Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Feb 28th is coming up!

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Television Series' started by Blueman, Feb 3, 2021.

1. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Yep. It really would have made more sense for them to keep the two sisters together. When you look at it from a production standpoint though you can see why they chose the matches they did. Both Daryl and Beth were non comic characters and at that point they were starting to follow the structure of the comic more closely than ever. Rick, Carl, and Michonne were together for the prison aftermath in the comic and Maggie and Glenn were together as well. If Gimple had been the showrunner at the time of season 2 they probably would have all met back up at the farm just like they did in the comic but since they blew up the farm in the show they couldn't do that.

• Like Like x 2
  2. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, nice to see you are still here and eagerly waiting for the new episodes just like I am. It’s been too long.

Just rewatching S10 with my daughter in preparation. Funny, how one of my most prominent feelings this time round is how much I’m enjoying Rosita’s scenes! It’s been a good season all round for me. (Except for the Michonne/island episode.)

I love bottle episodes, so I think these six upcoming episodes will sit well with me.

And I’m in total minority here because I loved ‘Still’ - I thought it was like a mini movie with brilliant character development and a fantastic ending. To dig myself further in a hole, lol, I also love it when people sing in this show so I liked Beth. But hey, I love all things Daryl Dixon and I’m a music teacher... - so am I excused? :p

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Newest and latest sneak peek of 10x18:-

Dog looks healthy and well.
    I speculate that Dog will distract/attack that woman to provide a moment of opportunity for Daryl to disarm her.

4. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Due to Covid, 3 out of the 6 episodes will focus exclusively on Dog.

5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

That sequence was weird. Dog runs off in one direction, yet Daryl runs straight to the door of the cabin. I think those were 2 different sequences meshed together. We know that at some point we are going to see a backstory of Daryl while he lived alone during the big time jump. I'm going to bet that the scene where Daryl is confronted in the cabin is actually a flashback from before he finds dog.

6. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Daryl wears the same outfit and gear in the whole sequence. So, I do not think the cabin encounter is a flashback.

7. zombie_basher

zombie_basher Member

Saw the episode already, it's pretty good. I enjoy the dynamic going on here between Negan and Maggie. Straight outta the comics. Beautiful. More than anything, by the end of these 6 episodes, I'm really hoping to see the fulfillment of issue 174 A Solitary Life, if anyone has read it, which SPOILERS if not, is the culmination of Negan's 'redemption arc.' That issue really gripped me because it revealed Negan's true feelings about his past actions and it showed that the worst people can change and be better. They don't always, but it's possible. Of course they have been following this direction and it seems to be headed to this point.

I don't necessarily want him to be exiled from the group, I just want some rendition of those awesome panels where he breaks down and expresses remorse for his actions to Maggie, killing Glenn in particular. I know we kinda already got that in season 9, but he was more just feeling sorry for himself and wanting to die rather than genuine remorse for past villianous deeds. That moment was a premature visitation of 174 because AMC wasn't even sure they'd get Cohan back. And I know they've been showing it throughtout seasons 9 and 10, but what I really want is that final moment with a person he wronged ultimately deciding to forgive him (but not necessarily like him) to cap the whole thing off. Also I know they are more on the side of adapting Here's Negan comic, but I think it's going to be an epic episode and they keep hyping it up so throwing issue 174 in there as well seems right, since it's apparently about Carol 'taking him on a journey' as he reflects on his past and decides on his future.

So I'm really hoping we get something like the comic where Maggie goes to kill him, we get an intense emotional scene between them, and then they reconcile as much as it is possible and she decides to spare him for good. So effectively we're seeing the origins of Negan and Lucille, his past life, his start as a villain and rise to power, and the final act of his redemption/final reconciliation with his greatest former enemies, all in one episode. What an epic way to end season 10 this could be.

Oh man, tell that to the haters who call this show trash and have been begging for it to end

• Like Like x 1
  8. BlackBird

I’ve seen the episode too. I loved most of it. I completely agree that the Negan/Maggie encounter was perfect and can’t wait for more. I’d love it if it went in the direction @zombie_basher has described above.

Maggie was never one of my favourites and I was not particularly bothered about her leaving/coming back, so I was taken back how much I enjoyed her in the episode.

All the dialogues in the episode are golden, beautifully written and acted. I could have done without the action and new villains in the second half (can we not have just one episode of a break between them? I’m so villain weary), but hey. The show is back, it’s still my favourite, and this was a solid start to 10C. Can’t wait for you all to see it.

9. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

Yes, I liked Still too and found it quite moving. Looking forward to seeing the new show this coming week:)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

I joined during Season 4 and loved the forum - but remembered being a bit disappointed to come across the spoiler rumours about Terminus and the cannibalism just during normal discussion threads. The impact of that episode would have been so much more dramatic if I hadn't heard of it at the time. Then I soon read the comics... so my own fault after that for knowing about Negan etc.

11. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I just read that we will get a backstory on dog, and how he met Daryl

The truth is out there

• Like Like x 1
  12. Stealth

Aside from your fatigue with new villains, how did they seem? Like they'll be good, or...not so great.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Hey! I'm Oct 2012! :p

14. BlackBird

‘Wolves’ - like. One dressed like Big Bird from Sesame Street. :confused: Lethal killer types. No fun at all. Hope they are transient.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

My guess is he came across him huddled in a ditch, scrounging for food, covered in his own filth. He saw him all alone and took pity on him. So he took him home, washed him and taught him to use words.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

So that’s why Daryl talks more. Dog taught him to speak.

The truth is out there

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Stealth

That sounds even worse than the recent Fear villains.

18. BlackBird

Oh, so Fear is still not picking up? (I’ve only seen S1) I don’t seem to come across any great enthusiasm for that show, so I’ve been dragging my feet to invest into catching up. Would you recommend that I should?

19. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Big loud NOPE

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. BlackBird

Well, thank you, PepperAnn.

• Like Like x 1