Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Time for Trump to go

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Sure, maybe. According to your article he went from a worth of one million before becoming president to 70-125 million now. That's a lot of book sales. I wonder who bought them all?

As a frame of reference, Steven King is worth 500 million after selling 350 million books. Obama's two big sellers sold a total of about 5 million books yet his worth is (to make the math easy 100 million)? If King had a return like that he'd be worth at least 7 Billion!

With that type of cash he could run for president!

#32581 Morgotha, Feb 26, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
  2. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

It’s not like he has a history of fraudulent business activities or anything :rolleyes:

Exhibit A would be Trump U. From wiki:

The organization was not an accredited university or college. It conducted three- and five-day seminars (often labeled "retreats") and used high-pressure tactics to sell these to its customers.[4] It did not confer college credit, grant degrees, or grade its students.[5]In 2011, the company became the subject of an inquiry by the New York Attorney General's office for illegal business practices which resulted in a lawsuit filed in August 2013.[6] An article in the National Review described the organization as a "massive scam".[7]

Trump University was also the subject of two class actions in federal court. The lawsuits centered around allegations that Trump University defrauded its students by using misleading marketing practices and engaging in aggressive sales tactics. The company and the lawsuits against it received renewed interest due to Trump's candidacy in the 2016 presidential election. Despite repeatedly insisting he would not settle, Trump settled all three lawsuits in November 2016 for a total of $25 million after being elected president.[8]

Grifters gonna grift and the Manhattan DA is no doubt wondering what else Trump tried to get away with. If there’s nothing there then there’s nothing there but that remains to be seen.

3. Morgotha

Yeah, I get it. The D.A. wants to use his tax returns to go fishing. My legal degree from "Law and Order University" says that's not appropriate.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

You seem to have a my mother/the church relationship with Trump. I can criticize my mother (or my church) but if you attempt to do so, I’ll knock your block off. You can criticize Trump, but if anyone else does, you’ll defend him with your life.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

6. Morgotha

Ha ha ha! You may be right.

7. Sharpie61

You’ve omitted from your post that they also get money from shows that they produce for Netflix. And any money they charge for talks with organizations. Plus his pension.

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-us-presidents-make-money-after-leaving-office-2020-9?amp

The truth is out there

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Sharpie61

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-tax-returns-explainer-donald-trump-organization-2021-2?amp

This is why he’s under investigation. Along with having 2 sets of books. One for bank loans, and one for tax filings. (Cohen has been very forthcoming with info).
    “He has been involved in a yearslong battle with the IRS over a $73 million refund, which he may owe back to the federal government.”
    “He appeared to have worked with his daughter Ivanka Trump to make up fake consulting fees as tax write-offs.”
    “He apparently mischaracterized his 200-acre family retreat in upstate New York in tax filings to write off millions of dollars more.”

The truth is out there

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

You’re still trying to compare Obama’s post presidency ventures to trump directly paying HIS businesses with taxpayer funds at a maximum WHILE he was President. You’re also trying any business venture HAS to be the result of a favor provided WHILE he was President.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. purriwinkle

Right. He and Michelle are making good money post presidency NOT because they illegally offered favors to all those people while they occupied the WH who now want them to speak at various functions or those buying their books.
    People genuinely like and respect them.

No need to fleece the American taxpayer by using their properties for everything they could and at every opportunity while in office.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. Sharpie61

I was not comparing. I was trying to point out that Obama made his millions, after being president, legally. Unlike Donald, who was under suspicion of doing things illegal even before being president.

The truth is out there

12. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Obama earned the presidency. Trump is a grifter who scammed 63 million people into electing him president. There’s a big difference.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

Sorry. I thought you were agreeing with Mo. My eyes was tired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Morgotha

Let's not talk about Obama for a minute, but imagine a hypothetical corrupt president who collects on his bad deeds after he gets out of office. Do you think Exxon (for example) is just going to cut him a check for 20 million, or do you think they'd filter it through some legitimate-looking intermediary?

15. Morgotha

Those sound like things the IRS would go after if they were so inclined. If they AREN'T, why is the NY AG doing so?

16. Morgotha

Your Broca's area still needs a nap ;).

17. Sharpie61

Probably because the IRS are not the police or prosecutors.

The truth is out there

18. purriwinkle

They actually are so inclined. Remember that was Trump’s excuse for not releasing his taxes because he was being audited.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/09/27/us/donald-trump-taxes.html

Also hanging over him is a decade-long audit battle with the Internal Revenue Service over the legitimacy of a $72.9 million tax refund that he claimed, and received, after declaring huge losses. An adverse ruling could cost him more than $100 million.

19. Morgotha

I bet if you don't pay your taxes for a few years you'll have a different perspective on this.

20. Morgotha

And if they prove he's owes, he WILL pay or go to prison for not doing so.