Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

2020 election AKA The Biden Thread

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Feb 3, 2019.

1. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

IKR? What a stupid thing to say, that they weren’t real children. Of course they were real children. The WH didn’t even choose the children but were chosen by U Tube, which they have since confirmed. Accordingly they said this as reported by an article in The Hill:

In a statement to The Hill, a YouTube spokesperson said: “The casting process for this show was no different from typical unscripted kids shows across other networks and streaming platforms. YouTube selected the kids that were featured. We reached out via not for profit organizations, social media and traditional casting websites, looking for kids who were interested in contributing positively to their communities."

“As with casting, the compensation was handled the same way it is for all of our other YouTube Originals shows,” the spokesperson added, confirming that there was compensation involved.

https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...ot-pick-kids-in-nasa-video-official-says-amid

Was it as phony as Trump holding a bible at Lafayette Sq.?

2. Doodlebug

Doodlebug Active Member

Yes, yes it is as bad. Along with the fake Oval Office. And yes trump had fault in his words just like Biden. Thats what happens when we have senior citizens running this countrY.

3. purriwinkle

Well, excuse me but this senior citizen says it’s not so much the age of the candidates but the times we’re living in. Being a rug rat has no advantage if you happen to be someone say like Josh Hawley, or Majorie Taylor Green, both in their forties which doesn’t exactly make them spring chickens, but both bat shit crazy (despite Hawley’s pedigree). AOC is 32 but some think she’s way too progressive.

However, if you’re looking for some media tomfoolery, the younger ones probably have the know how to manipulate it to put one over on the public easier than an older individual. Always exceptions to the rule of course. I’m sure Bill Gates could still do whatever he wanted to, if he wanted to, when he wanted to as well as numerous others. It really depends on the individual, independent of age, IMO.

4. Doodlebug

Doodlebug Active Member

Sorry about the age thing. Didn’t mean to come off as an agist, but as you can tell I’m not a fan of either Biden or Trump. Actually politicians in particular, but the constant but Trump did it too in the Biden thread just got to me. His over forty years is government is all I need to know about him.

And the job in office must be the easiest job in the world, in my opinion. I mean most people can’t wait to retire, these people just keep going, to the point they are forced out of office. Easy work, easy money is my only answer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. purriwinkle

So you don’t like politicians. We live in a country with elected representatives from the local level on up to the Federal level. So what else would you want? Quite frankly, in my estimation, the problem lies in the electorate that votes for people who are totally unsuited to be in positions of power. However, that’s democracy for ya. A person who is a total cluster f*ck in my estimation might be someone else’s cup of tea. The American people are a fractious lot and becoming more so by the year. To me that would make being the “captain” of such a “crew” a very difficult job indeed.

OTOH, I’m sure there are those who choose to enter political life for reasons other than to make life better for their fellow mankind. That’s why I think it’s important to scrutinize candidates positions carefully, along with their personal lives and how they conduct themselves. It’s a total package as far as I’m concerned.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

LOL! These are supposed to be American children who are interested in the space program, and Harris is supposed to be showing enthusiasm for the same. If the children are actors, they don't really HAVE enthusiasm for the space program, and Harris *knows* this beforehand, so she knows she's just acting a part as well. I'm surprised that doesn't bother you a little bit.

Sure, Trump had people fill in his rallies. Obama and Hillary kicked out people they didn't think were on board with their message, and were only allowed to ask prescreened questions. This is really a whole new level in fraud, don't you think? Who do you think the victim of that fraud is?

7. Morgotha

I read your article.

"Published reports after the video came out revealed that at least one of the five children with Harris had auditioned for the role. Two of the other children are reportedly working actors."

So, "yes" they are actors, not average children who happen to be interested in space.

"“As with casting, the compensation was handled the same way it is for all of our other YouTube Originals shows,” the spokesperson added, confirming that there was compensation involved."

Also, "yes" they were PAID to be there! A *real* child who is interested in space would give up their desert for a month for a chance to go to NASA, you wouldn't need to pay them. Faking something like this using children is offensive from top to bottom, and it's even worse that the victims of this (us) are just smiling and pretending not to notice.

And yes, this is MUCH worse than Trump using a Bible as a prop.

8. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Yeah that's pretty much how I feel on politics too. Yes, we have terrible individuals at various levels of government, but ultimately it's the people that put them there. Our elected officials are only reflecting the quality of our current electorate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

So you must love senator Grassley, who is the oldest senator at 88 years old.

The truth is out there

10. Morgotha

Who doesn't?o_O

11. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

Sorry. Im not a fan of trump and find it funny that Biden is being criticized or things trump did worse and more often. They seem like huge deals when Biden does them but were justified when trump did them. For example, trump used the exact same set with green screen window. Nobody accused trump of trying to trick the public into thinking it was real. He DID try to fake the path of a hurricane with a Sharpie. That created a real issue as some genuinely questioned whether they were in the path or not. They are taking ordinary events and pretending they are extraordinary after four years of taking extraordinary events and pretending they were ordinary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. DeadZedHead

But it isn’t fraud. Harris spoke about space with children. They didn’t pretend to pick kids at random. They didn’t pretend it was Nasa camp. Trump paid people to go to his rallies then used those inflated numbers to justify his lies. Thats actual fraud. Whenever questioned about the validity of what he said, he would being up the number of people at his rallies. You are putting artificial conditions that don’t exist on this event.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. purriwinkle

What's your point? First off, as the Hill article stated, and I quoted from the article which you apparently missed was :

In a statement to The Hill, a YouTube spokesperson said: “The casting process for this show was no different from typical unscripted kids shows across other networks and streaming platforms. YouTube selected the kids that were featured. We reached out via not for profit organizations, social media and traditional casting websites, looking for kids who were interested in contributing positively to their communities."

What part of that don't you get? It's obviously the procedure used when putting together any of these kinds of shows. Who says the kids that were eventually picked had no interest in space? Why is this done? Why use "casting websites" to find participants? It's probably easier and faster than using a country wide open casting call. If only x amount of children can be used and thousands of kids respond, there is still going to be a weeding out process. Kids already in the entertainment business are no doubt photogenic, personable, not shy in front of the camera or being around "important" people. They have had practice speaking audibly and can follow stage instructions if necessary. If they have SAG cards then they're going to be protected and of course receive compensation. Their parents will also know what to expect. They're real kids but perhaps you're right. They may not be average but quite possibly exceptional. My impression is that it was more of an educational piece not kids say the darndest thing type of endeavor and even then Art solicited "spunky" kids that wouldn't be intimidated by the trappings of early TV studios.
    https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2010-may-26-la-me-art-linkletter-20100527-story.html#:~:text=That popular segment from the,boy's first day in kindergarten.

If VP Harris's performance was sub par maybe that's because she isn't an actress. You can understand perhaps why professionals were chosen to work with her. LOL

So why is this worse than Trump who just had some peacefully protesting people tear gassed to make way for a photo op of him holding a bible to what end? To give gullible people the idea that he was a good and righteous man which we all know he was not.
    You even conceded he was a scam artist.

Maybe conservatives ought to be careful while throwing stones in their glass houses. Of course they can just plain lie, like Tucker Carlson who admitted to doing so during an interview.

Fox News’s Tucker Carlson admitted he sometimes lies when he is "really cornered or something" in a new interview with “The Rubin Report” published Sunday.

“I lie. If I'm really cornered or something, I lie. I really try not to. I try never to lie on TV. I just don't, you know, I don't like lying. I certainly do it, you know, out of weakness or whatever,” Carlson said.

#3533 purriwinkle, Oct 14, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
  14. Morgotha

Can you post a link to show where Trump was speaking from a "fake" White House? I can't see this being a big issue to Trump's people if Trump routinely did the same thing, and I have a bit of a hard time believing it. If anything, I'd think he'd want the "I'm the President giving an address from the Oval Office" pageantry of actually speaking in the Oval Office.

OTOH, if you *can* show that Trump routinely did the same thing than I agree it's no worse for Biden that it would be for Trump.

https://conservativefighters.co/new...heory-on-why-biden-uses-fake-white-house-set/

15. Morgotha

I didn't miss that part of the article, I just didn't think it needed to be explained. Sure, that process of selecting actors to be in a children's video might be standard in Hollywood and for paid Youtube videos, but it is **NOT** standard for an address given by the Vice President of the United States! That's the point. When you see the President or Vice President talking with children, you assume they are just American children. When President Bush was reading to a roomful of children on 9/11, I and everyone else would assume he was reading to a real classroom full of real children, not a Hollywood set with 30 child actors!

Are you REALLY telling me that you'd have viewed her speech in the same way if it was preceded by an announcement that these were not actual children but paid actors (like the way they do with doctors in commercials)? Of course you'd see it differently, you'd think it was a joke that she couldn't even round up a half-dozen real children to speak to.

On Trump and the teargasing protestors: As I recall, those "peaceful protestors" burnt a church and were destroying and spray painting public property, etc. He wanted to send them a message. So... not the most presidential thing anyone's ever done, but by no means the worst.

Why are you bringing up Tucker Carlson? We were talking about Biden, Harris, and the obligatory Trump, all public officials, why bring up a news commentator?

16. DeadZedHead

I cant currently find a picture. The story passed through my feed. But here is an article that he used the Eisenhower Auditorium in 2020. Along with a larger picture of Biden showing part of the crowd. Meaning no one was tricked into thinking it was the white house which across the street. The one i saw earlier had multiple presidents using the set including Obama which means it existed prior to trump. Ill keep looking.

https://www.rawstory.com/qanon-white-house-conspiracy/

17. purriwinkle

Well, it seems to me that that paragraph says in a nutshell that even though Harris has been appointed as the head of the National Space Council, U Tube was producing this segment, not the VP. Therefore it was not her job to round up the talent, like she doesn't have enough to do already. If you don't like how it's done, take it up with U tube. They also stated in the article that they were proud of the show. Besides it wasn't an "address" but meant as educational piece to get children enthused about the space program. Speeches don't usually have participation with others as part of the format. Perhaps the thought you had was that this wasn't "spontaneous" although I haven't seen it written anywhere that these interactions were scripted.

I also don't get that you don't see these kids as "real". So they act. They have talent and poise. How many of our kids "acted" in school productions growing up. Most don't pursue it but some like it to the point where they and their families look for opportunities to continue. Some enroll in drama majors at university when they're older. Many will not be successful but that doesn't mean they aren't "real". It was probably considered expedient for U tube to fish in this pool for reasons I listed in my previous post.

I brought up Tucker because he and other Rebublican media commentators are the ones who were making such a hullabaloo about the whole thing.

Getting back to the protesters in Lafayette Square the day of Trump's photo op, that didn't go over so great either. At least no one was hurt in the VP's endeavor.

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/01/867532070/trumps-unannounced-church-visit-angers-church-officials

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/02/8677...ows-from-trump-s-photo-op-at-st-john-s-church

18. Morgotha

o_Oo_Oo_O

I still don't get your POV, but it is what it is. I suppose going forward whenever I see a Democratic Pres or VP talking to a group of people I should assume they are NOT speaking to average American citizens but are performing in front of paid actors shilling for the politician. That's pretty depressing, but apparently the new reality.

On Tucker, they now found Katie Couric altered her interview with RBG to make it look like she wasn't criticizing the football kneelers. That's lying through omission. NBC rigged pickups to explode for their segment on how dangerous they were. Sometimes t.v. people lie, and are never punished for it. Sadly, that's also the new reality. Edit: CNN just *admitted* to lying in a medical story. Here's the link: https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertain...n-lied-about-ivermectin/ar-AAPwX9r?li=BBnb7Kz

On the church, here's the picture of Trump. Notice the boarded-up windows of the church behind him? They are boarded-up because of the fire the previous night that occurred during the previous nights violent "peaceful protest". What gets me is that the people who were out throwing bottles and burning buildings didn't like being stopped from doing so. Wow, I'm shocked. Remember when Martin Luther King had all his marchers burn down liquor stores and churches, loot businesses and destroy public property? He set the standard for peaceful protests, and since no one complained when he went out and burned and looted after his "I have a dream" speech, then I agree with you, there's no reason for people to complain now.

[​IMG]

#3538 Morgotha, Oct 15, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
  19. Morgotha

Biden's commission said court packing won't help anything. Too bad, lefties, you've got to wait for a few judges to die, just like the righties did.

"
    The Presidential Commission on the Supreme Court released its first report Thursday, suggesting that an expansion of the court would be unlikely to achieve balance and instead recommending the rotation of justices.

"There are also reasons to doubt that Court expansion necessarily would produce benefits in terms of diversity of efficiency," the Commission said in the report. "There is no guarantee that a larger Court would be drawn from a more diverse group of individuals. And a larger court may be less efficient than the current complement of justices.""

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/su...tices-as-alternative-to-growing-size-of-court

20. Morgotha

Former President Clinton was hospitalized with what sounds like urosepsis. Sounds like he'll be o.k. though. A good reminder to keep drinking fluids to flush things out!

"A source close to the situation told Fox News the former president was "diagnosed as a urological infection which morphed into a broader infection. As you can see in his statement from his doctors, the prognosis is good and they hope to have him home soon. He’s up and about, joking and charming the hospital staff.""

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bill-clinton-hospitalized-with-an-infection