Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Some craziness

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Feb 28, 2017.

1. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Funny how you only ever post videos and stories about black people committing crimes. Racist, much?

2. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Actually, I posted every video of theft that was on FOX at the time, so if you think there's a racist intent, blame them, not me. I'd be happy to post equivalent videos of white criminals if you want to link me a few.

3. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I do blame them, but I also blame you for perpetuating it. Just because Fox posts something doesn't mean you need to do the same.

4. Morgotha

I think those videos say something important about what's going on in society right now. people walking - not running - *walking* out of a store with armloads of stolen merchandise without fear of reprisal? Some apparent substance abuser causing thousands in damage to vehicles to look around for something to steal, again in broad daylight unmindful of all the people around him, and apparently unafraid of getting caught or punished? Another man being willing to kill someone for something that costs a hundred dollars or so? Something he could have *earned* for himself with a few days' work at a minimum wage job?

These are video expressions of societal pain and change, and quite powerful ones at that. Maybe you should try NOT getting so hung up looking for racism everywhere and try looking at the bigger issues instead.

5. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I did notice that the perp in the story about the abduction of the 6 yr. old in front of her house was white. If anyone deserved to be shot by the cops it would have been him. Just sayin’.

6. Morgotha

I doubt if I'd stay awake at night mourning his loss. It really is a terrible thing to say, but there are some people society would be better off without.

7. Morgotha

Oh, here's something sad. A couple of men got into an argument at Pat's Steaks in Philly, and one of them shot the other dead. I'd always thought of Pat's and Geno's as being relatively safe places, regardless of the neighborhood.

[​IMG]

"
    An argument between customers in line for a late night cheesesteak ended in one man shooting the other man to death at iconic Pat's King of Steaks in South Philadelphia.

Witnesses told Philadelphia police that the two men began fighting just before 1 a.m. Thursday outside the cheesesteak shop at 9th and Wharton streets (right off Passyunk Avenue), Philadelphia Police Chief Inspector Scott Small said. There were six or seven people waiting in line for food at the time.

The one man -- who has red hair and was wearing a Philadelphia Eagles jersey -- then shot the other at least once on the sidewalk area near where people can sit at picnic tables before hopping into a van driven by a woman and driving off, Small said."

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/pats-cheesesteaks-deadly-shooting/2889665/

8. purriwinkle

Article says the two men were fighting over football. Can you believe that? A man is dead because of a football disagreement? Was the shooter even licensed to carry? Do we want a gun in the hands of hot heads who will pull it out and shoot someone because they don’t like their team... or the quarter back or some other such nonsense? I hope they throw the book at that doofus’ although it will no doubt be little consolation to the dead man’s family.

Don’t blame the Philly Cheese Steak places for gun crazy people who patronize them. This might have happened outside any late night establishment.

#6288 purriwinkle, Jul 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
  9. purriwinkle

So what is society coming to? What does this story have to say about sex pervs and religious leaders? Guess the Catholic church is far from the only “Christian” organization to have sickos in the ministry.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-minister-girl-15-meth-sexual-assault.amp

Amen. “Counseling” the young woman to take some meth and lift her skirts.

10. Morgotha

I know, an argument about football:rolleyes:. It is unbelievable.

I still don't think the problem is guns, it's that people misuse them. For example, this guy is caught. He should be tried, if proven guilty, executed within the next couple of weeks (as opposed to 20 years from now after millions of appeals) so that people associate his behavior with the punishment. Do that over and over and pretty soon people will relearn not to shoot people.

?? I don't blame the cheesesteak place. It saddens me to see violence there.

#6290 Morgotha, Jul 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
  11. Morgotha

It doesn't say ANYTHING about religious leaders, and you would be a bigot to associate the two. Associating anything with criminal behavior and occupation/race etc. is bigoted or racist.

And you know, there's a simple solution for problems with people like this...

12. purriwinkle

Let me get this straight.....posting story after story about people, usually of another race committing crimes is not bigoted but to quote you, says “something important about what’s going on in society right now” but a story about another pervy religious “leader” says nothing
    about the institutions that allow these men to prey upon unsuspecting people because of their supposed moral authority or why the “flock” lets them get away with this type of behavior, sometimes for years.
    Makes me wonder WTF is going on.

As far as the gun violence outside the late night eating venue, you lamented how you thought they were safe places. I propose that there are no longer any “safe” places with the number of firearms in the hands of unstable people. It’s getting to be the “Wild West” everywhere USA.

13. Morgotha

You got my point, exactly. It's not fun being called a bigot, is it? LOL, I didn't even bring up your racism, posting on white criminals more so than on criminals from other races, you should be thankful for that! And for the record, I post stories based on the crime, not the race of the criminal. LOL, like with those criminals that walked out of a TJ Maxx with armloads of stuff. Show me the story where a couple of white, Eskimo, Asian, etc., people were caught on video doing the same thing and I'd be happy to post their video as well. It's a *shocking* breach of societal values and it's even MORE shocking society is just putting up with it. That point stays the same regardless of who's doing the crime. If it happens that the people currently committing those crimes and being videoed doing so are black, there's nothing wrong with posting about it. They ARE doing something reprehensible. They deserve to be shamed for their actions, and I don't see any need to post about a white criminal every time I post about a black one to somehow "prove" something to someone.

On this particular white criminal, I didn't read anything about how his flock knew for years about his behavior, etc., it sounds like the girl's mother found out about his behavior and immediately went to the police. For you to read in more than that is your issue.

On the late night eateries, I still don't tie the violence to guns, per se. For example, in Los Angeles I like to go to Tommy's downtown, but I'd *never* go there by myself at night (well, to be honest I wouldn't go there in the day by myself, either, LOL)! It IS dangerous, and the level of potential menace has been in that area for decades, with or without guns. I guess my thing with Philly is that a LOT of it is rough, and it's just sad to see someplace you could be comfortable at sliding down hill.

14. Morgotha

Well, something old, something new. The Cleveland Indians have changed their name to the "Cleveland Guardians" so that the 3 people who were upset about the Indians name would be mollified. If you asked me, they are going to be in trouble with the new name as well, as

[​IMG]

The Guardians clearly look like white men, and the team symbolizing white men being the ones who protect the city sounds racist to me. As they say, "a swing and a miss".

Hey, on the plus side the Indians' home page is having a 70% off sale on Indians merchandise!

15. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

Hey!! Lets leave Eskimos out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Morgotha

C'mon, man! You know they're the REAL troublemakers!

17. purriwinkle

You’re the one fixated on these types of postings. I most often comment but I think it only fair to keep it balanced showing that people of all races are capable of horrendous behavior. I don’t give Caucasians a pass.

Actually, religious leaders or the police and for that matter doctors, elected officials, etc. are held to a higher standard because people place their trust in them. They are inherently thought of as doing the right thing for the people whom they have some measure of control over. The social implications concerning the breaking of this “trust” may or may not be saying something about the society in which we live.

If there is a trend for the “leaders” to be corrupt, untruthful, cruel, duplicitous, uncivil or seemingly preferential to one group over another, etc. etc. maybe the rot seeps down from the top.

Can we expect society at large then to act any differently? Just pondering.

In the case of the Texas minister, I applaud the mother for taking her daughter to the cops but the guy had been involved with this family for a month. No questions about the girl’s behavior or whereabouts prior to mom finding her at Walmart’s? Man was giving the girl meth and having sex with her and no one noticed anything odd?

Every city and I’d wager towns have rough areas where you must weigh the advantages vs the disadvantages of going there. As for Philly, we took our daughter to “historic” Philly where we toured Independence Hall, saw the liberty bell and other local attractions. Even took a drive up to Valley Forge. We felt perfectly safe although you never know where the nutters are going to show up. We did have to go through metal detectors before entering various attractions. I’d recommend it to anyone who’d like to explore a bit of history. To be fair, we didn’t get to see much else of the city so I have to reserve judgement on whether it’s more unsafe than anywhere else.

18. Morgotha

I agree all people are capable of, and do, commit crimes. Some of what people do amazes me, and I don't think there's anything wrong with that, or posting on it. OTOH, when someone like @tink calls me a racist for posting what's in the newspaper, that gets my back up, which should be understandable.

I agree that religious leaders and professionals are thought to be doing the right thing for the right reasons -- and most of them are. I think we as a society have learned that some predators specifically go in to these occupations as well as the profession gives them a cloak to hide under, and at least now we are alert to that.

On the pervert, we know he was involved with the family for a month, got the daughter a job, etc., but we don't know how long he was giving her meth for. My personal suspicion would be much *less* time than that, though, as he would need to look like a trustworthy person to the parents for awhile before the parents would let their daughter near him alone. I don't know the whole story, or what the daughter and parents are like. I *AM* glad her mom went to the police!

On Philly, it's got it's good points and its bad ones. Some things are just different, like anywhere else, I suppose. I have my own memory of Valley Forge. We went there in the Winter one time for some reason, and there wasn't snow on the ground, but an arctic wind was blowing and it was **COLD**. What has always stuck with me is how many of the soldiers back then didn't have shoes, and how freezing cold it must of been for them, and just how terrible just being there had to be. It's too bad we couldn't have done things differently.

19. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

I personally think they are behind global warming. They want beachfront property.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Morgotha

Not just that, they'll become billionaires from land sales. I'd bet you can by frozen chunks of Alaskan wilderness for cheap, when it becomes prime beachfront land and the rest of the planet is more or less unlivable? Big Bucks City!

BTW, they used to have ferns, fruit, and dinosaurs in Alaska, so the climate USED to be very warm there, long before man-made "global warming", and if it becomes warm again, that may well be what's "natural", despite our efforts to maintain the ice age.