with Walt. Those were great. Aaron Paul did an amazing job acting. They all did.

A little weird seeing more plump versions of Jesse and Todd doing flashback scenes when both actors were a lot more slender at the time that they originally acted in the series.

All in all, I'm just happy that they didn't "Game of Thrones" things and screw everything up. I give this an A- rating which I think is still pretty awesome.

19. Stealth

It's probably even a little worse than that. When Brock gets that letter his grandmother will likely report it to the police. Then Jesse's parents will know he decided to say goodbye to the kid, and not them. Their last interaction with him was a ruse so he could get into the house and to their safe.

20. Stealth

I enjoyed the film. Vince Gilligan probably had Jesse's story nagging at him for the past few years. There was closure for everyone else, but Jesse was more open ended. Viewers felt he escaped in the final episode but there were still questions. This tied that up nicely and is a great bookend to the Breaking Bad series. We'll get one last one when Saul's story concludes.

Some people thought they'd jump the shark and have Walter alive and Jesse testifying against him etc. I didn't believe Gilligan would ever go that route. It was a perfect ending for Heisenberg. He wouldn't mess with that. And with all the other primary villains in the show dead, there wasn't too much else they could do with Jesse so I'm glad they didn't inject contrived drama. It was a good epilogue that didn't do damage to the original.