Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

2020 election AKA The Biden Thread

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Feb 3, 2019.

1. tink

tink Well-Known Member

My rule for animal/insect life is that you are all safe from me if you stay outside, but unless you're chipping in on the mortgage or specifically invited, if you come in the house you're getting your ass handed to you.

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I had no idea what a swamp cooler was either. Glad I wasn’t the only one but I learned something!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Biden told the truth at one point during his speech Wednesday, and it was an important truth. It's a very important point, as even *without* changing our habits our emissions are projected to continue declining over the next decades, while China's and Russia's, etc. will keep climbing. Why then are we destroying our economy for this again? So some left wing pearl clutchers can feel good about themselves?

"
    President Joe Biden, contrary to expectations, said something consequential in his first address to members of Congress…by mistake.

It was a whopper that went unnoticed on Wednesday night; with just a few ill-chosen words Biden utterly toppled any justification for the Green New Deal, which plays a central role in his $2.3 trillion American Jobs Plan and which, without a doubt, puts our economy at risk.

This is what he said, according to a New York Times transcript of the president’s remarks: "The United States accounts, as all of you know, for less than 15 percent of carbon emissions. The rest of the world accounts for 85 percent. That’s why I kept my commitment to rejoin the Paris Accord, because if we do everything perfectly, it’s not going to matter."

That was not in the version of the speech the White House handed out ahead of time.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/joe-biden-100-days-truth-us-emissions-liz-peek

4. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I had one get his ass handed to him all by itself a couple months ago. Lol

I was sitting in the living room watching tv and I noticed this big round black thing on the wall slowly making his way up to the ceiling and he was too far up to reach. So I kept eyeing him and after about 30 minutes he was almost to the top and then all of a sudden he committed suicide.

fell all the way to the floor and TINK!!! (No pun intended) he hit the base of the lamp. Dead. I didn’t have to do a damn thing. Lolololol

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

Even if he reworded it, what he was saying is that even if the US did its best, it wasn’t going to solve the problem BY ITSELF. We have to work with other nations to not only influence them but to put larger pressure on Russia, China and India. We cant do it alone. We have to put up a unified front. Leaving the climate accord eased pressure on Russia. Thats why Putin convinced trump to pull out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  6. DeadZedHead

He knew what would happen if you caught him. He committed seppuku.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. purriwinkle

That, plus he may have been alluding to the fact that China will always lag behind because they’re willing to sacrifice clean air and the health of the planet for a leg up on manufacturing. Short sighted at best and dangerous for everyone else which requires our leadership and example to show how it’s done and as you say, pressure to force them to conform to what’s right for life here on Earth.

More than likely he failed to complete the sentence as in, “It won’t matter... if we can’t get China to do their fair share.” He might have thought the last part was obvious.

8. DeadZedHead

Exactly.

9. Morgotha

China wouldn't play ball unless WE paid for their reforms, and they won't make any changes at all for at least another decade while we're supposed to change (and start paying) now. Do you really like the US being such a chump on the international level?

If the world cares so much about climate change they can band together and refuse to buy Chinese products until THEY begin cleaning up their act. Oh, but that would be hard, wouldn't it? Yeah, I guess it's a lot easier to complain loudly and let Uncle Sam pay for the rest of the world. Well, not really *pay*, as we can't afford to pay for this, what we're doing is taking out a gigantic loan and hoping our children can figure out how to repay it in the future before they are crushed by the loan payments.

10. Morgotha

So where's the pressure we are putting on China? Trump at least tried to put tariffs on China, what's Biden doing? Taking another bribe from them to help his coke-addicted son?

11. Morgotha

So you don't think the "white people bad" culture has affected white people? One would think that in a racist America run by whites that white people would be the richest group out there.

In turns out that in American today white people are in *ninth* place for income in the U.S. today. Let that sink in for a moment. Clearly, what we are teaching our children is wrong if other cultural groups come here and are more prosperous even with "systemic racism" etc. working against them.

My second bolded line gives further evidence that is the *culture* of people in the US holding them back, not their skin color.

"
    Surely a country cannot be racist if its people twice elected a Black president or if they back policies demanding equality. We have laws banning discrimination, we have jury trials that convict White cops who kill Black men, and we have schools, religious institutions, neighborhoods and political parties that are open to all.

One indication that the U.S. is not racist is this: even though Whites constitute 60% of all Americans, and presumably control many levers of power, they are not the most prosperous group, as measured by median household income.

Indeed, it is Indian Americans who earn by far the highest incomes in the U.S., at more than $119,000, followed by Taiwanese Americans, Filipino Americans and Chinese Americans. White Americans are only the ninth most prosperous group, with median incomes just shy of $66,000, according to Census Bureau data.

Black Americans rank last, with median average income of $41,500, but it is hard to conclude this reveals bigotry, when other non-White ethnic groups fare well. In addition, studies from a few years ago showed Black immigrants earning 30% more than native-born Blacks; that suggests skin color is not the only issue. "

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/biden-flip-flops-racism-prompted-new-message-liz-peek

12. DeadZedHead

The children cant pay for it if their lungs are shriveled up like raisins. Us paying for it isn’t the only option and sanctions are a commonly used option. Its more powerful when Nations do it in unison which is what the climate accord is about. Not just for the Nations that joined but to pressure the Nations that didn’t.

13. DeadZedHead

“Here, let me use math. Except for the part I’m throwing out, it totally supports my argument”. Lol. If 60% are white that means everyone else combined is only 40%. 100% of any minority is going to fewer people than a significant percentage of the white population. We have laws banning discrimination because some people ARE being discriminatory. We back legislation to create equality because we don’t have it.“The guy I voted against won twice, so I cant be racist”. What? You know almost half the country didn’t vote for that black president. The biggest impediment to eradicating racism is pretending there isn’t any.

14. Morgotha

That's not stopping China now, why would it stop them tomorrow? The trouble with your theory isn't that all the nations are going to be working together to solve a common problem, the other nations mainly want a group accord so they can tell us how to spend our money around the world.

15. Morgotha

Have you been smoking pot? What does that rant have to do with what I posted? o_O

16. purriwinkle

What a childish approach. If they won’t pay then we won’t either.
    Regardless of what they are or are not currently doing, that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t attempt to make our air and water cleaner for our own citizens.

It remains to be seen what the countries in the climate accord can achieve now that we’re back in the game. Don’t buy Chinese products? How reasonable is that since most everything we use is either made in China or with Chinese parts. Tariffs imposed by the former president didn’t wean us off Chinese goods and brought corresponding repercussions. It’s “success” was questionable.

https://www.brookings.edu/policy202...nefit-american-workers-and-national-security/

Since China is known to pirate technological property maybe they’ll steal some clean energy technology and put it to good use.:p

17. tink

tink Well-Known Member

It has everything to do with what you just quoted. Because the article you were using as 'proof' referred to median income, which means they took the income of everyone in the group and added it together, then divided that by how many people were included. So if you have a massive group, the median likely gets skewed far more than you would see for a smaller group. That's how medians work.

It does not mean that all white people are rich.

Additionally, that isn't the only indication of discrimination anyway.

18. Morgotha

I think you missed the point. We ARE making our air and water cleaner for our children. We have been for the last 50 years, at least. Don't believe me? Compare the air, groundwater, and landfills now to 1970. The issue is "who pays for China, the number two economy in the world, and the world's biggest polluter?"

LOL, according to you, it's childish to say that if the Chinese won't pay we shouldn't clean China for them? O.K., Rockefeller. I suppose we should just add that on to our 28 Trillion dollar national debt. Do you have any idea how much money that is? Every man, woman, and child born in the U.S., all 400 million of us, enter this world with a $56,000 debt on our heads (my estimate). We aren't investing in our OWN country enough to be the world leader in education, infrastructure, etc. anymore, and you want to pay for China to continue polluting the environment while we chase after them trying to clean up their messes?

The tariffs didn't work because they didn't go far enough. If you can get the world to agree to do something other than spend our money, I can GUARANTEE you that if the whole world banded together and put a 50% tariff on *everything* made in China that China would change its ways.

The world won't do that, though. At the end of the day they want the cheap goods more than they care about the environment, but hey, if the US is dumb enough to spend money it doesn't have trying to fix a country that could fix itself but doesn't want to? Yeah, when it comes to international agreements, other countries CAN unify behind telling us how to spend our children's inheritance.

19. purriwinkle

This is a simplistic argument to a complicated issue.

First off, within each race there are varying degrees of prosperity. For every wealthy person there with be many more who aren’t. For most they’ll be in that sweet middle class range but some will be left behind due to a number of different factors.

Political power and race don’t always equate or are accessible to everyone. Up until recently in our history, power was held by white males. Slowly but surely, individuals from other races are getting a place at the table and you can include women in that group of all races. However, we have some systemic racist institutions that must be changed to insure everyone actually has an equitable chance for success.

Third it’s unfair to compare recent immigrants from all countries with Blacks that have been here since they were first imported as slaves waaaay back starting in the Jamestown colony. Their challenges have been unique and victories hard won despite white America trying to hold them back historically since they were emancipated. Having a Black President, Supreme Court justices, inventors, scientists, educators, entertainment and sports stars, etc. show that as a race they are as intelligent and productive as any other.

I’m sure there are other factors that could be considered that I can’t think of at the moment. Attacking the root causes of why some of those of every race are not moving ahead benefits everyone though, IMO. Trying to point out that this group makes more money than that group doesn’t solve anything or even make much sense to me.

20. purriwinkle

I must be missing the point. How are we “paying” for China directly? As for tariffs. What do you have in your house that was either made in China or has elements that we’re made in China. We’re damn consumer addicts so don’t even talk to me of stronger tariffs....and I don’t even have to worry about selling my agricultural products to a country that most assuredly will buy those products elsewhere in retaliation. It’s a nightmare that I can only hope some of the top economists might be able to come up with a working strategy. I think it would take every country in the accord to levy the same tariffs simultaneously for it to have much effect but they’re probably as entwined as we are and would they be willing considering.