Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Royal Wedding

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Lindigo, May 16, 2018.

1. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

That's totally my take on this too. I have never been a big fan of watching The Royals' every move, but this sudden massive shift really has me intrigued. Because of all the hateful backlash Harry and especially Meghan have received.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I still have trouble with it. What's the big problem? They have several estates to live in, can take private jets around the world and stay at the best places or private islands when they want to get away, and the downside is... people talk about them in the tabloids? So... don't read the tabloids and you won't know what people are saying about you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. southernlady

southernlady Well-Known Member

They will have more tabloid coverage now. The media got some very good photos of Meghan's dog walk with Archie a couple of days ago. She seemed quite pleased.

• Like Like x 1
  4. PepperAnn

Yeah it would be that simple if it actually was. But people are totally taking this into RL with them. Not just the internet.

5. Morgotha

The worst part about all this is we'll probably have to start hearing from all her crazy family members again.:(

• Like Like x 1
  6. Morgotha

Republicans recently have been hounded out of restaurants by people who just had to tell them how awful they are. Fame is tough anymore.

• Like Like x 2
  7. southernlady

I read this morning where dear old dad says H&M owe him. And now that they no longer represent the RF they are allowed to shoot back at both him and the crazy evil step-sister.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. PepperAnn

And what's-his-face........the dude that took over for what's-his-face.

Well I am getting nowhere fast huh.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. PepperAnn

Piers Morgan.

10. Morgotha

LOL, did you see recently he was criticizing one of the Royals for doing a commercial in china, and he said something like, "oh yeah, I like ching chang chong milk". Not the most racially sensitive commentator, Piers Morgan!

BUT, that being said... I don't think one of the Royals should be doing commercials in China, either!

11. Morgotha

I really would like to see Harry vent as a private citizen on the actions of some other crazy private citizen who has been making his wife's life miserable. I doubt if it'll happen, though. A lifetime of training doesn't go away overnight. OTOH, if he DOES... his Prince Charming points would go up a lot!

• Like Like x 1
  12. PepperAnn

I absolutely cannot stand that man.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. southernlady

This is what sweet ole dad had to say (smh):

Accusing his daughter and son-in-law of saying 'trashy things' about him, he said: ‘I don't care. At this point, they owe me. The Royals owe me. Harry owes me, Meghan owes me. What I've been through I should be rewarded for. My daughter told me that when I reach my senior years she'll take care of me. I'm in my senior years now, it's time to look after daddy'.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...-Meghan-Prince-Harry-wont-lowered-ground.html

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. PepperAnn

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Have you seen the kind of coverage the media are doing with her? Google Meghan avocado, then do the same for Kate.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertai...xplain-why-meghan-quit-the-royal-family.html/

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ellievhall/meghan-markle-kate-middleton-double-standards-royal

They were all just incredibly nasty to her since the day she married Harry. And it's not the same as what an actress would go through unless that actress actually did something to deserve it. She got it just for existing.

As to her deserving it because she married Harry, she met a guy and fell in love. Does that mean she deserves to be put through hell? I don't think so.

#315 tink, Jan 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Morgotha

I thought the tabloids were doing real racist/hateful stuff against her. For things like this? "Kate got better coverage than I did"? That sounds like two sisters arguing in middle school! If that's why they left the Royal Family.... that's just embarrassing. Honestly, she's a grown woman and a *mother* for Pete's sake! She needs to toughen up in a hurry.

• Like Like x 1
  17. tink

tink Well-Known Member

You're the same person who claims you only stick up for Trump so often because people are so critical of him, right?

I will bookmark that particular post.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Morgotha

Please. The two situations aren't remotely the same. Trump has an unending stream of media malice directed at him from every quarter, every day. The Duchess of Sussex, OTOH, might have SOME people writing bad things about her, but she has plenty of of people writing GOOD things about her as well. As far as that goes she's been a hit with the media since day one. I've enjoyed a lot of the coverage of Meghan and Harry, so saying everything has been bad just doesn't ring true.

Since I'm getting started on the subject, part of the problem is *her fault* as well. When Kate's children were baptized, the media was there taking pictures of everything, etc. This made the media and the Royals' fans happy. Meghan? Nope, she made hers a private event and NO photographers were allowed. She didn't even say who Archie's godparents were. It's pretty easy to see how getting the cold shoulder like that prompted a negative response in the media.

The sad part is I do like her. I think she's a good person with a good heart. I just can't believe she'd throw away the gift she was given. It's just... unbelievable.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

That doesn't mean that stuff like this is "her fault" though. She has a right to have certain preferences and should be the final authority on how much exposure or privacy she wants to maintain for her children.

• Winner Winner x 2
  20. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

[​IMG]