Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Live Reaction 603

Discussion in 'Episode 603 - Alaska' started by Sharpie61, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

True. The reason I'm not giving ratings that low is because I rate the TWD universe in comparison with all prime time scripted drama television. Including things like procedural cop dramas. As bad as some of these TWD universe episodes are, for me they still stand above stuff like Law and Order. That is the type of stuff I would rate as a 3.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. blundig

blundig Member

It funny that with an overrepresentation of diversity, all the super villains are still white. By the way, can you think of anyone who could possibly survive the apocalypse do anything but snap Virginia's neck with their bare hands the second she opened her mouth? Like acting nutty and megalomaniacal would have an impact on your average 1%'er. Alpha was farcical too, but her sheer hideous appearance might throw someone off for a second.

3. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

It sounded more exciting when I read the spoiler.

I give it a 7

The truth is out there

4. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

She seems to think it's pretty funny.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

The biggest problem with the franchise right now is that they've lost their identity. It's supposed to be the Zombie Apocalypse yet we have fleets of helicopters and a broad network of sinister people doing stuff. We should be in a world where supplies become even more scarce, and even an infected cut might be a death sentence. But instead we have cannisters of Cipro just chillin on the roof with beer. All sorts of nonsense. This stuff has even bled into TWD (for which Gimple is to blame) but Kang has done a good job writing around some of the stuff. But in Fear it's just a disaster.

People have already touched on the idiocy of the bubonic plague. So, I'll focus on the Dwight and Sherry reunion. They completely botched that. It should be gradually teased and you're led to that moment, like with Maggie and Glenn. This was just an episode filled with stupid stuff and then the reunion was thrown in at the end, as if it was an afterthought. At the very least that should've been the focal point of this episode.

It also makes no sense that Dwight and Al are out there on there own and they're just going to go back to Virginia's group who they hate? Why not keep going? They're both survivors that have traveled across the country on their own and they're just like, this is cool let's go back to that evil dystopian community where they just might kill us one day?

The whole setup is unbelievable.

Also just when I thought it was great that they had Morgan take a darker turn, he's now doubting himself again? Make it STOP.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Stealth

We also had the evil bounty hunter guy who Morgan killed this season.

The overrepresentation thing is silly too. If anything Fear is supposed to be in Texas so we should have a large number of Latino people on the show. But that's not the case. The whole argument is bizarre.

• Like Like x 1
  7. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

I think the idea of having Al and Dwight coming back is the threat of "hurting your loved ones" if you don't. It's still pretty stupid as you're giving people you hate the freedom to plot against you and gather weapons and allies.

I don't really mind the helicopters. The mechanic is still there and readily reaparable, you only need to produce fuel. I think it's normal that after ten years of darkness, groups get organized and build through the plague. What's very tiring is the repetition of (since zombies don't matter anymore) dumb-ass improbable villains. Negan was a masterpiece of credibility compared to the FTWD villains, and he was a cartoon characer.

Silly is a very polite way to put it. If anything, blacks, latinos and POC in general are absolutely underrepresented in about everything since always. FTWD has a nice mix of people, but a quick look at the characters with the most episodes and nope... we're still a long way from Living Single.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Stealth

Yeah, it's bizarre. If anything you could look at it the other way. The bounty hunter guy was killed off in one episode. I think they could've gotten a little more mileage out of him because he was somewhat interesting (in comparison to Virginia who is such a ridiculous villain). Then you have Strand who, although he's had his moments, has been mostly duplicitous. There was the poorly written filthy lady from Season 4, who you pointed out. So Morgan is the sole good black character, and at times in the past he's been crazy.

So, yeah, overrepresentation, and all great people.