Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Dexter

Discussion in 'Television Shows' started by RIPRV, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Necrophile213

Necrophile213 Well-Known Member

I actually wondered if he was on Meth

2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Well then maybe the weight loss was it. It's weird though because when you compare he didn't look that much more filled out before season 5. At least I didn't think. But maybe so.

3. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Yeah, people commented about it when the series was on because they thought he was sick or something. The actor said in an interview though that he just started eating healthy and that was the reason for the big weight change.

4. Deidre

Deidre Member

I'm going into season 8 now on Netflix. LOVE IT! I didn't see that coming at the end of season 7, wow. I cried. It's a shame this series is going to soon come to and end for me, with no future of it in sight. But, it was a very interesting series, with a lot of ups and downs, humor, fear, horror, and realism. Michael C Hall did a great job in the starring role.

5. Deidre

Deidre Member

I just finished the series tonight...Wow, what an ending!! I'm thinking that he never met up with Hannah, and just resumed a new identity. In some ways, that was to protect Harrison and Hannah, and in another way...it was because he preferred living with his dark passenger. So sad...

I'll miss this show! :(

6. Deidre

Deidre Member

I finally finished the series tonight, I never heard of this show until recently, when encouraged to watch it from a friend who had seen it on Netflix. Regarding what you're saying, yes...I thought the same thing, that suddenly his urge to kill went away because of his love for Hannah? But, he is a human being, still. He can feel love in as much as a psychopath can feel love, so maybe for a brief moment, he thought he could ditch his dark passenger and have a 'normal' life. So, while the voice over makes the comment about wanting to protect Hannah and Harrison from him, as he steers his boat into the storm...when we see the final scene with Dexter as a lumberjack, I can't help but wonder if the part of him that won over, was really his dark passenger. His father had told him recently, that you can't live in both worlds. And I think the world he chose, was to be isolated from human contact, and to most likely...go on killing. His dark passenger would always win, even though he so badly wanted to be like everyone else. But the beauty of the ending, was that he did feel emotion, as it meant protecting those he grew to care for, his son and Hannah. But, I have a feeling, the dark passenger was what drove the decision, because he knew he would always be a killing...no matter where he lived. That's just my take on the final season.

Just read an article tonight after watching this, and the writers don't intend on making a sequel, but if they do, the original cast won't be a part of it. :(

#166 Deidre, Jun 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
  7. Necrophile213

There was no beauty in the ending. There was no beauty left in the series from the moment he chose let Hannah off the table and **** her instead of killing her. Glad you found the series. I started watching it in season 2. Watching the decline of this show was painful. Outsode of Hannibal it's my fav series all time. Seasons 1-5 were magic. 1 and 4 is some of the best TV ever written.

8. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

There's a rumor the series is coming back next year. I don't know what in hell they're going to do to fix that shit hole of a season finale. I still say Season 4 was the best hands down, and had the best cliff hanger in TV history.

9. Necrophile213

One of the only moment in tv history that I wish I hadn't been spoiled on. Dexter did cliffhangers right. The season 6 cliffhanger was also well done.

10. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Season 6 was the doomsday killer, right?

11. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

SUCH a good show, but the worst ending of any series I've ever seen.

12. jackson04

jackson04 Active Member

Lindigo here you are in another thread of a show I love!! :D

And yes worst ending EVA! Please Walking Dead don't do us this way.

13. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Hello, pea in a pod! TWD can't possibly go that wrong. It's not humanly possible. lol

14. Sarah-kate

Sarah-kate Member

Still not as bad as Lost ending lol. I love Dexter, so much so that's my sons name lol. But yeah he deseverved a better ending than that. Trinity storyline was my favourite. But season 1 was also amazing.

15. DeadBoston

DeadBoston Member

I know MCH and others on the show were pissed that show started to go down hill the last few seasons. They alluded to the producers/writers having a tough time wrapping up and just got burnt down by finale time. Still an awful ending.

I always held out a lil hope they'd do a spin off with him.

16. Stealth

I can't believe they're actually going to do another season of Dexter after the horrendous series finale 7 years ago. Can't wait to check in with lumberjack Dexter. Maybe it'll be unintentionally funny like Season 8 was. It created some great memes at the time.

[​IMG]

17. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Really???? On Showtime???

18. Stealth

Yes on Showtime. I was shocked when I saw a teaser for it. Late 2021.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. southernlady

southernlady Well-Known Member

I'm just reading about the series revival - I'm not sure how I feel about this! The ending of was just horrible, yet I did love the show.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Stealth

Season 4 was the pinnacle of the show with John Lithgow playing the Trinity Killer and then Dexter finally catching him, but at such great cost. If they had ended it right there with him finding Rita dead it would've been regarded as one of the top series of all time. But it went on too long and the final season is one of the worst ever.