Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[103] React like a Tyger or a Lamb

Discussion in 'Episode 103 - The Tyger And The Lamb' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Not impossible, but I doubt it. For a crime like killing his grandparents I think he would have gotten more than mere relocation, and his uncle probably would not have enthusiastically volunteered to sponsor him. My guess is he beat up a bully at school. Probably pretty badly.

As for the episode itself, again just very mediocre TWD universe television. Not horrible like I feared, but mediocre. Instead of talking about the episode, I will say that Mr. Wizard at the end did bring back quite a few memories! Around 6th and 7th grade, I used to get up at 5:30 a.m. so i'd have 90 minutes of TV to watch before I had to get ready for school. Nickelodeon. Mr. Wizard was one of the shows on at that hour.

#41 Neuropyramidal, Oct 18, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  2. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

This show honestly should have been centered around that lady that they showed at the end (don't know her name).

I'm honestly not sure why they chose to make this show for the audience they seem to be making it for. I would imagine not many who watch the CW teen programs are all that into horror programming anyways.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I haven't seen the episode yet. Came to judge reactions and it looks as if the show continues to be mediocre at best.

My fear when I saw the promos earlier this year was that it'd be a teen type show, and those fears have been realized. It's not even a decent teen show either. If you take Stranger Things for instance, the kids there are interesting characters. These feel artificial and not appropriate for a post-apocalypse world. IT part 1 by Stephen King a few years ago, was also excellent with a kid based cast. So it can be done well and made interesting for all audiences.

I'll watch it eventually but if things don't improve soon I'll be tempted to delete it off my DVR.

4. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Characters are really weak. Felix and his side-kick are unbearable, and young Eugene and the other boy might be even worse. The two sisters are ok at best.

The lady villain is a snoozefest and feels completely out of place (not unlike the lady villain of FTWD), if I wanted to watch the Barefoot Contessa, I'd go for the Food Network.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Goggles Pizano

I agree with the comment that it’s somewhat typical Walking Dead universe writing. Not terrible, not great. Just sort of sits there in its stereotyped characters and situations.

The geeky nerd
    The brooding damaged big guy with delayed or non existent affect for almost every interaction (if I have to watch multiple scenes every f...... episode with the same reaction for two season.......)
    The plucky “lets-get-to-it” go-getter
    The hard nosed, rough around the edges, capable of making the hard plays, heroine, haunted by a past trauma
    An in-the-closet manly man, struggling......

——- I give up. Lol

Who didn’t think Hope was going to sneak out to activate the siren?

Actually one thing did totally catch me by surprise. At the end in the tire yard when Hope was just about to go down to the walkers and the camera panned to the heavy smoke. I knew what was coming..... through the mist slowing coming into focus would be a giant of a man, springing into action, becoming the hero he was meant to be, and through that smoke would be a giant wrench (stolen from an oil platform in the middle of the pacific) swung with the mightiest of Thor like swings......
    But wait...it’s just Iris. Lol

Come on Walking Dead, what’s going on when a person whose watched the WD universe since Rick staggered out of that hospital all puzzled, can’t see the ending coming a mile away?

6. walkon

walkon Active Member

Oh big time unbearable. . Especially the sidekick. The kids are ok/bland at best except Silas. I admit to feeling a bit sorry for the kid and find myself cheering him on.

7. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Don't know if it's the actor, but I have too much of a "Eugene" feeling with him. And I hate Eugene!

8. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

When I heard that this was a two season series I was hopeful that we'd get a fast paced, compelling plot . When you're not looking at a lengthy series, you can surprise the audience with some quick character deaths and twists and turns.

They should've done something with a harder edge to it. I don't know how it ever went from the story pitch stage to actual production.

9. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

I'm really starting to think that the limited series announcement wasn't so much because that that was what they had planned all along but instead because they knew this show would turn off a lot of viewers of this franchise. I'm also now really starting to wonder if AMC even has the ability to make a good TWD show that isn't tied to some sort of pre-existing source material.