Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Time for Trump to go

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Hey! How you doing? Is your power on? Not freezing to death or anything?

2. Morgotha

Oops, I posted before reading the thread all the way through! Good to hear things are going o.k.:):)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you and the babies made it through ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

yeah up until last night I hadn’t had a bath or shower since last Tuesday. Lmao

I took a two hour soaking bath last night and another this morning. Lol

5. Morgotha

I bet that felt really, really, good to just soak in the warm water and feel all the stuff of the past week just floating away. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. DeadZedHead

Lol, stock up on baby wipes. Luckily you still had power. I had an oil heater for a while. Much better than the coil air heaters. I would even put my socks, underwear and shirt on top while taking my morning shower. Nice and toasty when i put them on. I cant imagine what you went through. I’d have pulled a Ted Cruz.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Good to hear you came through it ok. We’ve been there and it’s no fun. I’ll bet that bath felt good!

8. PepperAnn

Oh it was wonderful. Lol

9. PepperAnn

ACK! I just found out my work unblocked this site! YAY!

• Like Like x 1
  10. DeadZedHead

https://apple.news/Aq3xi47k0Qja2nmAMgWJ9uw

So it looks like trump not only insists on staying involved in politics, he actually might be spending more time on the job than he did as President.

11. purriwinkle

Like things are over and done.:rolleyes: I read that they just turned over his tax records to the Manhattan DA. Could be he’ll have legal issues that might keep him more occupied than he imagines at the moment.

https://abc7ny.com/trump-tax-return...ws-today-district-attorney-cy-vance/10369834/

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. DeadZedHead

Yes but its only 8 years. He has had to be on the up up for the last four years, so he effectively limited his liability by a lot. He will get a slap on the wrist at most. Pay some penalties and lie that he was found the most innocent person who ever existed or ever will.

13. Morgotha

I'm sure Trump has an accountant's firm prepare his taxes, and Trump himself is well-used to being sued. LOL, I remember watching "The Apprentice" and seeing process servers swarm Trump when he got out of a car. He'll be fine, just more of a show.

14. Morgotha

So donating his presidential salary was a sinister tax ploy by Trump and not a gracious donation to charity? Who knew? I guess Obama really IS more ethical -- after all, he kept every penny.

15. purriwinkle

Yes, but they’re looking at a lot of different things. He fought so long and hard to keep them private that it makes me wonder if there really are things in there that aren’t kosher, so to speak.

#32555 purriwinkle, Feb 25, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  16. purriwinkle

He does have an accounting firm and their work will be looked at well concerning his tax preparation. Who knows what will be found and how busy he’ll be fighting anything questionable that comes to light.

From the article:
    The millions of pages of documents, sources say, contain Trump's tax returns spanning from January 2011 to August 2019, as well as financial statements, engagement agreements, documents relating to the preparation and review of tax returns, and work papers and communications related to the tax returns.

Though the documents handed off from Trump's long-time accounting firm Mazars won't be released to the public because they're subject to grand jury secrecy rules, their delivery caps off an extraordinary 17-month quest by the former President and his lawyers to block investigators from obtaining the records.

17. Morgotha

I'm sure there's tons of quasi-legal stuff in there, just like there is in the tax return of every other richie out there. With Trump they're going to say it's so horrible, etc., whereas the exact same thing found in Soros' return? Not a peep.

It's one thing to act based on politics, but they shouldn't be allowed to weaponize the IRS. I can't see a good outcome from that.

18. purriwinkle

Trump has always been a questionable businessman as you yourself mentioned he was always getting served long before he became President. If there was nothing questionable financially then he should have released them long ago.

Maybe you think they shouldn’t have convicted Al Capone for tax evasion either, lol .....and don’t go on about how Trump is nothing like Capone. Just making a point that it’s been done before and most likely will be done again. Trump’s not as special as he imagines himself to be.

19. DeadZedHead

He collected far more than his salary from his weekend getaways at his personal business. In fact he collected more in golf club memberships at Mar a Lago which doubled its initiation fee when he got elected. He insisted meetings be taken at his properties which means you had to pay his company 200,000 just to walk in the door. At a salary of 400,000 he donated 1,600,000 or 8 memberships at the new fee. 2 memberships a year? After being elected president, new memberships jumped to 24 to 40 a year and is close to its 500 maximum. Lets average that to 30 new members a year. 6,000,000. He additionally spent millions of tax dollars on rooms, golf carts and food for secret service. To himself. Thats not including his other properties, which also had spikes in revenue. He is not being anywhere near as generous as you give him credit for.

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/inside-mar-a-lago-the-secret-history-of-trumps-florida-retreat/

Lol i wanted to see what his memberships brought in prior to his presidency.

“joining fees for the club yielded $6m in 2016 – up from $664,000 two years earlier – and that between 2015 and 2018, the president took $26m in payments from Mar-a-Lago.”

“trump has also refined the art of profiting from summit meetings held at his club. When leaders like Xi Jinping and Shinzo Abe have flown in, government records show that trump has booked out all the guestrooms at Mar-a-Lago for the US secret service, billing the government. As the Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist David Fahrenthold comments, “they figured out what is the maximum you can charge the US government for a hotel room, and charged that.” At times, government websites have openly promoted the club.”

Hell, he is worse than even i initially gave him credit for. I know your going to point to him not being president in 2015-2016. In 2016 he was running for president and yes he had a major jump in memberships that year. Your point is that he was generously giving his money away. My point is that he was taking in far more money than he would have made had he not run and got elected. Grift. I would gladly give up $40,000 a year if was going to get $600,00 back.

20. DeadZedHead

I agree. Lets drop this witchhunt against Hunter.

• Agree Agree x 1