Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Time for Trump to go

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

The IRS still wouldn’t arrest you, nor prosecute you.
    They would turn it over to someone who would.

The truth is out there

2. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

And then Trump could write his own Mein Kampf. Because heroes.

3. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Fine. Did they ask NY's AG to go after Trump? No? Then NY's AG shouldn't be using Trump's taxes against him.

4. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

The point being that Trump’s relationship with the IRS isn’t exactly hunky dory. Quite the opposite.

5. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

Lol. Its a quote from a coworker who passed. He was a bright spot in a dark world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  6. DeadZedHead

Hes not looking to see if he owes taxes. He looking to see if he committed fraud on bank loans. The tax filings are to determine if he was giving multiple valuations on the same properties. Including those in New York. He doesn’t need the IRS’ permission to look for fraud. The filings can just prove his case.

7. Morgotha

Trump didn't just start committing fraud last week, it's been his modus operandi througout his life. Was the AG looking in to these cases BEFORE Trump started running for president and it's just taken until now to progress? If so, then I'd agree it's all a legitimate process.

OTOH, if none of this started until AFTER Trump started running for president, then to me it smells more like a political prosecution than a legal one, and that's wrong no matter how you slice it.

8. Sharpie61

9. DeadZedHead

You seem to still follow the argument that trump committed crimes his whole life therefore shouldn’t be held accountable now. If AG’s constituents demand a known criminal (trump admitted it) be investigated and he thinks an avenue may be available, of course he can pursue it. Kind of like everyone in Hollywood knew about Weinstein and Lois CK and Matt Lauer. Getting away with crimes for decades doesn’t mean they should be allowed to continue. The AG investigating criminals is not only legitimate but kind of his entire job. Many celebrities evade prosecution by virtue of being a celebrity. Many politicians avoid prosecution by virtue of having powerful friends. But politicians ALSO make enemies. trump loved to wield his power against his enemies so one wielded it back. The man who tried to weaponize almost every function of the government against those who defied him had one who answered back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Morgotha

Reading through those most of them seem... unrelated to what a current AG would be looking for in rooting through Trump's taxes. A discrimination complaint from 1973? 50 years ago? Selling two apartments to someone who MAY have been in the mob? Corruption in building a building in NYC? C'mon! How many major construction projects in NYC do NOT have corruption in the building trades?

Trump is a businessman who doesn't like to pay people what he owes them, that's been going on forever. This prosecution NOW, though? Do you, *personally* really believe this has nothing to do with politics?

#32610 Morgotha, Mar 1, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
  11. Morgotha

Yeah, yeah. The full force of the government was weaponized against him before he even took office. Why shouldn't he use that same weapon back against the people who were attacking him? Self-defense is still a right in this country.

12. Sharpie61

The way I see it, politics or not, if they suspected criminal activity, they have every right to investigate.
    And asking to see his tax returns has nothing to do with the IRS. They just turned them over.

The truth is out there

13. Morgotha

Yeah, they have both the right and obligation to investigate and prosecute crime. That's their job. OTOH, if they ONLY prosecute crimes on people they don't like, how long will it take before the average person loses faith in our "justice" system and quits participating? I mean, if one gets to the point of putting quotation marks around the word "justice"? That's not a good sign.

14. Sharpie61

If Trumpers want to make it political, then fine, they can.
    But I bet they would be screaming if someone else were doing the crime.

The truth is out there

• Like Like x 1
  15. DeadZedHead

Then the same would apply to him. He spent 4 years attacking New York and California. According to your logic, we can use whatever is at our disposal for political purposes, legitimate or illegitimate. Self defense right? Many in government didn’t want an admitted fraud as President. How atrocious of them. You seem to forget that there was a concerted effort by many government officials to prevent Biden from becoming President for strictly political purposes. trump wasn’t the first politician to be subject of mud slinging and dirt digging. In fact he actively participated in both of those in TWO elections. Along the the entire 4 years between. He even TRIED to get at least one foreign government to fabricate dirt on a rival. You keep claiming he is allowed to retaliate but no one is allowed to retaliate against him. If he DEMANDED to be involved in politics, then he is INVOLVED in politics. He CONTINUES to be involved in politics so he will continue to be subject to politics.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Morgotha

What do you mean "an admitted fraud as President"? He was duly elected President of the United States! There was nothing fraudulent about it.

On the part of not allowing people to retaliate against him, I guess I naturally favor David when he's going up against Goliath. Before he was even in office the establishment started doing everything they could to NOT let him have an effective presidency. He kept fighting for what he wanted for the country, and even if he's personally a prevaricating windbag, I respect his tenacity and willpower.

17. purriwinkle

It seems to me that Trump’s presidency was but a pause in the many ongoing investigations of his long time shady business dealings.
    Now that the presidency no longer shields him, the investigations continue as they should.

• Like Like x 1
  18. purriwinkle

Pretty much like what’s happening with Biden now? Besides, Trump managed to do pretty much everything he wanted, dismantling everything his predecessor achieved. His destructive policies were very effective but hopefully equally reversible.

19. DeadZedHead

Not his a Presidency. He admitted to lying about his businesses over the years. He thought no one would call him on it. For decades they didn’t.

20. Morgotha

They aren't at all the same! And the only thing Biden is doing is trying to reverse Trump's achievements.