Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Would you trust him now if you were Daryl? Carol's gone, no Alpha head, but he killed the whisperers instead of you. Enough?

2. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Daryl would never trust that guy. And when he said that you don't kill people who don't deserve it, Daryl should have jumped for his throat.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

In Negan's mind Glen and Abe deserved it, as the two people chosen by him for punishment to the group (who has slaughtered one of his outposts). I think Daryl can see that now. But no, he won't ever trust him, because Daryl also knows Negan "liked it". Negan's a twisted crazy mf with some sort of code that he (mostly) appears to adhere to, so that's what Daryl has to work with right now.

I was a little disappointed with the depth of dialogue between these two, and some missed opportunities for Daryl to lay out some hometruths to Negan, but perhaps that is still coming.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. BlackBird

Enough. I think this is probably how much he will ever be able to trust him.

When the Whisperers turned up and proclaimed Negan their new Alpha, Daryl had his final proof that Negan was telling the truth, and killing his brand new set of kneeling subjects proved to Daryl that he can trust Negan to choose the Alexandrians over the Whispereres. Plus Carol turned up at the end anyways to confirm the story that was already adding up.

So I think Daryl knows he can trust Negan's allegiance with the Alexandrians, but that's all he can trust. The guy remains as unpredictable as ever with a fondness of violence, power play and theatrics.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

I think he trusts him with caution. He knows he cares about Judith, so that's something.

6. walkon

walkon Active Member

NOPE! Ain't gonna ever happen for me! . . . Jail didn't change Ted Bundy either. . . .the chair made the only change coming to him. Even Bundy admitted to that before hand.

7. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I think Negan can be kept decently on their side with Judith and Lydia around him. He cares a lot for children and women. But they always need to keep an eye on him. Negan basically could have pushed for the Alpha role and killed Beta and horded out the rest, but I imagine it be a bit to much gamble to get Beta and to live as a damn living walker is not really Negans style of living.

Yet, I think he still find Alexandria worth it more than Whisperers and he knows he will never get a position of power but maybe he can find a crazy woman who can love him and a house? (Maybe Princess is nutty enough to go for him?)

8. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

After Alpha died, the Whisperers possibly had a division. One group would want Beta to become the leader (eg the one got killed when he said to Beta that Beta is now the new Alpha). Another group would want Negan to become the new Alpha (ie those 3 got killed by Negan). So, even Negan pushed for the Alpha role, it might not be that easy to control all the Whisperers to go after Beta.

Negan did consider defecting to the Whisperers side. He told Daryl that when Alpha accepted him and made him somebody, he did quite like it. But Negan said, ''....then, she went too far...'' which refers to her killing people undeserved to die. I think Negan must refer to people in the Hilltop as well as Lydia (being a child in Negan's eyes) who Alpha wanted to kill.
    I think, this is one reason why it took so long for Negan to kill Alpha. One one hand, it is true that it took him some time to get close to Alpha and got her trust. But, on the other hand, he did spend some time to consider what his life would be if he chose to defect.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Yeah, it was bit of a situation where he could not decide what to do but I did see him going for saving Daryl over wack job Whisperers when they rounded them up. I love when he shows a more Human side, like when they sat talking on the old, fell overed tree!

10. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I thought it was interesting how Negan admitted he enjoyed it, the recognition and power etc. That alone should make them not trust him in the future. Sure they know he's going to back them now against wackos that wear masks of the dead, but beyond that I wouldn't.

I was critical of the prospect of Carol not keeping her end of the bargain with Negan, but all that entailed was her giving him the chance of Alexandria deciding whether to accept him or not. If I'm Daryl I'd vote no. And it's not that Negan is going to Lucille them one day. He's very manipulative and knows how to work people.

11. BlackBird

So what do you think they should do with him? He’s likely to fight with the Alexandrians now against Beta and whoever else turns up in his entourage. Perhaps we also get @Chr1s’ dream and Daryl and Negan will work together to bring Beta down. Then what? What do you think they should do with him? They can’t put him back in the cell after all this, surely. This could be an amazing time for him to die a heroic death, but of course the show would miss him terribly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

That’s interesting. What does Negan really want out of life now that he’s spent a number of years, albeit a prisoner, among a normal community? Would he be content to settle down if he had a wife and child of his own? When he was first released and he found that woman and her son, I almost got the feeling he would have been happy to stay with them and he was going to see them safe to a community before they were murdered by that teenage sycophant.

However, they explored a similar theme with the Governor after he met Tara and her sister. He seemed pacified for a while when he had another little girl to care for. But did he change? Not really. Now Negan is a different man than Philip but they were both comfortable as absolute rulers with their respective communities. Philip worked his way back up the chain of command through murder and deceit. Would Negan be content as just another average citizen without a leadership role?

Except for Carol and Daryl, no one is still with the group that survived the Governor. Tara especially who would have been able to weigh in with what happened to her sister. I just don’t know how far they can trust him but I do think he’s a bit more pliable as long as he can have some contact with the kids. It’s how he interacts with adults that’s worrisome.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

True, I just get a feeling from Negan that is more a Human behind the "Negan act" Than The Governor who really was a psychotic man. But Negan of course, also lost his humanity when he bashed peoples skulls in. I think in his case, losing his wife was what pushed him. Perhaps if he can feel loved and have people share a beer with him and tell him that he is a friend of theirs.

Very cheesy I know but who knows. I just feel he is more Human than the Governor, more honest. But we see how it goes!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

I agree with that. Look how he was with Carl. Is he a jerk, probably, but I think he will stand with Alexandria and fight for them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Stealth

I think that's a real possibility that we have Daryl and Negan team up to kill Beta. I've grown to like this version of Negan and think that with the way they've written the character he could be trusted. BUT, if I'm someone like Daryl I still wouldn't want him around. There's too much history there, and like I said in another post he's proven to be a good manipulator.

I think they will agree to keep him though in the aftermath of the war. They'll probably have a couple of outliers who disagree. The return of Maggie will also be another interesting aspect. There was talk of there being a cliffhanger in the finale. I don't think that will have to do with the Whisperers, but it might be tied into Maggie deciding whether or not to kill Negan.

16. Stealth

Yeah I thought it was interesting how Negan admitted he "liked it" when he suddenly had all of that respect and power with Alpha. On Talking Dead JDM said that what pushed Negan to kill Alpha was that she was intent on killing Lydia. He said he's not sure what Negan would've done if it hadn't come to that point. That's some fascinating insight into the mind of the character.

Negan is very good with kids though and that would be the type of role he'd need to play in the community.

What's funny though too is when our group of survivors arrived at Alexandria it was Rick who eventually took on the leadership role because Deanna and her group weren't really cut out for the post-apocalypse. With Michonne gone now it'll be interesting to see if Negan gravitates in that direction. They could have a fascinating season with intergroup dynamics if they go that way.

• Like Like x 2
  17. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Daryl won't ever trust Negan, but Negan has shown he's not a threat to Alexandria at the moment. Alexandria has a bigger problem to deal with - Beta and his hord.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I think, Negan is still not totally accepted by Alexandria at this moment even though he got Alpha。 Maybe he can double up his effort by single handedly decapitate Beta, preferably in front of as many Alexandrians as possible。 This might increase his acceptability ratio a lot。

But, an extended trailer shows Aaron+Alden seemingly tracking Beta+the horde。 Could this duo somehow are the ones killing Beta afterall?

19. Stealth

I don't think it'll be them. My first thought from that trailer was that it might be the end of the road for Alden.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. BlackBird

I don’t think Negan alone can eliminate Beta. I feel we are very much moving towards a Daryl/Negan double act on this one. These are the only two characters who have a personal arc with Beta as well, and also a new arc has just started to connect the two of them.

• Agree Agree x 1