Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Feb 28th is coming up!

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Television Series' started by Blueman, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

OK, Episode 'Home Sweet Home' is coming up on 28th Feb, just a little more than 3 weeks away.

Time to wake every body up. Roll call time!

Raise your hand and say your name out loud!

2. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Soooooo ready!!!

3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

5. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The truth is out there

6. Blueman

I see some people are killing time downstairs in the Debaters forum. Come up here!

Is this a new promo or not?

7. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

It's feels like forever since we had new content. Good that they were able to squeeze these 6 episode in during the pandemic.

8. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Can't wait, feels like it's been an eternity!

9. Blueman

I just realize that all of us became forum member in 2013 (except Terminator who came in Nov 2012).

10. Stealth

Yeah I joined for the second half of Season 3. Those middle seasons were the best years for this board.

11. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Yep. Until Negan showed up and started waving his bat around like a goofball and the show expected us to take him seriously as this fierce and terrifying villain.

I joined right before season 4 started. The problem with this board then was that spoilers would be thrown around right and left. If you weren't one who had read the comic and didn't know what was going to happen next and didn't want to know you needed to be extremely careful about the threads you chose to read because people undoubtedly would be throwing around comic spoilers. It was a weird situation because technically the show isn't a remake of the comic but it followed the main structure of the comic so much to the point that if you gave away comic spoilers you in many instances were spoiling the future direction of the show as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Blueman

Not sure if this is a new promo or not...so, post it anyway.

13. lastcat3

I'm beginning to think that we are really going to be able to tell that this was filmed while studios were still trying to figure out how to keep working while covid was going on. I don't think I have seen anymore than two or three people in any of the shots that have been released so far. I guess they can always form a story around that but it will be hard not to think while watching it that 'yeah we are getting this mainly because of covid'.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Blueman

If done right, an good episode can just focus on a few people.
    Say, Daryl and Carol discover a hermit survivor (much like Morgan coming across Eastman) who has a back story.
    I think, even an episode of bad story is better than no story.

15. Stealth

One thing they have extensive experience with is bottle episodes. I disliked some of them when they broke up the continuity of the story in full seasons, but now it might work. The Rick and Carl "After" episode that followed the fall of the prison was one of their better ones too. Clear when they found Morgan again was a small group of actors.

As long as we don't get 6 episodes like "Still" which was the Beth and Daryl alcohol run, then we should be okay.

16. lastcat3

Was that the episode where Beth gave her 'you're gonna be the last one standing' come on line to Daryl, lol?

17. Laurieellen

Laurieellen Well-Known Member

I joined in 2013 too, but I lurked for about a year before joining the party.

18. Stealth

Yes the same one. That was the first episode too that had major fan backlash.

19. Tigger

Tigger Active Member

Sadly, all the Beth heavy episodes received fan backlash. I recall holding my breath and wishing "don't sing don't sing don't sing ........"

20. Stealth

They should've just teamed Beth up with Maggie for the post prison period. It would've given them scenes following Hershel's death, and the whole family dynamic would've been more compelling. There was a running joke during that whole segment of the show that Maggie had forgotten she even had a sister.