Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Good Episode

Discussion in 'Episode 1102 - Acheron Part 2' started by Terminator, Aug 29, 2021.

1. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

I think the only place Alden is gravitating towards is the grave! He’s just been shown like a good guy again, after being quite annoying and judgemental for a while, and we all know what focus and mini redemption forecasts for minor characters. Wasn’t this the first time Negan and Alden even talked to one another on the show?

I’d add to your first thought about Negan respecting Rick, that I think he respected Michonne even more. Wouldn’t you agree? And I think he certainly has a lot of respect for Daryl.

2. BlackBird

Aren’t they now very close to the settlement where Maggie used to live and the Reapers have taken over? If not, could someone from Maggie’s group betray them and informed them about their intentions to return?
    I agree, it was a bit too much of a coincidence.

3. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree on Michonne. The comic connection with Rick was a strong one, and Michonne didn't play the same role there so I wasn't thinking about her. But she did take on the Rick role prior to her departure. I'm not so sure on Daryl though. I don't believe he thinks anyone following Maggie around like this is particularly bright. He probably sees Daryl more as a follower type. Daryl did that with Rick, and now is being led by Maggie.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Stealth

Yeah everyone was like

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Stealth

I'm confused on the locations. I thought Maggie was much further away with her settlement and that the Reapers had followed her. Where they are now is fairly close to Alexandria, so all the dots don't connect up if this IS the area where they lived.

6. BlackBird

Sadly I have to agree. I love Daryl to the moon and back but you’re right about him being a “follower”, even though he has some excellent leadership qualities. But he’s a reluctant leader. Steps up when he absolutely must, but rather not be in a leadership role at all.

I really don’t like him taking the lead from Maggie right now. She’s out of control and Daryl should be putting the breaks on her madness rather than going along with it.

And I never really liked his relationship with Rick. Rick was always a shitty friend to Daryl. Daryl always loved him more and looked out for Rick more than the other way round. I always loved it when he stood up to Rick. (And I’m saying this with the understanding that I also love Rick to the moon and back.)

7. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I think Negan realized what a strong leader and individual Rick was. I’ve always thought that he was a teensy bit enviable of Rick’s ability to get people to follow him, not through intimidation (his method of choice) but because they respected him. As for Michonne? Negan has a thing for strong women, or even women who show some spunk. I’ll never forget his “I’m fifty% more into you” after Olivia slapped his face after he suggested they go upstairs so he could screw her brains out.

i don’t remember if Alden had ever spoken to Negan but wasn’t he a Savior? Wouldn’t they have had some contact in the past or was Alden too far down the food chain to have interacted with the boss.

• Like Like x 1
  8. purriwinkle

Daryl’s complicated because of his history of abuse growing up. Lord knows what his dad was like but Merle was a piece of work and Daryl loved his brother. He’s capable, smart, deadly when needs be but he doesn’t like being in the position of “bossing” people around. I don’t think he wants the responsibility but will align himself with someone who has a more assertive personality that he likes and respects. Rick had taken Merle’s place emotionally as a big brother and I’m sure he treated Daryl better than Merle did. How eager he is to stand up to the ones he now considers his family depends on the situation I suppose.

• Like Like x 1
  9. BlackBird

Yes, Alden was a Savior, and Maggie kept him in the cage for a long time at Hilltop.
    I think you’re probably right about the reasons why we ever saw Negan talking to him before, though probably also for the practical reason the actor might not have even been cast before the character was captured? But it’s interesting they have never had them together ever since. It could be very interesting if they talked about the Savior days.

And you’re definitely right about Negan envying Rick’s leadership and generally the true loyalty within the group.

10. ChrisAnn

ChrisAnn Member

Thanks for the heads up, Bula.

I agree this episode had that "on the edge of your seat" feeling much like the early episodes had. The ones I used to watch with my hands up to my face, peering between my fingers!

I go back and forth on Negan. One minute I have him figured out, the next I don't trust him.

11. BlackBird

Sure he did. Merle was a total disaster. But Rick failed Daryl a few times too. For example when he left him at the Kingdom just after Daryl’d escaped the Sanctuary and was a total wreck. And then later when he asked Daryl to stay at the Sanctuary to keep order. In the end Carol saw the damage and offered to take over from Daryl. Rick never really took time to understand Daryl or learn more about him. The only time Rick actually reached out to Daryl was after Beth died.

12. purriwinkle

No one said Rick was perfect. Far from it in fact, like most people. There were times Rick failed others in his life as well. Going way back, look at his wife. He was into some passive aggressive bullshit with her after all that business with Shane went down. Later he just about lost his mind with guilt and grief over his behavior after her death. I’m sure you could find other examples as well, even superficially, as when he refused to stop and help orange back pack guy who needed help by the side of the road. Just drove right by.

I loved Rick too. I always thought he was a stand up guy but he sometimes did things that made you go, WTF? I blame it on the uncertainty and dangerous times that had become the ZA. He did ok for never knowing what what coming around the corner. Daryl seemed to always shake it off and in the end searched tirelessly for Rick when he disappeared. No grudges held there apparently.

13. BlackBird

I think he did too. Always going back and forth on trust issues depending on the latest experiences of the group, whether to give people a chance or not. Some extreme behaviours. A hint of madness at times. But through it all, he was a fundamentally good man who did his best for his family and community. And yes, sometimes his best wasn’t that great, but being flawed made him human and a fascinating character.

Ha! There will be some grudges alright for being gone for 7+ years when Daryl finally finds Rick, but yes, Daryl mostly shook things off, because that’s what he had to do all his life with people. It’s actually very sad, how he accepted the way Rick treated him, even Carol at times. He’s just so damn grateful to be finally cared about.

14. BlackBird

Yes, he’s an enigma. Though there are trends, we as viewers are privy of, that suggest a positive trajectory on the whole. I’m not even treating leaving Maggie to fend for herself a real setback. She kind of asked for that.

I think they could get more out of him at this stage by trusting him more - but no one blames them for trying it hard.

15. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

I took that suitcase just to be a case of someone thinking they'd be well off with having a lot of money when the ZA started, only to end up dead in a subway line. I don't think there's a money link with the Commonwealth as probably no other "community" is still using cash. Just an opinion.

16. purriwinkle

Unless they’re short on toilet paper.;)

17. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Wasn’t the money in the bin at commonwealth labeled to be burned?

The truth is out there

18. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I have to re-watch to confirm but I think those money in the bin are bills with writings or markings on them, making them not fit as a reminder of the old world and, therefore, are to be burned.

19. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Just did.
    It seems they are getting rid of certain bills, but using others.

The truth is out there