Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Who's Still Around?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by rabscuttle1, Feb 27, 2021.

1. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

Forum old timers?

2. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

There are a few people still around.

3. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

It's like Cormac McCarthy's "The Road" around here.

4. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

HERE!!!

5. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

My other question would be, "who do you miss NOT being here?" Off the top of my head it would be West Wing Nut, as although we were usually on different sides of things, I always liked hearing his political perspective.

6. PepperAnn

I miss him too, even though I gave him a really hard time. LOL

• Like Like x 1
  7. PepperAnn

Speaking of missing people..............I just texted @zombiemom62 this morning, asked if she remembered the name of the dude that used to do that Walker Battle thread....he had a creepy clown avatar.....I cannot remember his name. @tink you were very active in that thread. Do you remember his name?

8. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I don't remember. Is he banned?

9. PepperAnn

Damn.....no not banned. It's driving me nuts. Remember that battle game he hosted? This TWD character against some random other actor and we would all vote on who would win?

10. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

That game was fun .

The truth is out there

11. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I miss chatting with frawniemae and Lindigo.

12. PepperAnn

Yeah I tried calling Lindigo a couple times. No answer.

13. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

That’s too bad. I hope she’s ok.

14. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I remember him and I remember the tournament thread. I helped him with it sometimes. His name was Strings and the thread was called Walker Kombat.

Sadly, the tournament was never finished because he had something like 600 characters in it, it took forever and interest waned.

I want to hazard a guess and say we got all the way to the final 8 characters. Rick, Michonne, Daryl, Walter White from Breaking Bad, The Mountain from GoT and 3 others I don't remember. Maybe Gus Fring from BB as well? I don't remember.

The tourney got a little convoluted toward the end when he started bringing characters back in as zombies, handicap matches and then he introduced people from the site into it. I think Tink was a combatant at one point. LMAO!

#14 Jama, Mar 3, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Yeah it is crazy to see how much this forum has died off in recent years. I just took a look back at the season 5 section (when the shows popularity was at its height) and there were a 152 threads made for the finale episode of that season. For this latest episode on Sunday there were a total of four threads made for it and one of them was a sticky thread. And most of the posts are generally made by the same three or four people.

I realize many people have quit going to message boards these days in favor of twitter but man that doesn't solely account for that kind of a drop in population. I really think it was a big mistake on AMC's end to just say that this show was going to last as long as they could possibly make it last without laying out anykind of game plan to wrap it up. TV viewers will put up with not knowing where things are going for a little while but eventually they are going to get frustrated to the point they will tune out if they feel like the show is just treading water.

16. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Yeah, planning it out better might've even kept Andrew Lincoln onboard, if he knew the series was going to end. He said in an interview that ,after he saw the Whisperer arc on TV, he wished he would've stayed around for it.

I think the decline had these crucial points:
    • Glenn's dumpster dive
    • Killing both Abe and Glenn together turned a lot of fans off
    • Too much Negan
    • Too many bottle episodes
    • Killing Carl
    The writing declined too which included characters doing things not in their nature to meet plot points.

17. PepperAnn

THANK YOU!!!!! I have been thinking I had his name on the tip of my tongue for the last few days and you just proved me WRONG. Lol

(BTW I never liked that game lol)

• Like Like x 1
  18. lastcat3

Yeah and then news of the actors choosing to leave just put the nail in the coffin for a lot of folks as a lot of people watch shows just as much for the characters as they do for the plot. Even though the show has improved quite a bit since seasons 7 and 8 it is just too late. People have moved on from the show at this point (TWD isn't like Star Wars or a Superhero show where people will put up with anything because they have been a fan since they were 5 years old).

As far as Negan goes he definitely was one of the main things that drove people away from the show but I really do think he could have been a really cool villain if they just wrote him differently. They made a big mistake in thinking that comic Negan would transfer over well to live action. Negan was popular in the comic because people still had the ability to use their imagination where as when they saw that portrayed in live action and they didn't have the ability to use their imagination he was just a goof ball swinging his bat around and it was extremely difficult to take him as seriously as the show wanted the audience to take him. They should have made the live action Negan far more serious. I wonder if JDM ever thought that would work........or maybe he was just having fun acting like a goofball.

That is one reason why I am pretty interested in the upcoming Last of Us series in seeing how it handles its source material. Will they follow all the same beats that TWD did with its source material or just use the source material as a rough outline but largely just do their own thing. Whatever they do the Last of Us story is quite a bit more grounded than the TWD comic was so the source material should transfer over better to live action then the TWD comic material did.

• Like Like x 1
  19. PepperAnn

Oh wow, he actually logged in recently....(relatively recently...LOL)

STRINGS was last seen:

Feb 25, 2019

• Like Like x 1
  20. lastcat3

I just quickly went back and looked at the threads started for each season finale since season 4 and it really does paint a picture of what drove people away (though many of us already know it anyway).

416 had 251 threads started
    516 had 152 threads started
    616 had 227 threads started (uptick here was probably largely due to the Negan and line up reveal)
    716 had 73 threads started
    816 had 33 threads started
    916 had 24 threads started
    1016 had 7 threads started