Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

WATCHATHON! Whatcha watchin?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Lindigo, May 11, 2020.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I've never seen it. It looked suspiciously like propaganda to me. I suppose I should get around to it at some point... I have to watch "The Princess Bride" with my daughter though, as she's never seen *that*!

2. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

There is some. But they don't lay it on too thick.

3. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Just finished season one of Emily In Paris. It’s the kind of fluff that’s so entertaining right now. Loved the fashion! Looking forward to season two.

4. purriwinkle

Started watching this anthology series on Amazon called The Romanoffs. Brilliant! It’s like Modern Love only the stories are a bit quirkier, I think. Got four episodes under my belt and still tuning in.

*oops had the wrong spelling of Romanoff.

#64 purriwinkle, Feb 14, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
  5. purriwinkle

Back to this old thread cause I’ve started to binge watch some shows I missed. Thought I’d mention Wednesday cause it was so entertaining! I thought all the actors hit the mark and I had fun speculating on who the “Hyde” was. Gave off that Harry Potter vibe too. Loved seeing Catherine Zeta-Jones and Gwendoline Christie. Jenna Ortega was amazing. Fun for anyone who likes a little “dark” fluff!

6. purriwinkle

Watching another Netflix show from Korea called Extraordinary Attorney Woo. Love it! It follows a brilliant autistic woman with a photographic memory as she navigates her world after being the first autistic student to finish law school. It’s fascinating to watch how the judiciary branch in another country functions along with the customs, the working environments and attitudes towards what society views as disabilities. Of course there are some reveals and love interests to keep things interesting and the viewer anxiously waiting to see what happens.

7. purriwinkle

Oh, and finished season three of Emily in Paris. What a bombshell in the season finale! To quote Emily, “What a mess!” but would we want it any other way? LOL

8. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Have been watching The Boys on Prime. It's good mindless entertainment, a satire of the whole superhero genre. But after binging two of the first three seasons of it, had to take a break before Season 3. The whole concept could get tiring though. It might be one of those series that isn't best to binge straight through and watch one season at a time and then have that gap before they release the next one. It does have a number of very funny moments in it.

9. purriwinkle

I just finished Derry Girls, and what a hoot! I found myself laughing out loud constantly. I would place the manic absurdity and content somewhere between Malcolm in the Middle and Flea Bag. The actor playing the head nun was both bitchy and extremely funny…what a role, and done so well! Oh, those Irish, lol

10. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Started watching the Mayor of Kingstown on Paramount +. The acting, particularly Jeremy Renner, is outstanding. The problem is that the whole story becomes increasingly unbelievable. The whole town is basically corrupt and he tries to "keep the peace." It's entertaining enough due to all the strong performances but the premise wears thin fast.

11. johnnyy

johnnyy New Member

Just finished 'The Diplomat' on Netflix.

It's described as a Drama; Political thriller, so I was expecting something harder hitting. It's more of a light drama with a bit of comedy. Not a bad watch though, just feels a bit soapy.

12. johnnyy

johnnyy New Member

Just finished Joe Picket. Pretty good.

13. purriwinkle

Well, I did manage to finish Mrs. Davis and Night Sky with Sissy Spacek and JK Simmons. I found both to be entertaining. Oh, and I almost forgot, Queen Charlotte: A Bridgerton Story. Anxiously awaiting season three of Bridgerton.

14. johnnyy

johnnyy New Member

I've recently finished off Black Sails which was good. Also finished off The Expanse last night, end felt rushed and gutted there won't be any more to finish it off, no time to read the books so it's done now.