Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Did they planned to have Leah be a reaper all along?

Discussion in 'Episode 1104 - Rendition' started by Miamicuse, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

I am wondering if they had plans for Leah to be a reaper all along? Things that makes me wonder are:

Leah told Daryl when they first met that she lost her family, her kid (don't remember if a son or daughter) died. If she was with a family and her kid died, how was she a mercenary? Unless that family was the reapers but then her kid? A tiny reaper?

Didn't Daryl find a note from her to "Find me" and that she belonged with Daryl? I wonder if Daryl still have that note? That would get her in trouble with Pope I bet.

She hasn't lost someone in her "family" for a very long time...so who's the guy who Maggie's group ran into who blew himself up and yelling "Pope marked you?" Isn't he part of her family?

They have a dozen or so trained fighters, they are probably good at mounting a coordinated attack, I bet they may not have an upper hand if they are surprised and put on the defensive side.

2. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

All good points. Could it be possible that she was in the military when she had her kid, pre ZA? Some of those guys could have been in her unit when she served. Doesn’t explain why she said she hadn’t lost anyone in awhile unless she meant someone she actually cared about…maybe a good friend. While they all might be “family” I’m sure you create special bonds of friendship with some and not others.

I get the feeling that when she wrote Daryl that note, she hadn’t fallen in with the Reapers yet. When they came across her, perhaps some of them who knew her when she was in the military vouched for her. If they pulled the same “test” on her that they did with Daryl, putting her in a fiery room with someone she knew, she probably instinctually tried to save her friend first like Daryl did with her. Welcome to the family.

3. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

Daryl wrote that note to Leah. When he went back to her, after he changed his mind. By then she was gone so he wrote the note to her. Then two years later when he went to the cabin again with Carol, his note was still there, so he knew she never returned.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BlackBird

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. BlackBird

I think the kid wasn’t hers but her friend’s. She was just there when he was born. And after the mother died she adopted the child.
    Then the child died and dog was born the same evening? Something like that? But all this happened already in the apocalypse. So she must have been with the Reapers group back then, and somehow got separated.

So it seems she was with this group from the start then got separated and they found her again.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I read that, the boy was her friend's. Her friend died giving birth to him. And Leah adopted him.
    Leah and the boy were with the Reapers all along. Somehow the Reapers were attacked by a horde of walkers and Leah+boy+Dog's mother got separated from the Reapers. They escaped to that hut next to the river. Leah discovered the boy was bitten. On the day the body died, Dog's mother gave birth to Dog and then died also. So, Leah and Dog lived in that hut for a while before meeting up with Daryl.

• Like Like x 2
  7. purriwinkle

Thanks everyone for clearing that up. Makes more sense to me now. I can kinda understand (but don’t agree with) that they eliminate people where ever they go because they’re locusts, *cough*thieves*cough* and they don’t want the competition for the resources and they obviously don’t produce or create anything themselves.

It doesn’t make sense that Leah was always a reaper unless she had some military background. Did someone confirm that and I missed it?

8. BlackBird

She did tell Daryl in this episode that she was a mercenary after she had left the army. So she might have known some of these people from way back when she was in the army.

The Reapers must have been through hell and back in Afghanistan and then let down by the government as war veterans, but the way they live now… is there an excuse for that?

• Like Like x 1
  9. purriwinkle

Not in my book…. Then again we’re talking about mercenaries here.

#9 purriwinkle, Sep 16, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  10. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

That takes a bit away from the nomad theory because it places the Reapers in that area for years then. It's still bizarre to me that Negan's Saviors, who had such an extensive network, didn't run into these idiots and destroy them.

11. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

It is hard to pin down the timeline of the events.
    But my guess is:- when the Saviours had full control of the area, the Reapers were not there. Then, there was the war between the Saviours and Rick+gang. Then, the war ended. Then, Rick went missing. Then, Daryl got pissed off and went solo checking out the area. Probably at around this time that Leah moved into the fringe of the area (I said 'fringe' because Daryl was checking the area further and further away from ASZ and so by the time he reached Leah's hut along the river, it must have been on the fringe). Then, they spent some happy times together (I think, I read it was 8-9 months?). Then, Daryl went away. And, a little time later, the Reapers tracked down Leah and found her. They left the hut and never returned.

• Informative Informative x 1