Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Time for Trump to go

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Biden basically said it was up to Congress to decide what they thought was best. It looks like they'll have an impeachment vote in the House on Wednesday unless Pence invokes the 25th Amendent today. I thought we had at best a 25% shot of that happening as the week started, with Mnuchin returning from his trip abroad early. But now with news that Pence met with the excrement in the White House yesterday, I highly doubt it.

Pence should pull the plug while the maniac goes to Texas today. He's going to a town called Alamo, with the intent of further inciting the trash that supports him toward violence.

It's concerning that the FBI has said that all states are at risk for some sort of attack from these people. Many state governments are at particular risk, and are softer targets. Michigan probably has secured things a bit more, due to the threats they faced from Trump's fascists last year. I imagine Georgia has too with all the focus they've had from Dear Leader the past few months.

The impeachment trial won't occur in the Senate until after Biden is sworn in. It remains significant though because if convicted he would not be able to hold federal office again, his pension would be removed, along with travel money and lifetime secret service protection.

As Senator Sasse said recently, he was told that Trump was "delighted" with the attack on the Capitol and was surprised that others in the White House were not.

No, surprises there, Trump is a psychopath. But whether he's in office or not, they need to proceed with the impeachment trial and hopefully a conviction with the 2/3 vote. At the very least you put everyone on record if they are for democracy, or a fascist leader.

2. Stealth

Yeah, there's no way it'll stand that you can pardon yourself for crimes you committed in office. You can't attempt to incite an angry mob to insurrection and then just call it a day with a pardon.

He will be able to pardon his demonic offspring though, and Giuliani who called for "trial by combat" at the insurrection rally last Wednesday.

3. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I can't believe you'd want to take away his secret service protection :eek:. Do you REALLY think it would be in America's best interests to have someone assassinate a former president? LOL, I know there's severe Trump hatred out there, but... that's too much. Personally, I'd vote against impeachment unless it was stipulated he'd have secret service protection for the rest of his days.

4. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Karma. It would be exactly what Trump deserves.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Morgotha

I bet that bar owner that is facing huge fines and jail time for trying to remain open in NYC is really gnashing his teeth right now. Cuomo is going to make a speech on how important it is to reopen the state even if it's not 100% safe to do so.

So... NY is going to become Florida North. I bet De Santis is laughing his rump off right now!

Of course... there's the REALLY cynical view which would be that Cuomo is going to reopen the state to make the economy look like it's doing better under President Biden. I guess we'll have to see if a bunch of other Dem controlled states suddenly do the same thing around Jan. 20. I hope not. I really don't want to believe that all the suffering the country has gone through wasn't just a cynical political ploy by the Democrats to tank their opponent's administration and bolster their own.

"
    Previewing this year's State of the State address, Cuomo called for New York's economy to be reopened regardless of the slow coronavirus vaccine rollout.

"We simply cannot stay closed until the vaccine hits critical mass. The cost is too high. We will have nothing left to open. We must reopen the economy, but we must do it smartly and safely. #SOTS2021," Cuomo tweeted.

Critics panned Cuomo's sudden denunciation of lockdowns, even as New York businesses continue to suffer for the effects of various coronavirus restrictions.

"So let me get this straight..when Republicans have been saying this that means they are science deniers trying to kill people, but when @NYGovCuomo finally says this today then he is a genius who should write another book about his incredible leadership? Did I get that right?" asekd Rep. Lee Zeldin, R-N.Y. ""

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cr...ns-suggest-trump-is-using-his-twitter-account

6. tink

tink Well-Known Member

7. Morgotha

8. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Hmph.... I'd like to know what's going on in YOUR state but be that as it may, let me tell you about things here as far as I know it.

In NYS, the infection rate is 9% or lower. I happen to live in a county with a 9% rate that was one of the lowest and first to reopen when covid rates were at their highest last spring.
    My theory is the "fresh meat" theory. In areas where infection rates were high early, while not gaining herd immunity, a greater number of people were left with natural antibodies. Things were great all summer with people vacationing all over our own state. However once the cooler weather took hold and the holiday season began, the virus took off. Where? In areas where there were greater numbers of people who hadn't been infected earlier and didn't have antibodies. New hosts. The commissioner of public health from our county has espoused a similar idea.

Now enter businesses. They had to conform to the state rules for safety in order to open so masks, plastic shields, social distancing, etc became common place. Entertainment venues were not included but stores, restaurants, salons, eventually gyms etc were doing business, some at 50% but they were open. I can't speak for the rest of the state but in our area as the infection rate rose, "zones" became yellow and then some orange which meant if you were in an orange zone, you had to close again or open only for take out. Here's the thing. It kinda made no sense. These zones abutted each other so on one side of the street a restaurant would be open but on the other side not. Restaurant owners in our area ended up suing the state because the data, "science", showed that the virus wasn't being spread through restaurants, or businesses but by "people" in private gatherings who were not following the protocols. County leaders went to bat for the business owners and Andy states he follows the science so I'm sure they were trying to point that out to him. Notice I avoided saying, rubbing his nose in it, lol. I love Andy but I don't always agree with everything he does.

In what he called an experiment, last Saturday, just under 7,000 season ticket holders were allowed in at Orchard Park to watch the Bills first play off game against the Colts. They had to have a negative covid test to enter the stadium (I think 130 people tested positive and were sidelined) had to sit apart , and wear a mask. No tail gate parties, lol.
    If it doesn't turn into a mass spreader event it may mean another turning point in reopening the state.

With the vaccine role out, and if people start behaving themselves now that the holidays are over, Andy looks like he's coming around to letting more businesses reopen as long as they continue to do it safely. It might be coincidental but with Biden announcing he's going to release more vaccine, perhaps the thinking is that more people will get it. More people vaccinated means less infection. Doesn't mean mask restrictions, social distancing etc are going away any time soon but we're hopeful things will stabilize once again.

Right now, I'm in a frenzy over getting my father vaccinated. The minute it was announced that there was a limited number of vaccines available (Sunday) for those aged 75 or older I alerted him to the news. I should have known better but he didn't jump on it however everyone else did. Now all the slots are full and he's going to have to keep checking back as more vaccine becomes available. I was furious with him and myself because I know he's a procrastinator but he's of sound mind, lives independently and is in charge of his own affairs. We've all been very fortunate so far and I would hate to see him get sick on the cusp of his being able to be vaccinated. I'm getting involved now to see where and when he can schedule an appointment if anywhere. He's so stubborn though. I wanted to sign him up on the states website earlier but he insisted they wanted too much personal information and he didn't want me to do it. He called his doctor but they informed him they didn't have any doses for those in the 1-b tier and were still working on 1-a. So we'll see what happens.

*Oh and bars were a problem. Admitting more people than the state allowed, people crowded closely together, getting soused without masks. He passed a safety ruling that people couldn't order a drink at a bar unless they ordered food so bars had to have a food menu. They jumped through the hoops but there were some outliers that wouldn't follow the rules and if caught they got shut down.

#31888 purriwinkle, Jan 12, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
  9. purriwinkle

He can afford to hire his own security. He can use the money from his slush fund that his supporters so generously contributed to.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. purriwinkle

Hey Mo, this is for you...our favorite Catholic late night host’s Jan. 11th monologue(nods to Kimmel, O’Brien and Fallon) lol.....you can thank me later

#31890 purriwinkle, Jan 12, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
  11. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Couple of things I found out through fact checkers.
    That whole “impeached prez doesn’t get SS and retirement pay is false. Unless the senate convicts him

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/impeached-president-lose-benefits/

Trumps legal team explained to him that if he selfs pardons for the insurrection, he will be admitting to guilt. According to a “source” he claimed if he can’t, then no one else will get one

Deutsche bank will no longer do business dealings with Trump.

https://amp.theguardian.com/business/2021/jan/12/deutsche-bank-severs-ties-with-donald-trump

The truth is out there

12. Stealth

Yes, that's what everyone is talking about, Senate conviction and not the House impeachment passing. The latter is just a repeat of last year.

If rumors are true and McConnell does want him convicted so they can purge Mr. Sedition from the party, then it'll be a done deal. He'll get those votes.

13. Stealth

Yes, he can. It'll be interesting to see how quickly they go through the money because they're going to be spending tons of it on lawyers too. His brand that was already badly damaged is now toast, after inciting an insurrection.

14. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

His base would still faithfully buy his brand, except that they can’t afford to stay at any of his properties. Do you think he’ll offer a discount to anyone wearing a MAGA hat?

15. Morgotha

3 million people, 4,000 deaths. Restaurants and theaters are open but with reduced seating, masks, etc.

Yeah, it's not easy to come up with a policy for a dense urban environment like NYC. That whole "one side of the street is fine, the other isn't" doesn't make sense, though. Much as I dislike Cuomo, De Blasio really should have been doing more in that regard as well.

It's interesting to hear you have a neutral take on the Bills/Colts game. The news out here was that Cuomo was going to allow the game because he personally wanted to go, and only cancelled his tickets after the loud public outcry.

He really should let businesses open up. For example, if only 1.4% of cases are spread through restaurants, and they supply a decent amount of the funding for your tax base and employ a lot of people in your state, WHY keep them closed?

If your father lives at home and not in a nursing home, given that he's probably not having much contact with people his risk is probably pretty low. Naturally I'd get him the vaccine as soon as it's available, but I wouldn't stress about it too much. After all, he's already made it through several big "waves" on infection so far without getting sick!

I believe it. Bars are always a problem with *everything*, IMO, LOL! Talk about a place ripe for getting people to do the wrong thing!

16. Morgotha

Baloney. Private security does NOT have the access to governmental resources that the secret service does. We shouldn't be sending the message to the world's terrorists that any President's life is free for the taking.

17. Morgotha

Meh. Another screed. The bad actors should be put in jail, the "protestors" will walk, just like in an Antifa/BLM protest. LOL, I did think it funny how he minimized the terrorism caused by the latter two, as if you look at the actual damage done to US property - they did more by a long shot.

And I don't like how he's lying about a new impeachment. He makes it sound as if they impeach Trump now it'll stop him from being a threat to the country for the rest of his term, when Colbert knows that to be untrue, as Trump would still be functioning in office until the Senate can vote, and McConnell says that won't happen before the 20th. IOW, impeachment will do NOTHING to stop Trump from acting for the remainder of his term.

As I've said before, I am also VERY uncomfortable with Twitter banning a president - or any other high-ranking government official from posting. Yeah, they are a private company, but if they are being used for a public purpose, I think that's a grey line. Perhaps the .gov should make its own Twitter-like site for .gov employees, pronouncements, etc.?

Of course the biggest failure of his monologue was: it wasn't funny. Yeah, that's what I want to tune in to a humor show for - to be preached to. :rolleyes: Oh well, to each their own.

18. Morgotha

Nope, he's going to be found guilty by the Dems regardless of whether he's guilty or not. That should be obvious. McConnell's passing the buck on voting on it, so the new Dem Senate will likely convict him - again along party lines.

19. tink

tink Well-Known Member

It's not going to be along party lines this time. Republicans are turning on him this time. And as more and more video is released, the number of Republicans abandoning him will only increase.

This is the last gasp of the Republican party as you know it. Going forward there will be Trump's Republican party and some new, as yet unidentified conservative movement. But make no mistake, Republicanism is finished. Those still trying to protect Trump will see to that.

20. tink

tink Well-Known Member