Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

I Care A Lot

Discussion in 'Movies' started by purriwinkle, Mar 4, 2021.

1. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

MM and I watched this movie on Netflix the other night. Wow. I thought the actors were wonderful. Rosamund Pike was especially chilling in her role as the professional guardian. Dianne Wiest was feisty as the “victim” and it was good to see Peter Dinklage again. The whole premise of the movie horrified me. I actually turned to my husband to ask him if this sort of thing happened in RL. Without revealing the plot, I was so on board for the lead characters demise that a momentary plot twist made me remark that I didn’t like how this movie was ending until we got to the actual ending! No tears shed there. If you have older parents or you’re getting up there in years yourself, it’s an eye opener although I’m sure, I hope, this is only a fiction situation, but who knows?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

You've piqued my interest. I've been suffering through the third season of Ozark. I liked the first one, even though some things were pushing the bounds of reason. Then in the middle of Season 2 it became ridiculous.

So a quality movie right now would be a good thing. Will check it out soon.

3. Stealth

Finally watched this film. It was extremely disturbing, and it does happen. There was a case in Las Vegas a few years ago where a woman was convicted of doing something similar. There are great flaws in the system that allows predators to do this sort of thing. You have to be a sociopath to exploit these flaws.

The one problem I had with the film was how she survived after Dinklage told them to kill her. The Russian mafia is not going to screw up a death like that. It was unbelievable that she was able to escape.

It was also a stretch that once she found out who Dianne Wiest's son really was that she continued on with the charade. Just the woman's confidence alone about how he's gong to come and get her should've been enough for her to cut her losses.

Good, very chilling performances though.

• Like Like x 1
  4. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Oh, I agree that she should have died in the car but it was kinda sweet that the nobody she walked all over at the beginning of the movie was the relative that got revenge. With her extreme egotism she was willing to take on the Russian mafia but apparently never saw that one coming. In my book she was as scary as any serial killer ever was!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Stealth

True, it was perfect that she was killed by the family of one of her victims. I liked how they brought all of that back around. One of my favorite scenes was when Dianne Wiest's character tried to strangle her. You know you're dealing with a uniquely evil person when the Russian mafia group are the ones you're rooting for in the story.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. avensis

avensis New Member

Hi, I haven't seen this movie yet, thank you for your opinion.

#6 avensis, May 22, 2021
    Last edited: May 20, 2022