Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by surviving, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Not to practice medicine over the internet without having seen the patient, have a license, etc., BUT...

Remember that the people who were the most frail and elderly got the first shots, and they did just *fine*, whereas getting Covid itself in a patient with co-morbidities might be a mortal event. Personally, I think you're doing the right thing getting him his shot, and in fact would be nutty NOT to if given the chance.

LOL, and an aside, remember if Nurse Fumbles is on duty and pokes a hole through his arm that's not my fault.:p

2. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Thanks for the encouragement. I’m hopeful things will go smoothly. MM isn’t too worried, that would be me, lol. He has a medical background and I’m sure he conferred with his drs. Dad doesn’t voice any concerns either. I don’t know why I’m a little antsy but I really appreciate that it’s finally happening. Had I not retired, I would have already been vaccinated.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

My daughter just got that one the other day because she’s a health care worker, and can possibly be exposed to the virus. She and her sister both work for the pulmonologist.
    She hasn’t had any side affects so far.
    Her sister is waiting for us to have access to the Johnson & Johnson one.

The truth is out there

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. surviving

surviving Well-Known Member

First he apologized then the next day he recanted and denied that it was him. This is my Governor.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

In women the covid vaccine can cause a lump under your arm, from the lymph nodes under your arm swelling which brings up fears of breast cancer. If you notice a lump, tell your doctor you've just had the vaccine. Note, that doesn't mean *ignore* a new lump you find, have it evaluated by your doctor, but don't freak out right away.

"
    Editor's note: Find the latest COVID-19 news and guidance in Medscape's Coronavirus Resource Center.

Axillary adenopathy, or swelling under the armpit, has been reported by women after receiving the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines, but it is also a common symptom for breast cancer.

Hence, clinicians should consider recent COVID-19 vaccination history in the differential diagnosis of patients who present with unilateral axillary adenopathy, according to a new article.

"We noticed an increasing number of patients with swollen lymph nodes on just one side/one underarm who presented for routine screening mammography or ultrasound, and some women who actually felt these swollen nodes," said author Katerina Dodelzon, MD, assistant professor of clinical radiology, Weill Cornell Medicine, New York City.

"Historically, swollen lymph nodes on just one side are relatively rare and are an uncommon occurrence on screening mammography ― seen only 0.02% to 0.04% of the time ― and is a sign that alerts a radiologist to exclude the presence of breast malignancy on that side," she added.

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticl...MSCPEDIT_onc&uac=360359BK&impID=3225777&faf=1

#3365 Morgotha, Mar 5, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
  6. surviving

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

Im not justifying anything he did. I just think it’s hilarious that Republicans are jumping on him for checking the wrong box on senior deaths when they repeatedly fought the lockdowns saying its ok if old people die. They even suggested that old people were proud to die to “protect our future”. He didn’t do anything to contribute to deaths. He just reported residents who died at hospitals as hospital deaths. He didn’t underreport deaths. Just where they died.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

What I find hilarious is how many times you've made similar statements like this one.... Someone on this left does something bad, so you start drumming up a series of flimsy excuses for what "really happened" and that it wasn't THAT BAD.... and then you claim you're not trying to defend that person's wrongdoing. Please! Give it a rest.

In this case, you've claimed that you're not justifying anything he did, but once again you're regurgitating an awful lot of token Democrat taking points about this. You're also grossly misrepresenting various facts about what he did do.

He did in fact under report deaths AND he tried to cover that up. If he didn't under report deaths, then why would he have tried to cover that up? Think about it, man... :rolleyes:

Additionally, you're trying to deflect and distract from his malfeasances by pointing fingers at what Republicans are doing wrong or expose their hypocrisy.... Please explain how that atones Governor Handsy McGrabby-Pants from his responsibility for all of this? What does any of that have to do with the substance of his scandal? The correct answers to both of those are "It doesn't", and "nothing".

The fact that you're even remotely try to defend him (while pretending that you're not really doing that, lol) is absolutely astonishing to me.

You know what I did in the aftermath of January 6th? I kept my big mouth shut because even I was astute enough to recognize that there was no way I could logically try to spin or justify what happened. Or defend it, or try to point fingers at irrelevant non sequiturs... You might want to consider taking some notes and doing the same regarding this matter. ;)

9. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

You know.... I remember around this time last year when a lot of other people throughout social media and elsewhere where droning on about him and saying stupid things like "This is what leadership looks like!" and spewing out other cliched phrases of hero worship.

Alternatively, you and I were firing out the warning shots about this guy. We already knew he was corrupt. We already knew he was kind of skeevy and scummy. We already knew that he was as phony as a three dollar bill. Gawd, I hate the fact that we were right! :D hahaha!

Well.... at least the rest of the world was finally able to figure out what you and I were already aware of. Better late than never.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. DeadZedHead

Heeeeyyy!!! There you are!!! Ive been wondering where you were. How am I going to know how big an idiot i am with out you reminding me? I really wasn’t defending him. He F’d up and in ok with him being called on it. Ive been looking. I honestly haven’t seen anything about underreported totals. If you’ve seen reports that show overall death totals were incorrect, by al means fact check me. But even the stuff i read on fox just say location of death being changed is misleading. He knew that was a PR nightmare and tried to shift the numbers to a slightly more palatable column. Shady? Ya? Criminal? We’ll see. But nefarious? i don’t know. I don’t think so. I give *Gov Gropey* no slack on his sexual harassment issues. His fellow Democrats are calling him out and I think thats great. My attack on Republicans that LITERALLY said it was ok if old people die, the economy is worth it, was not a defense of him in any way, shape or form because i don’t think guilt is limited to one person at a time. They can all be guilty concurrently and independently. You should have never felt like you had to keep your big mouth shut after the person you supported, defended, (worshipped almost) instigated the worst attempt to overthrow the government in centuries. You weren’t there (were you? I know they just released the capitol rioters). Your perspective as a Republican who was appalled by that would have offered insight as to how many of his supporters were reacting. I always thought your big mouth was probably your greatest asset.

*Credit to Purri for coming up with that one.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. purriwinkle

12. purriwinkle

[​IMG]

LOL

13. DeadZedHead

So that article contains a link to the actual report. Pages 10,11 refer to the nursing home report discrepancies. It doesn’t give any complete data but a sampling of 62 homes. What they discovered was that nursing homes were reporting different totals to DOH and Directly to the OAG. Thats what started the investigation. They are trying to determine why NURSING HOMES were sending two sets of data. Some of the homes in the report were already CITED by DOH and in danger of being shut down. The DOH totals didn’t match data sent directly to OAG but did closely, not perfectly, match data sent by nursing homes to DOH. They found that it was the same homes with high death rates that were under reporting. These were also the the homes that had the worst performance ratings. There appeared to be low incidence of inaccuracies in general but large discrepancies in totals from those few homes. Like 3 percent of the total was off. But when limited to those high offenders, their total was off by 55 percent. The OAG is trying to determine how DOH didn’t catch this. So yes there seems to be some under reporting and DOH bungled it but this report suggests that its mainly bad nursing homes not DOH giving accurate totals. We might get a different picture once the investigation is done but this preliminary report is just questioning how DOH didn’t correct this.

14. surviving

Basically Politifact find most of Governor Quisling's statements false. Also note that President Biden's DOJ is pursuing an investigation into his handling and reporting of COVID19 deaths.
    This coupled with accusations of improper sexual advances I'll repeat myself. Me thinks his political career is in a death spiral. He is most definitely the Democratic Party's Donald Trump.

15. DeadZedHead

Ya things definitely don’t look good for him. But i think his sexual Harassment issues are whats going to sink him. This nursing home thing seems to be more of a cluster f¥<K in the middle of a cluster f¥<K surrounded by cluster f¥<Ks. Whether his statements are false due to misreporting by nursing homes or intentional underreporting by Doh with Cuomo’s knowledge is the reports question, not its answer.

16. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. purriwinkle

Not really. While there’s going to be a whole lot of sorting out still to come, two big points were:

1. Using the updated, more comprehensive figures, the state’s Covid death rate for nursing homes of roughly 29% is still somewhat better than the national average of 37%, said Chidambaram, who tracks Covid mortality in long-term care facilities. Last month, we published a fact check examining Cuomo’s recent claims about below-average nursing home Covid deaths and found them to be Mostly True.

2.The governor said he was simply following Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidance, a claim we investigated and found to be Mostly False. But was the administration’s policy responsible for sowing the seeds of infection that killed thousands of nursing home residents, as a top Trump administration official claimed? We examined that claim and found it, too, was Mostly False.

He’s no where near the Democrat’s Trump by a long shot.

18. purriwinkle

I agree that it’s the women that may ultimately prove to be the bigger problem. If somewhat similar claims could bring down Al Franken this could be his albatross. Al regrets he resigned and so far Andy seems to have dug his heels in for a fight. This’ll prove interesting.

19. surviving

Hmmm The New York legislature is talking of impeachment and his administration is the subject of a DOJ investigation for misleading the public.
    That doesn't sound like Trump?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. DeadZedHead

I guess if he started calling them lying Republican plants, made them sign an NDA and them immediately violated the gag order while simultaneously threatening to sue them if they violate it, then that would sound pretty trumpian.

• Winner Winner x 1