Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Live chat 10-21 Diverged

Discussion in 'Episode 1021 - Diverged' started by Sharpie61, Mar 28, 2021.

1. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

Well, I’m not surprised at the reactions above, my daughter found it boring too. And I totally get why.

I loved it. Almost nothing happens yet a lot is going on. Daryl and Carol both working out how to deal with the aftermath of their conflict that had bubbled to the surface in that argument the night before. Carol talking herself through it. Daryl internalising along the lines “I’ve finally said it, I meant it, it’s out there, we can all move on now, just give me a bit more space and time, and let me see some positive change.”

So I loved the slow pace, the breathing time, just to watch these two characters on their own, coping with small scale everyday apocalypse problems and applying their wealth of survival skills. I enjoyed their interactions at the beginning and end of the episode. Of course they will be alright.

Much as I'd happily watch Daryl just walking and riding through the woods for hours :rolleyes:Carol stole the episode for me. I just enjoyed watching her doing her thing, trying to rebuild her place in the community, reflected in her interactions with Jerry. She and Dog together were pure gold. Seriously, Dog is now his own very complex character!!

You gotta give it to the production team, they're having fun with these episodes and trying something very different in each. I know they’re still not to everyone’s liking.
    I'm enjoying the diversity and unpredictability of these episodes.

This one was a gentle, lighthearted instalment, it made me smile all throughout, I loved every minute.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

The Deus Ex Machina.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Stealth

I hope the one on Negan is good next week. I really enjoyed the Gabriel/Aaron one, and the premiere was okay. The rest of them should've been burned in the writer's room.

4. walkon

walkon Active Member

I liked this episode. Carol and Darryl have the deep kind of friendship that can weather life's storms. It`s 'I may not always agree with you or approve of everything you do, but I'll aways love you and be there for you when the chips are down' kind of thing.

I love to watch Melissa play Carol. What an actress! She makes me feel Carol strengths and weaknesses. She made me feel Carol's hurt over her best friend's honest feelings and the vulnerability she felt with her 'I can take care of myself attitude' when she refused Daryl's help. It makes me smile how little kids and animals are drawn to her. Melissa makes me feel Carol.

This episode made me feel that two of life's battered people were once again choosing that the only looser is a quitter and it's always too soon to quit.

#44 walkon, Mar 29, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  5. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

An episode about Carol cooking and Daryl being chased by socially distanced zombies. Making these episodes while the world was still trying to figure out how to handle covid was such a terrible idea.

#45 lastcat3, Mar 29, 2021
  6. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

Im having Jamaican rice n peas and a big glass of talisker single malt.

7. BlackBird

Well, I’m happy they’ve made these episodes!

I enjoyed four out of the five (still a bit unsure about ‘Find Me’ and Daryl’s big love story just sprung upon us like that) and thought the Aaron/Gabriel episode was fantastic. And I can’t wait to see the Negan episode.

It’s been like seeing your friends on Zoom:
    not quite the same as meeting in person but it’s the next best thing.

8. Toothpick

Ive really missed carol so good to see her tonight.
    When she For a moment when she got her crock pot out, i thought she might go back to her cookie baking mindset. Crazy grin and all.

Tonights ep was the best of these extras. I really didnt like the daryl love story coming out of the blue like that.wheres connie? They were so cute together. I shamelessly ship conryl

• Like Like x 1
  9. lastcat3

I don't think anybody who is making the show is to blame (I doubt any of the people making the show are very thrilled with creating episodes that are set around Carol making a bowl of stew). I think the blame lies solely on the network. AMC is pretty much living off of Walking Dead shows these days and Walking Dead shows are pretty much the only thing that gets them any type of ratings. Any non Walking Dead shows are lucky to get a million viewers. It is just further indication that AMC is driving this franchise into the ground and that it would be so much better off on a different network.

10. BlackBird

Lol. I think it’s great to have an episode centred around a character trying to make a pot of soup! In fact, it’s brilliant! Especially if that character is Carol, played by such a fabulous actress.

In fact these are historical episodes. They reflect life in Lockdown perfectly; struggling to get supplies, nothing much happens, so you focus on the domestic. :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. lastcat3

Lol, clearly not a whole lot of the more established production companies felt the same. As they all decided to hold off on going back to their shows until they could actually make the type of shows the audience expects again.

12. Toothpick

My lockdown days are only differentiated by whats on the menu. So i can relate to carols dandelion stew.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I liked this episode too. I enjoyed seeing Carol transfer her inner struggles into a mundane task. This episode was reminiscent of the Breaking Bad episode 'Fly' which was also very polarizing with fans. The two main characters [mostly Walter White] spend the entire episode trying to catch a Fly that is loose in their meth lab. Some fans absolutely hated it for lack of action or development, and many felt Walt was written totally out of character. Others were engrossed at watching his internal struggles play out in his own little microcosm. I was one of the fans who enjoyed Fly, and I enjoyed this episode as well.

As an aside, I usually don't watch fan made TWD Youtube channels very often, but I did watch a video months ago where a fan picked up on a pattern that someone major dies very shortly after a bright red lantern is seen on screen. He didn't convince me that this was a real pattern, just the opposite, I'm fairly sure it is NOT, but, just in case, their was a bright red lantern in the background while Carol cuddled with Dog. ;)

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

The powers that be already let us know that Daryl and Carol survive. And I will be extremely pissed off if we see dog go, as I will be sobbing. If he does have to go, it better be off screen.
    I cried hard when we had to see Shiva die.

The truth is out there

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I don't mean either of those two would die. Just some 'major' character, as the Youtuber put it. And I don't think you have much to worry about Dog. Norman Reedus fought for almost 9 years to have a dog on the show. As the star, he has some power now, and Dog was part of his deal going forward. I doubt he's going to let them kill off Dog. Although, I also don't see Dog as tagging along in a road trip with them. Maybe, but seems unlikely to me. I bet he goes somewhere else. Judith loves Dog too. ;).

16. lastcat3

Well considering next week is the last episode of the season and it is a Negan backstory so there won't be any major deaths there. And next season is the final one so they will need to start wrapping up most of the characters stories so chances are good there will be a few major deaths just from the fact that it is the last season.

In all honesty though the TWD YouTubers are terrible. The only one mildly decent is Trevschan. Make a Path spends most of his time these days trying to sell his comic to his subscribers (guess he doesn't want to get a real job). And that movieidol person borders on being clickbait.

#56 lastcat3, Mar 29, 2021
  17. Stealth

Speaking of Zoom I think Talking Dead is much better in this format than in the studio one. There they tend to get sidetracked but here we get more content from the actors and creators. I've enjoyed it much more this year than in recent seasons.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Stealth

The Fly episode came to mind for me too.

I'm pretty much the same when it comes to Youtubers, but I have found a few good ones for Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire. It's primarily because most of their content is based on the books, and not simply a reaction to the show. Since Martin's work is unfinished, it's interesting to hear various theories based on his work.

19. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

A couple of observations.

The soup, when she set the cardboard box trap I thought oh no she is making rat soup...every reference in the show seemed to reinforce that inevitable conclusion but it didn't happen, so kind of disappointed about that.

How did she take off all that sheetrock then sat on the floor and leaned back on the studs? There is not a single nail or screw head left on the studs after she rip the rock off?

I saw in a trailer where Carol was saying "...you and you and you..." I thought this was some sort of a bad ass Carol confrontation with another group so that was a bit of a let down when it turned out she was talking to herself on which walkers she will take out in what order.

Daryl went under the car to salvage a hose brought back memory of Glenn under the dumpster.

May be it's just me, but this episode's walkers all look like they are wearing a face mask. Look at their eyes, I think it looks less real.

20. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

We have a little bit of mickey and snoopy.
    We then have Carol fixed a soup while Daryl fixed a bike.
    Daryl gave his swiss army knife to Carol and he found himself another one.

Frankly, I would like to see a bottle episode of Connie and Virgil.

• Funny Funny x 1