Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Time for Trump to go

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Sharpie61

[​IMG]

The truth is out there

• Funny Funny x 4
  3. Sharpie61

4. Sharpie61

5. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

6. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

7. Sharpie61

8. Sharpie61

Trump is golfing again today. I guess he didn’t get enough of it yesterday.

The truth is out there

9. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Here's a copy of the video where some Trump supporter was saying, "white power" in an old folks' golf cart parade. The thing that I learned from this? Groups of people are insane regardless of the "cause". If you listen to the anti-Trump people they are just as nuts as the pro-Trump people.

10. Lindigo

"White power" is horrifying racism. The shouts of f*** Trump, etc., are political speech, some with cursing.

Now it's true "white power" is also political speech--if you want to take a second shot at establishing the goal of the Confederacy.

11. Lindigo

Breaking news: Chief Justice John Roberts sides with the liberal justices in preventing a Louisiana abortion law from going into effect. AND the Louisiana law was almost identical to a law in another state where his vote then was to allow the law to go into effect.

He decided on the basis of stare decisis, meaning that that previous law that was prevented created a precedent to be followed, even though he himself had voted against it.

Roe v. Wade is an even stronger precedent, of course, so this indicates Roberts won't overturn that precedent, either.

This is the third time in a row that conservative Roberts has voted with the liberals.

12. Morgotha

Eh, I didn't really want to think about it that much, LOL. I'd say this about the statement in this context: I think it would be more likely the man was feeling disenfranchised and wanted to say something that would let people know his opinion and vote mattered as I think he was out there saying they should act like racists towards minorities.

Do I believe an excuse should be made for this man? Not really. He said it, he should own it.

13. Lindigo

A little hard to read, but I get you.

14. Sharpie61

• Winner Winner x 2
  15. Lindigo

He has topped himself. LOL I want this one to win a Grammy. LOL
    You know Bye, Bye Birdie, right? Well, it IS such a happy tune I went off to youtube to listen to everyone and their ukulele play it. Wow, I discovered the BEST sax ever.

The original

Why not one more? :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

OMG, was that James Taylor singing with Tony Bennett?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Lindigo

Two such beautiful voices! YES!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Morgotha

Hard to know what's going on with this "Russian bounty on our soldiers" thing, but the DOD seems to say it's baloney. It's too bad the NY Times destroyed their own reputation, 20 years ago I would have believed what I read in their paper.

"
    The Defense Department said late Monday that there is “no corroborating evidence” to support the explosive New York Times report last week that said the Russian military offered bounties to Taliban-linked militants to kill U.S. troops in Afghanistan.

The report sent shock waves through Washington and prompted President Trump to outright deny knowing anything about the intel cited in the report.

“To date, DOD has no corroborating evidence to validate the recent allegations found in open-source reports. Regardless, we always take the safety and security of our forces in Afghanistan—and around the world—most seriously and therefore continuously adopt measures to prevent harm from potential threats,” Jonathan Hoffman, the chief Pentagon spokesman, said in a statement.

The New York Times, citing unnamed officials, reported Friday that it is believed that some “Islamist militants” or “criminal elements” collected payouts. The report pointed out that 20 Americans were killed there in 2019. It was not clear if any of those deaths were the result of a bounty.

Robert O’Brien, the national security adviser, said in a statement that since the allegations in the report were not verified by the intelligence community, Trump has not been briefed on the matter."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pe...ce-to-stand-up-nyt-report-on-russian-bounties

19. Morgotha

China must have decided it's a world power now, as they are acting badly in every way.

"China on Tuesday adopted a contentious national security law that will allow Beijing to override Hong Kong’s judicial system and target political opponents in the city, stripping the territory of autonomy promised under the handover agreement with Britain and raising the prospect of further retaliation from Washington.

The move has strained China’s relations with the United States and other Western nations, with Secretary of State Mike Pompeo saying on Friday that Washington would place visa restrictions on Chinese officials responsible for curtailing freedoms in Hong Kong. On Monday, China said it would impose reciprocal measures on unspecified American officials, while the Commerce Department suspended some of Hong Kong’s preferential trade treatment under U.S. law."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...-confrontation-with-us/ar-BB167ZuQ?li=BBnb7Kz

20. Morgotha

So the DNC now says that Trump holding a 4th of July fireworks show at Mt. Rushmore is "glorifying white supremacy". At this point there's no way I can vote for Biden. I just don't hate America that much.

"
    Trump is set to attend a fireworks display at the iconic landmark that honors George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt and Abraham Lincoln.

But a tweet from the Democrats' official Twitter page took issue with the president for holding the event there and shared a link to an article published by The Guardian last week about the criticism he has received from the Native American community.

"Trump has disrespected Native communities time and again," The Democrats wrote. "He's attempted to limit their voting rights and blocked critical pandemic relief. Now he's holding a rally glorifying white supremacy at Mount Rushmore- a region once sacred to tribal communities."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/de...scheduled-fourth-of-july-event-at-mt-rushmore