Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Maggie & Negan

Discussion in 'Episode 1017 - Home Sweet Home' started by Terminator, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

So, some people wondering when Maggie will kill Negan. I don't see it happening. I think Negan really regrets killing Glen. I can actually see them hooking up late in the season. Negan may die by protecting Maggie or Herschel from the Reapers. Just some random thoughts.

• Like Like x 1
  2. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

I agree, he must be full of regret now. Not necessarily for the act per se, killing one (well actually two) to punish the rest, terrorising them into submission. That was easier done before he actually knew these people. It’s harder now to process. Watching Maggie and the cute little boy he personally turned into an orphan... that’s more difficult to deal with now. Especially as he must realise now that his way of gaining control only worked until it didn’t, because it was built on
    nothing but negatives: fear, terror, exploitation, violence, intimidation, bribery, blackmail... He can see now that you can build things differently, even in an apocalyptic world.

I don’t think Maggie would want to kill Negan now, not any more. But I don’t see how they can live together either. It’s going to be some fascinating journey with these two characters, and the people in between the two.

Saving Hershel from harm still might not be enough to bring Maggie round.

She seems to have resolved for now to block him out of her mind as much as possible. Easier said than done when you live in the same small community. I wonder where Negan will sleep now, btw? Things that keep you up at night!

• Like Like x 2
  3. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I’m sure on some level Maggie realizes that war makes strange bed fellows. Negan, once the enemy and now apparently a useful member of the community is the reality she must deal with, whether or not she likes it. Not saying it will be easy and the journey may take awhile but if he’s behaving himself why would she want to bring conflict into the community by digging up all that old shit?

I think for her own mental health, if she plans to stay in Alexandria, she’ll probably want to talk with others, observe his manner now and listen to him if he attempts to make amends. Only she knows if she can let go of the hatred and forgive him if she deems him reformed. Hell, I can barely do it as an outside viewer, lol.

Forgiving is one matter but trusting him as she does her “family” is quite another. I don’t know who these new “Reapers” are but there may come an opportunity, as our community comes up against them, for Negan to earn Maggie’s trust and goodwill.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

The only way Maggie can ever forgive Negan is if he someone saved Hershel from a certain death.

May be she then forgive her and they get some Neggie ship going:D?

5. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Lol, Magan

6. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

There's going to be some sort of showdown between the two. I don't see Negan dying, but I don't see them reconciling.

I think Maggie will end up being with a group that goes to the Commonwealth next season. At this point I'd say that's Daryl/Carol/Maggie. Negan/Judith/Gabriel/Aaron will stay in Alexandria.

If they do bring Rick back at the end it'd be pretty funny if he returns to Alexandria with Michonne to find Negan running the place.

7. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

Good gracious! That little scenario has just given me a minor heart attack!