Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Time for Trump to go

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Jul 20, 2015.

1. shortpaul

shortpaul Member

Fart politics

2. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I looked this up. When Obama left office the national debt was 19 Trillion plus. Currently under the current administration it’s over 27 Trillion. Look at that...went UP under the Republicans not down. So this is what worries you all of a sudden? Hmmmm......don’t recall hearing much about this from you in the last four years.

3. tink

tink Well-Known Member

In case you thought it was just Trump and the lunatic fringe, this from the GOP twitter account:

GOP
    @GOP

"We will not be intimidated...We are going to clean this mess up now. President Trump won by a landslide. We are going to prove it. And we are going to reclaim the United States of America for the people who vote for freedom."—Sidney Powell

[​IMG]
    0:52
    2.7M views
    Multiple sources called this election differently
    12:25 PM · Nov 19, 2020·Sprout Social

Retweets

Quote Tweets

https://twitter.com/GOP/status/1329490975266398210

4. purriwinkle

Your not seeing the difference between lawful protest smattered with some criminal acts and one president and his toadies trying to overturn the legal results of a fair election because he’s butt hurt is part of the problem.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. purriwinkle

Delusional fascists. They might as well make that their slogan.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Once again, Republicans suddenly terrified about the national debt once a Democrat is elected, but perfectly OK with the fact it was Republicans that drove the debt up so high when they were in office. Under the Trump administration, the debt has SKYROCKETED, and likely he was covering up some of the things he's spent money on so it's likely worse than we know.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Then you weren't listening. The national debt terrifies me. I can't believe the amount of money that's just been given away (especially to big business) using covid as an excuse. In the short term, I'm o.k. with not doing anything about it, but once covid is under control? We need to try and quit spending so much. At some point the US won't even be able to make its monthly credit card payment and will be insolvent.

There won't be any "let's help the illegal aliens" or worries about "systemic racism" when the money runs out.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Morgotha

One butt hurt guy is not going to destroy the US government. You guys have spent the past 4 years saying Trump was going to do every terrible thing under the sun, and NONE of them have happened.

LOL, he's not going to overturn the election, and neither are the Repubs who want to assure their voters they are on Trump's side. It's not a real problem, regardless of what the people who get paid to scare you say.

And with Portland as my example, 3 months of rioting is hardly a "lawful protest". Protest against what?

9. purriwinkle

I believe you, it’s your timing that raises skepticism.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Morgotha

I'd have been fine without giving away a nickel for covid relief, but then an awful lot more people would be suffering.

11. Morgotha

??? reporting him for saying "Yea, it's amazing how they blame the Dems so fast."?

There must have been something deleted out of the post above, right?

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. tink

tink Well-Known Member

He rewrote the text in my post when he quoted it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. purriwinkle

I disagree. In the last four years EVERY terrible thing Trump said he was going to do he did and more. He continues his scorched earth policy even now as a lame duck.

Portland’s is one city. The country has not fallen because one city has a section that is full of angry people. It seems to be unique in the intensity and duration of it’s activities. I give that no more concern than you do the actions currently of the President and his cronies.

14. Morgotha

The thing about the timing is Biden's statements: "Let's forgive everyone's student loans", "let's rejoin the Paris accord and pay for cleaning up *China*!", "let's get rid of the wall and unfair border enforcement (hence more non-taxpaying burdens coming in from the rest of the world.

The guy isn't even in office yet and he's *already* spending money we don't have. That *should* worry me, as he's not even pretending he'll be cutting back.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Morgotha

I figured it was something like that.

16. Morgotha

Right, the things Trump said he was going to do he actually tried to do - I respect that in a politician.

What I meant was that none of the things that *other people* said he was going to do happened.

17. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Yeah... I think its grossly obtuse for anyone to point fingers at the other side or to blame political rivals about how horribly they've jacked up the debt. Both parties are equally culpable for this. Let's not kid ourselves.

The debt was more than doubled by Obama and the usual suspects were quiet as a church mouse about that while quickly pointing fingers at Orange Man Bad for adding another 8 trillion. And let's not forget that we all wanted that 2 trillion Coronavirus relief.... but we're now going to criticize him for that? That logic, or lack thereof, amounts to nothing more than partisan political spin.

That debt will continue to climb under Biden and people on the left will conveniently forget about it until a new Republican is President. And the conservatives will return the favor when another Democrat is in charge.

The bottom line here is that the debt is out of control and our last 3 Presidents, congress, various government entities and special interests are all equally responsible for that on some way, shape or form.

This isn't a partisan issue, and people who think it is, need to wake up.

• Like Like x 1
  18. purriwinkle

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I do actually care about the debt. The first thing that needs to happen is a repeal of the #GOPTaxScam that made it so the rich and corporations get away with paying nothing in taxes, while average Americans have to pay more. And yes, there was a slight tax break for the rest of us, but that expires in the next couple years, while the ones for the rich are PERMANENT.

And we should stop propping up pork for EITHER party. Bribing elected officials by giving them money for special projects is BS.

And it may sound counter-intuitive, but actually doing the unpopular things to get the virus under control will also help with the debt. Until we get it under control we will keep having to shut down schools, businesses, etc. when we have flair ups. Those countries that did the hard work right away are now fully open, and even in some cases mask free.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Morgotha

I agree completely. The worst part is no one in government is even suggesting trying to pay it down.

• Like Like x 1