Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by surviving, Jan 28, 2020.

1. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

Ya it isnt one or two things. The floodgates seem to have opened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Nice!

I have an appointment for my first vaccination this afternoon. Depending on what vaccine I get, maybe my first and last? We'll see.

• Like Like x 1
  3. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Good luck! Let us know how you made out.

4. surviving

surviving Well-Known Member

With such an open ended investigation and the number of scandals I do not see how he will avoid impeachment.

5. surviving

• Like Like x 1
  6. purriwinkle

#3406 purriwinkle, Mar 19, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
  7. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I got the Pfizer, so will have to go back for a second shot - no big deal, I'm happy to have anything!

I don't have really any side effects at all, not even a sore arm, which is common.

8. purriwinkle

That’s good to hear. I’ve not heard of anyone who got the Pfizer vaccine that had any side effects with their first dose. I have heard some stories from people I know about the second shot but I would rather take my chances with some short term possible side effects rather than have to deal with the risk of getting Corona.

I don’t know anyone yet who had the J&J one dose. I hope it’s a choice my daughter can opt for when she becomes eligible for her vaccination. She would go back for a second dose but she really hates inoculations so it would make it easier for her to comply.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. tink

tink Well-Known Member

My sister got her first dose of the Moderna last Saturday, also no side effects. She wanted the J&J, but apparently that's a little harder to come by. I think they only had a very limited supply at the launch, but hopefully will speed things up now that they have approval.

Apparently people get a little sick from the second dose for the 2-shot vaccines, but since I never even got a sore arm from the first I'm hoping I'll skate on that too.

They were very clear that if you were not able to come back on the exact day for the second shot, you should reschedule the first one. Several people asked about how to reschedule the second, but they were not in the least interested in talking about that. I'm sure some people would just put it off indefinitely if given the chance, so they put the kibosh on that right away.

10. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Trumps Mar a Lago has been closed due to covid.

The truth is out there

11. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Couldn’t happen to a nicer grifter and virus-denier.

12. surviving

Gov. Cuomo Family and Friends Reportedly Got Preferential Covid Testing Back When Tests Were Impossible to Come By

https://slate.com/news-and-politics...eferential-vip-covid-19-testing-new-york.html

It becomes more and more difficult to deny Quisling is the Democrats Trump. Wasn't one of the talking points that Trumps family got preferential treatment during his presidency?

Maybe that's just the way politicians are from New York

#3412 surviving, Mar 25, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
  13. purriwinkle

Not only Trumps family but his friends in government as well.
    but that might be the status quo for all those in “power”.

I will say that they both attract a lot of attention and there doesn’t seem to be much middle ground. You either love ‘em or hate ‘em, lol. They’re both NYC large no matter if they reside in Albany or DC./Florida.

#3413 purriwinkle, Mar 25, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Governor DeSantis allowed his rich donors to receive the vaccine, before our healthcare providers, elderly, and school teachers.

Those in charge will put certain others well being before everyone else.

The truth is out there

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

The former head of the CDC has just come out saying he thinks the most likely scenario for Covid is that it came from the lab in Wuhan and not some animal source. Big news.

"(Bloomberg) -- A former top U.S. health official says he thinks the coronavirus originated in a lab in Wuhan, China, and began spreading as early as September of 2019.

Robert Redfield, who led the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention during the first year of the Covid-19 pandemic, told CNN in a clip aired Friday that he thinks that scenario is more likely than any alternative, including that the virus erupted after transferring from animals to humans or in a live-animal market.

The most likely origin “was from a laboratory -- you know, escaped,” said Redfield, who served under the administration of former President Donald Trump. “Other people don’t believe that. That’s fine. Science will eventually figure it out.”
    Redfield said the virus’s strength, in how easily it spreads, suggests it was being developed in a lab. If it had come from animals, it would have likely taken more time to adapt to spreading between humans, he said.

“I do not believe this somehow came from a bat to a human -- and, at that moment in time, the virus came to the human, became one of the most infectious viruses that we know in humanity for human-to-human transmission,” Redfield said. “It takes a while for it to figure out how to become more and more efficient in human-to-human transmission. I just don’t think this makes biological sense.”

He was asked whether he believes the lab was working to specifically make the virus more efficient. “Let’s just say, I have a coronavirus, and I’m working on it -- most of us in the lab are trying to grow virus. We try to make it grow better and better and better and better, so we can do experiments and figure out about it. That’s the way I put it together.”
    "
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/me...us-came-from-wuhan-lab/ar-BB1eZXDk?li=BBnb7Kz

16. surviving

I guess now perhaps the possibility of lab escape will garner more credibility now with his statement. Most media and scientists have railed against the idea. He is the most respected government department head to actually put this idea forward. He more than likely has been privy to information not released to the public.

17. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I think everyone *knows* what happened, just for one reason or another don't want to say so. After all, the two possible theories are:

1. A bat that lives 1000 miles away and hibernates in the winter spread a virus in the winter through an intermediary no one can find to Wuhan, or

2. In a country where there have been documented cases of viruses escaping labs AND documented cases of lab workers selling research animals to wet markets to make some money on the side, the covid virus was either being studied in or was made in the Wuhan lab and some escaped.

If I had to choose between the two theories I'd be hard pressed to push for the former.

#3417 Morgotha, Mar 26, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. purriwinkle

Oh, I forgot to mention this. My friend who got her first COVID vaccine shot when I did and had all those side effects the next day developed COVID arm at the injection site a week later! She’s been looked at and has been told she should be able to get her second dose but it may take a few weeks for the rash to clear up. I guess she’ll be presenting the other arm when we get shot #2.

19. surviving

• Agree Agree x 1