Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Prodigal Son w/ Tom Payne

Discussion in 'Television Shows' started by Dnae, May 14, 2019.

1. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

OMG, I just watched episode 11, Alone Time, and WOW!
    I was riveted to the screen. The hunt for where Junkyard Killer was holding Malcolm, had a serious twist, IMO. Who knew? They touched on a few answers of what Malcolm had been trying to remember all season and some new things came to light. I hope they go into it further so all the loose ends get tied up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

While episode 11 was great fun to watch, episode 12 proved to be laborious and frankly quite predictable.

This series is so up and down and for me. One week I really enjoy it and then for two weeks I wonder why I keep returning.

Pffft - I know WHY I keep returning:
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. purriwinkle

Yup. the view’s pretty good from this side of the tube, lol. Not thrill packed like 11, I’ll grant you, and even I was able to figure out who the deprogrammer was and that says something about predictability but I still thought parts of it were necessary.

The psychological impact of JY killer’s revelation about the true nature of the camping trip had to be dealt with somehow. Malcolm was having those hallucinations and had been unwilling to share the cause until it became necessary, in the course of trying to entrap the master deprogrammer, to actually come out with what was bothering him. By the end of the episode he was finally dealing and the image of his 10 yr. old self saying, “but he didn’t”, allowed him to move on for now.

Otherwise, I know, at least for myself, I would have been wondering how the hell he dealt with such knowledge. I still wonder how it will play out with Sheen when he comes face to face with his father again. That exchange should be sweet.

4. purriwinkle

All I’m going to say about 13 is one, I believe Dad. Like he said, if he wanted to kill his son he would have. John Watson was out to destroy Malcolm and killing him a little bit emotionally first would maybe help throw him off if he was as smart as his dad.

Two, maybe mom will stop trying to uninvolve ? her son with the criminal cases he so loves now that she’s seen him in action. He did look adorable though in that suit she bought him for the trip.

5. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I really liked this episode. His sister was less annoying. And as you stated above, maybe just maybe we are on the road to seeing less of a helicopter type mother. Talk about mother/son issues! I think the dynamic between those two is more disturbing than the one he shares with his serial killer father LOL

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. purriwinkle

Well, 14 took a dramatic turn, however I don’t think it’s the last we’ll see of the Surgeon. Malcolm is just that good, lol.

7. purriwinkle

Lessons learned from 15? Always carry a cell phone and never, never go home with a stranger even if they’re a doctor and seem really nice and helpful! Lol

8. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Yeah, that was a head scratcher. That is stranger danger lessons number 1 and 2 :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. purriwinkle

And we’re back!! Tom is so cute as Malcolm but who is this Eve? I’m intrigued!

10. purriwinkle

Found the answer and it’s a doozy. I guess that both Eve and Malcolm have the answers they sought. I’m wondering if they can go on from there. It should make for some interesting conversation between Malcolm and his dad....guess who I’m dating?

11. purriwinkle

I just saw episode 18 and I don’t know what to believe. IS Sophie dead or did the surgeon let her go. It hardly seems that he could have released her knowing his identity. I think he lied about that but I believe she did tell him about Endicott and whatever shit that guy’s involved in. I think he was filing away that info for another day that didn’t come but now Jessica might possibly be in danger, so does he spill the beans to Malcolm?

12. purriwinkle

Episode 19- ACK! First let me take back all my suspicions about mom. Vapid to the max, but she’s a product of her social status, I guess. Will she or won’t she with Arroyo? That’ll be awkward, especially in light of the frame up.

I still think Eve’s sister was killed by the Surgeon cause we saw the flashbacks of her body in the car during the infamous camping trip but it would seem the bigger monster is Endicott. He’s keeping his part of the bargain to ruin Martin’s family since he’s somehow found out that Martin told on him. Must have eyes and ears everywhere.

I hope Malcolm can bring him down somehow before he gets his claws into the sister, which he’s already attempted. We don’t know if she bit on the offer of White House correspondent or was just playing along but more should come out in the next epi which I believe is the season finale.

BTW Martin Sheen’s portrayal of the Surgeon has been so good this season. Mild mannered and needy one moment and wild killer the next. So creepy. *shivers*

13. purriwinkle

OMG Get Out Of Town Ainsley!!! I did not expect that ending at. all. My girl indeed! I thought everything was suspenseful except I didn’t buy the Sophie arc. Sloppy writing, IMO, that didn’t add up for me.

I still don’t believe a serial killer like the Surgeon would leave one of his victims alive, no matter what. Especially since she supposedly already spilled her guts as to what she knew about Endicott and it turned out there no incriminating files, but a bluff? She also knew his identity and this was just prior to his arrest. So, putting her in a box was strictly for transportation convenience? She looked pretty lifeless in the back of that station wagon, and the junkyard killer said the surgeon took care of her on that trip, not that His word means anything....still.

Then she went on her merry way never contacting her younger sister who after all those years finally stumbled on her? And why did Endicott have her killed and not Sophie? The blinded assassin could have easily been silenced by another assassin masquerading as a Dr. or nurse per Endicott so he wouldn’t say who hired him. Certainly not Sophie who found out about the whole thing, how?

Maybe I’m missing something here but I think the writers were grasping at straws to bring that arc to a close. My only peeve.

14. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

@purriwinkle

Tom will be back for a second season!! That means about 20 or so episodes of Tom gazing ♥♥♥

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/prodigal-son-renewed-season-2-fox-1295536

I thought this bit in the article was interesting. I had been wondering if Fox was going to find a way to hold onto Sheen for a second season.

• Like Like x 1
  15. purriwinkle

Started season two and the show has taken a somewhat darker tone. Cleaning up after Ainsley’s indiscretion (?), lol, has Malcolm exploring his deeper connection to his dad. Like father, like son? Maybe, maybe not.

While we have our requisite murders we’re getting into the relationships between the characters a little more. We’re also bringing in some social justice issues which have added an extra dimension but I don’t know how far they’ll carry on with what happened to JT.

Sheen’s character has more to do this season as well. It tickled me when the surgeon sought to electrocute his room mate and ended up giving him electro shock therapy instead which actually helped his condition, lol.:rolleyes:

#55 purriwinkle, Jan 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  16. purriwinkle

Those Whitlys! What an interesting and scary family. You never know from moment to moment whose “devil” or “angel” is going to win out. Even Mom isn’t as witless as first portrayed. I’m really enjoying this season so far.