Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by surviving, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

We have our 1st casualty to covid at our building.
    Miss J was very well liked by everyone.

The truth is out there

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  2. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

There was a holiday spike. We are in a lull. There might be a spring spike before summer too. Then hopefully a big drop giving the vaccinations time to out pace new cases. Hopefully by fall we might be ahead of the spread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. DeadZedHead

Ya 10,000,000 is the same number both ways

4. DeadZedHead

Sorry to hear that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. surviving

surviving Well-Known Member

6. DeadZedHead

I agree. They aren’t jumping on him but they also aren’t calling his accusers liars and demanded they be prosecuted like Kavanaugh’s accusers. They are also open to an investigation as opposed to Republicans who wanted to shut down his.

7. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

What I noticed was the change in narrative. Psaki said, "“The president’s view has been consistent and clear,” Psaki said when asked about Cuomo. “Every woman coming forward should be treated with dignity and respect.”"

The thing is, saying women coming forward with accusations against men "should be treated with dignity and respect" is a *LOT* different than saying "every woman should be ***BELIEVED***"! Sorry to be the one to tell you this ladies, but that was the Administration's way of telling you "now that we're in charge - you're on your own".

8. DeadZedHead

Democrats were never saying every woman should be believed. They were saying every accusation should be looked into. Republicans historically and immediately say any accusations against REPUBLICANS are politically motivated lies that don’t warrant investigation. They dig into accusers background to find any Democratic connection as if Republicans couldn’t possibly assault or harass Democrats. Did anybody look into Cuomo’s accusers political affiliation? I haven’t heard anything. If they turn out to be Republican, should all accusations be dismissed as outright lies? There appears to be some hypocrisy on both sides of this issue but Democrats have been waayy more supportive regardless of who was being accused.

9. Morgotha

Sure they were. Hillary was, and so was Maize Hirono, to name two off the top of my head. I bet I could find a bunch if I tried.

Two of Cuomo's accusers were his former staffers. Do you REALLY think they were Republicans?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Morgotha

I didn't know Simon Cowell was a smoker, but apparently he is. He's also looking sharp pulling down his anti-covid mask to get in a nice deep drag of that lung-filling, warm, relaxing smoke. Bad boy!

[​IMG]

You'd think he'd have learned better from the last pandemic:

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

No, but they know how to seize on an opportunity when they see one, IMO. Where were they before they smelled blood in the water over the nursing home statistics brouhaha? Just saying.

12. DeadZedHead

Did they share a cup of cofeve with a Republican 5 years before joining his staff? That would be enough to make them suspect in Republican eyes.

You know i dont need any nudging on Hilary’s motivations but I dont know what you mean about Hirono. She supported an investigation into Cuomo. What am i missing?

13. DeadZedHead

A lot of women are afraid to accuse powerful men out of fear of retaliation. Sometimes seeing them at a vulnerable moment can give them confidence that they will be heard. Or they cant stomach them receiving a prestigious position or award. It can feel like a slap in the face. Other times they are forced to break the bad news about someone they otherwise respect or care for. Timing cant be used to discount the accusation. Victims come forward for different reasons. Then when one comes out, usually more will follow. Ive been there with friends, family, and S.O. before, during and after the outings. Its never black and white and always with a lot of thought that accusations are brought.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

First off, I support an independent investigation. It would seem he wasn’t the best boss to work under but do the level of accusations rise to calling for his resignation? He asked me uncomfortable questions. He touched my bare back at a wedding. He kissed me (ok, I don’t like that at all) but nothing along the lines of “grabbing” sexual parts, exposing his junk, out right rape or any other truly nightmare occurrences that have happened in toxic work places.

A heartfelt apology is necessary, not a I was just goofing around and didn’t realize the hurt my comments caused even if it was true. Maybe some new rules in place, some retraining.

I want to see what the investigation shows but it’s entirely possible he may have to resign in the end. Hmmm....there’s a number of qualified women that would be great in the job.

*Oh, apparently Lt. Gov. Kathy Hochul would take over if Cuomo leaves office.

*One more thing. I really think no one should have to feel uncomfortable at their work place and I know young women don’t often have the courage to stand up and say, “I’d rather you didn’t do that” or “I’d rather we didn’t discuss that” or anything else that would curtail the activity. Polite but firm. What I don’t understand is why we are still discussing things like this after all the examples of men who have been exposed for bad or down right criminal behavior. What are some of these men thinking? Is there nothing to be learned from the men who have fallen before them? Jesus, how stupid can they be? If you’re the boss, forget about hitting on women who work for you. If you’re trying to find “romance” someone you know outside of work will know someone who is perfect for you, lol.

OTOH I wish people today weren’t so offended by every little thing. If my boss or fellow co-worker touches my arm or we hug everyone after the office has gone out for a x-mas dinner, etc. do I need to cry foul? Some of the funniest dirty jokes I’ve ever heard were at work and one came from the boss himself but that was 30 yrs ago I’ll admit. Times have changed and so we must adjust.

#3334 purriwinkle, Mar 2, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
  15. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

16. DeadZedHead

Ya thats kind of the gist I was getting at before. Democrats seem to hold each other to higher standard than Republicans in these situations. These can destroy a Democrat but Republicans can actually gain popularity during these scandals as if they were the victims. As long as blood leaves one head to go to the other, we are going to have these conversations.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Morgotha

I agree with DZH that they were probably afraid no one would believe them and nothing would be done anyway if they came forward on their own, so why bother? Not to mention they'd never get a job again in the Dem party, and that's what they've spent their careers working towards. There's a pretty big disincentive for them to come forward at all, even now.

18. Morgotha

I'd be happy to give Cuomo some retraining after he's kicked out of office, maybe he can learn coding - that's what they tell the oil workers who lose their jobs.

These guys keep doing what they do because they have egos the size of the moon. They don't think they'll be caught, and think it's their "right" to do in the first place.

I also don't think just "joking around" is always such a minor thing. If your boss leers at you and says, "you look really sexy today, why don't you take your skirt off and sit on my lap? Ha ha, just joking." Would you feel comfortable going to his office alone? Maybe it's not illegal, as there's nothing that says a boss has to be a good boss, but it's not right, either. I don't think you can "retrain" that out of someone - although I suppose you can make them hide it better.

19. Morgotha

Hirono was out there at Kavanaugh's hearing saying "all women should be believed". My point was that Democrats WERE saying that previously. I'm not accusing her of being a hypocrite though if she's asking for an investigation in to Cuogitmo as well she's acting the same regardless of party - that's all I could ask for.

20. Morgotha

A higher standard???:eek::eek:o_Oo_O:rolleyes::rolleyes:

You do know this Dem governor is still in office, right? I would think that if the Dems gave a damn about policing their own he'd be the first to go.

[​IMG]