Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The World Beyond

Discussion in 'TWD3 Discussion' started by Sharpie61, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I always thought that they should've done the first Walking Dead spinoff as an anthology series, like Fargo or American Horror Story. Each season you'd get something different.

2. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

3. Stealth

That's disappointing. The show is completed. With everything going on right they should let it run. People need entertainment now and a new series would be great. Also, what better springboard for it than to follow TWD.

4. lastcat3

It is strange. If shooting is all done and they still just have some work to do on a few of the later episodes they could find ways to complete it while still doing the social distancing thing. It does make me wonder if this is just a further potential indication that they don't think it is very good. They didn't give a release date and only stated 'later this year'. We'll have to see if it does get an official release date or if it just gets pushed further back until people start forgetting about it like they pretty much have for the Rick movies by now.

5. Stealth

I don't know. I didn't like the recent trailer they released for the show. It came across as a teen drama from the way they presented it. I feel though their decision is based on them wanting to line up World Beyond, Fear and then lead into the next season of TWD. With Fear delayed due to the virus they're moving it all back. Yet, now I feel is the best time for the new show, no matter how good or bad it is.

6. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

This is what I feel about the trailer too.
    It looks like a 'The Maze Runner' movie style.

7. Stealth

And I've read some overviews that counter that teen drama description, but when they present it as such in a trailer it makes me more concerned about it.

8. lastcat3

I have my doubts that those reports about it not being a teen drama are accurate. For starters I think they are just coming from people on twitter who 'claim' to have been to the sets and also if they want to give us the feel for a teen drama during the trailers chances are it is a teen drama.

Heck in one of the commercials in Sundays episode I believe they showed one of the kids flipping off the CRM lady and then running off. That just screams CW all over the place. If a CW type of show isn't the type of story this is than they are releasing some absolutely horrible trailers as the job of a trailer is to give you an idea of what the story will be about.