Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rate it

Discussion in 'Episode 1108 - For Blood' started by Sharpie61, Oct 9, 2021.

1. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Was it a hit or a miss

The truth is out there

2. Sharpie61

Bumping this up the feed

The truth is out there

3. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

Oh. My. Days. OH! MY! DAYS! What a place to stop for a hiatus! Flipping heck!

Well I was on tenterhooks all the way through. I must admit I felt a bit impatient with the Alexandria scenes because the tension and delicate complication of the situation at Meredian was so thrilling. Daryl walking on thin ice all the time, trying to play it just right, that was just so brilliantly suspenseful. Great writing, direction and very good acting from both Norman and the actress who plays Leah. An impossible situation here between the two of them, both having genuine feelings for the other but not strong enough to choose the other over their adopted families.

So the episode ends with Daryl confessing to Leah that he's betrayed her, then after a momentary collaboration to bring Pope down, Leah betrays Daryl, but leaves him enough time to escape. And this is still far from over. I’m no fan of this relationship - it’s been toxic from the start with Leah demanding Daryl to choose. But strangely enough I have ended up liking this storyline.

I really hoped this war would be resolved by the end of this episode but we are well and truly carrying it over into the next trimester. Oh well.

Leah's brothers still might turn on Leah, especially if she were to protect Daryl again in battle. Somehow it doesn't feel like Leah will survive this. It's just a question of whose hands she'll die by. Just please not Daryl. That would be just so goddamn awful.

And may we please just have one moment of Daryl Dixon appreciation here. Our smart, fiercely loyal, badass Daryl. This episode has unravelled the very essence of him. And Norman has certainly brought his A game.

Back in Alexandria: Rosita is a warrior goddess and I love her. Lovely moment between Carol and Connie: Carol’s relief that Connie holds no grudges against her. Also a sweet scene between Virgil and Judith. Gracie I'm finding very irritating, I'm sorry. How on earth has Aaron failed to train her and kit her out with suitable weapons? The current situation is not looking good for either Gracie or Aaron. One of them could easily die in the next episode, I reckon. That dream a few episodes ago was just a terrible foreshadowing. Well let’s hope it wasn’t.

1 point deducted for too much Alexandria, but otherwise a super strong and well crafted episode in my opinion: I'd give it 9/10.

4. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I think this episode should be titled ''For Family'' instead of ''For Blood''.

Daryl and Leah both chose his/her family instead of each other. Even between the two, there was still no blood, or else, Leah would choose to kill him after Daryl telling her the truth.
    The same happened back in Alexandria, eg Rosita went outside to kill a bunch of walkers to buy more time for the family inside the house. And, Connie held no grudge against Carol, showing her still considering Carol as her family.

It does not look too good for Leah. My guess is that she will be betrayed/killed by Carver (her family) when he discovers about her killing Pope. And, probably Daryl will immediately avenge for her while she looks on to show her that he is her family and Carver is not.

Pope died an easy death. He should have been eaten alive by walkers.

One thing I do not understand. Meridian should not be that far away from ASZ. But the storm that hit ASZ did not seem to affect Meridian at all. Strange.

I love how Virgil telling Judith that he saw Michonne in her, when she used the sword and encouraged the other kids.

This is a 9.

5. BlackBird

I really like that, a much more fitting title.
    I guess it’s the two leaders, Pope and Maggie who’re out “for blood” - but otherwise the title made little sense, when the main theme of the episode was family.

6. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Any episode without the Commonwealth is a good one. My problem though is we ended on a cliffhanger. It's not necessary. The audience has dwindled down to less than double of the the one watching Fear. Do we really need to do this? You just have hardcore fans left now. Just tell the damn story.

I enjoyed though seeing our group use the Whisperer's methods against Pope and his lunatics. I wanted him to be more surprised by what was going on though, than figuring it out himself.

I think there is a chance that Gabriel might not make it out of this one alive.

We need more of the Rosita we saw in this episode, rather than just being an Alexandria extra. I thought for a minute Judith was going to go outside and help her.

Leah's turn was a good twist. It wasn't surprising since she had issues with Pope but still sees that weirdo group as her family.

Overall I enjoyed the episode, aside from being annoyed with an unneeded cliffhanger.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Stealth

I thought Leah might survive after she killed Pope, but once she shifted back against Daryl that was it for her.

I feel it's going to be Negan or maybe Maggie who ends up killing her.

8. BlackBird

Interesting theories… both feasible. I’m thinking I’d rather have the irony of Carver killing her than one of our people. This “family” of Leah’s seems to be only Leah’s illusion. Dad has been killing and sacrificing the kids for his own agenda. Brothers were setting their sister on fire under Dad’s instructions. In the end daughter kills dad and brothers will kill the sister… I think. Leah has made a very, very bad choice.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sharpie61

Other than the way it ended, I did like the episode.
    In all honesty, I was hoping the reapers would have been done and gone last night.
    8/10
    Because, again. Didn’t like the ending.

The truth is out there

10. Blueman

From the 'family' point of view, maybe Pope and Maggie also go out for their respective family.
    Maggie goes after Pope because her Meridian family (eg Elijah's sister) was murdered by the Reapers.

Pope goes after Maggie as he thinks his sons/soldiers were killed by Maggie. Maybe this is the reason why he 'marked' Maggie and wanted to get her so much?
    This is perhaps a point that has yet to be explained. Why Pope marked Maggie? Could it simply be that Pope thinks that woman leader has to be killed, or else, she will always come back to attack him being in Meridian?

I also hoped that the Reapers story is finished in this episode. But obviously it is not.
    In addition to the unknown Leah's fate, the story between Gabe and the Reapers priest needs to be told.

I suppose, after finishing off the Reapers, all the food (and weapons of the Reapers) could be gathered and brought back to ASZ. Good for them to get ready for the next adventure.

#10 Blueman, Oct 11, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
  11. BlackBird

I think that’s it from Pope’s point of view: Maggie was “the one that got away”. And he feared she’d return to reclaim Meridian. And he was right. So he was hell bent on eliminating this potential and now very real threat. To the extent that he was willingly sacrificing his “sons” to complete the mission. For the good of all, even if the numbers of the “all” has shrunk to a handful by now as a consequence.

I was initially hoping for this storyline to be done but now I’m happy it wasn’t rushed. The Leah story deserves more time also the priest conflict will be interesting. Gabriel has crossed some dubious lines lately and he needs to reconcile his faith/conscience/his far he would go for his family/questions whether it is still about just doing it for his family… To which last question Pope couldn’t have answered a clear and honest yes. So it will be interesting how Gabriel will have his reckoning on the subject, and what role the Reaper priest will play in this.

The Leah story has turned out to be quite interesting in the end but I still hate that they’ve sprung on us this relationship in flashbacks, in an episode that had other stories in it as well. I mean, Daryl having a love interest is a huge deal, after ten seasons of TWD, and we were cheated out of getting invested in it. Especially as Connie’s return into Daryl’s life is still very much anticipated as a potential love story to be told. So it’s been very confusing and very hard to bind with Leah at all. Not just because there’s certainly a lack of warmth in her character. We have learnt how this might have been a product of her past but still… she’s just not for Daryl somehow, the way Connie totally is.

Which will be meeting the Commonwealth army? :confused: Another reason why I don’t mind the reaper story to be extended - I really dislike the Commonwealth and don’t want our people there at all. Can you?

12. Stealth

Yeah, I wouldn't want to be siding with Carver. These people also knew that she was going to be tossed into the burning building with Daryl, but they didn't give her a heads up about it. The "family" dynamic there is very strange.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Stealth

On Talking Dead they had the actor who played Pope on the show. He said that Pope's fixation with Maggie was sort of a Joker vs. Batman thing. He saw her as a formidable challenge in a world where they were either just killing walkers, or encountering defenseless people who they ransacked.

Pope also kept calling Maggie "my enemy." He was personalizing it. And the actor said he really didn't care much about the others in the group expect for how they impacted him.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ChrisAnn

ChrisAnn Member

Ok, hold on. How many episodes in this final Season 11? I thought there it was only nine. Thinking that doesn't seem right, I searched and found out there are 24 episode altogether? How did I miss this info. Duh. And I call myself a fan.

15. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Ack! I’m away from home and won’t be able to see this epi until at least tomorrow night….couldn’t help myself though and read all the comments. Can’t wait to see it!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Stealth

Yes, they're dividing it up into 3 parts. Part 2 arrives in February. I believe the final part will be in the fall of 2022.

17. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Which I kind of think is dumb. This show has had a trend of having a significant viewer drop every time there was a break. If that continues this season (which it likely will) it's ratings will be as low as Fears by the time the season is over.

I really don't think there was any need to make this season 24 episodes long. All having 24 episodes is going to do is have about 10 of those episodes put people to sleep.

18. Stealth

After seeing the first 8 episodes, I agree. I don't know what their plans are for the final 16, but what we just saw could've been chopped down. It borders on insulting too for the hardcore audience that remains, that we were hit with a cliffhanger too. Really?

The Commonwealth stuff is painful. If they have everyone leave Alexandria, and all we get is that, it's going to actually make Fear the better alternative of the two. I can't stand anything to do with the Commonwealth. I'd prefer to see Negan and contingent of other survivors stay in Virginia, but I'm afraid we're not going to get that.

19. ChrisAnn

ChrisAnn Member

Thanks. Wow, that's going to be a long time to wait.

I sure am thankful I found this forum and because of Blackbird, am able to watch the series. Maybe my cable provider will have AMC again by 2022. Altho I'm really enjoying these non-commercial airings of the episodes!

20. Blueman

I always prefer having fewer seasons but with a higher number of episodes per season.
    So, instead of having, say, 10 seasons of 16 episodes each, it is better to have 8 seasons with 20 episodes each. I think it is hard to keep up the momentum. Whenever there is a season break, loss of some viewers is unavoidable and ratings drops and fewer commercials come in and less money and this can be a vicious cycle.