Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Random Daily Chit-Chat Thread...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by CheesyBirdMess, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I just found out that Taco Bell no longer sells the Mexican Pizza OR Dr. Pepper!

The Mexican Pizza was the most glorious and beautiful combination of two very popular foods... The bastardized American interpretation of Mexican food and pizza!!! DAFUQ!?!?!?

I'm so angry right now! This is a million times worse than any election outcome. Ever. And of course it happens in 2020. Why not? The year from hell.

If I had low self-esteem, I'd probably cut myself or something. Ugh! This is a travesty.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I waited in the drive thru for 20 minutes just for some gen-Z dimwit to rip my heart out with that news as well. I think that's the part that hurts the worst! lol

She's all "Ummmmm like we don't sell that or Dr. Pepper anymore. Would you like the Nacho box or like, maybe some Cherry Coke instead?" I almost jumped through the window to get at her. How dare she?

3. southernlady

southernlady Well-Known Member

I was so surprised when I found out they weren’t selling the Mexican Pizza anymore! I asked why and they couldn’t tell me. Clearly it was a favorite. Very disappointed.

As tragic as this is, I AM happy that you do not suffer from low self esteem!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

You know.... I knew you'd understand my pain @southernlady Thank you! The fact that you're a fellow Mexican Pizza lover, gives me pause in knowing that this world isn't as cold and as cruel as I almost began to believe that it was.

I'm still in shock and I will demand answers. I WILL glue myself to the cold glass double doors that lead into their corporate HQ if that's what it takes to get to the bottom of this criminal act. I will not rest.... After I take a nap.

5. southernlady

I think we should stage a protest! We must set this horrible mistake to right. How can the world continue with no Mexican pizza??? Impossible I say.

So yes we must rest so we can begin our protests!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I wonder if that has to do with Coke & Pepsi stopping from producing certain flavors anymore.
    And I just read this morning that Heinz is stopping certain ketchups too.
    All 3 blamed the pandemic.

The truth is out there

7. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Not to mention they have Pepsi. Blech!

I liked the Mexican pizza when they had green onions on it, then they disappeared, now the whole thing has gone...

I used to like the long taco Taco Bell had, but that went the way of the buffalo. I also used to like their bean burritos with green sauce, but anymore? Nope, those days are gone.

And what about the enchirito? With extra sauce they were really pretty tasty, and you could use the extra enchilada sauce on something else. Poor enchirito! We hardly knew ye.

#5327 Morgotha, Nov 9, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Morgotha

Covid is the biggest excuse for cost-cutting I've ever seen. Even things that can't be remotely tied to the virus get written off as, "well, because of covid..."

9. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I’ve gotten hooked on their power bowls lately. If they discontinue that in the future, I’ll be a little cranky.

10. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Yes! Those are really good, and they're a pretty legit healthy alternative by fast food standards. One bowl is about 490 calories (I think), low sugar, decent carb count, not too high for fat, and it fills you up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. southernlady

12. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. southernlady

I'm going to try this one myself!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. southernlady

Oh that does sound good! I'll have to try this as well :)

16. Morgotha

There is a BBC article on the theramin, an instrument that produces sound by disturbing electromagnetic waves but isn't actually touched. I always thought of this as a novelty that kids would use to make creepy sound effects, but it's amazing how it can be used by a professional musician. Here's a video of a man playing "over the rainbow" from the wizard of oz. What really impressed me is how at around 1:50 or so he starts fading from one note to another as if he was playing a violin at the same time he's modulating the volume of the notes. It's neat to see!

Here's a duet of theramin and piano of "flight of the bumblebee" that's unreal. The theramin player is using a pedal to break the notes in to discrete units, I believe, but this song was *meant* for this "instrument"!

https://www.bbc.com/culture/article/20201111-the-theremin-the-strangest-instrument-ever-invented

• Like Like x 1
  17. shortpaul

shortpaul Member

You guys getting the ps5?

18. purriwinkle

Nope

19. shortpaul

shortpaul Member

I can't wait. Fortnite will look great on it. What's your KDA?

20. purriwinkle

I don’t know about KDA but we do get KFC from time to time, lol.
    No, seriously, I had to look that one up. Full disclosure, you’re talking with someone probably your grandma’s age. I don’t know who’s into gaming as many of us came over with the Walking Dead Forums when they were their own thing.

As for virtual girl groups? Nah, but I did see a Hatsune Miku concert one year when I took my daughter and some friends to an Anime convention. I thought the whole production was fabulous.

By the way, welcome to the forum. Little quiet today.