Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rate it

Discussion in 'Episode 1108 - For Blood' started by Sharpie61, Oct 9, 2021.

1. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Finally saw the episode and like many of you I hated that cliff hanger. Let's hope it's a Glen under the dumpster situation cause it looked like our characters were all standing right out in the open in direct line of those flying missiles.

I was disappointed that Leah decided to rebuff Daryl's offer to go with him in order to "protect" the other soldiers that she considered family but let's face it. She didn't kill Pope to help Daryl but because she thought he was putting more of their people in deliberate danger and she didn't like it. Perhaps it was for the best. Daryl may have thought there was more to their relationship than there was and he was disabused of that notion fast enough when she turned him in. She let him tacitly know that what they had was only a fling and who she considered her real group. It also allowed her to move up as commander, a strategic move that would allow her to run operations as she saw fit. I don't know how this will end up because there are still some residual feelings but the lines have been drawn.

I thought that the tropical storm, hurricane or whatever that was battering ASZ was certainly scary but everyone handled themselves well. I'm sure the the girls trapped in the cellar will think of something or be rescued. Were those people in the house the only ones left in the community? If not, I wonder how the others made out.

Waiting until Feb. is unfair to viewers.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I think only Negan and Maggie were out there in the courtyard. Gabe was inside a building doing sniper work and Elijah was injured and must have retreated back into the woods. And it is highly unlikely that Maggie or Negan will die out there.

Yes, it is a long wait until Feb. The TV viewers are just like us in this forum. Only the hardcore fans remain. We are survivors...we will keep watching until the show ends.:)

• Like Like x 3
  3. purriwinkle

Good point. You're right, can't have those two killed off too soon.

4. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

True, and Maggie and Negan were very close to the edge where that weapon was located, so I think it would mostly overshoot them.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Stealth

I hope they don't kill Negan off at the end of the series. Since the franchise is going to continue I think there's still room for his story to grow. He's become fascinating in a Walter White, from Breaking Bad, sort of way. But for Negan it's more "breaking good." But yet he's not really entirely there. Part of it I think is perspective since he's now aligned with our group of survivors. He even said it himself, we fight for the people we're with. And that's also a common theme in this season, when you consider the Reapers.

It's funny because I hated his character when he was introduced, but now he's my favorite of the people that remain.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

If you saw the trailer for the 2nd block of episodes, you can see that our main characters have survived.

The truth is out there

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. purriwinkle

I agree that he's become one of the more nuanced characters on the show. You're never 100% confident when it comes to what he'll do next. Keeps me interested now too, even though I also hated him from his introduction. Funny, but turns out I find myself liking the new and improved Negan even though I don't entirely trust him.

• Like Like x 1
  8. purriwinkle

Watched the trailer again. Yep, there they are but trailers can be misleading. So maybe this was a cliff hanger that wasn't, lol. OTOH I'm thrilled Maggie and Negan weren't killed cause that looked like a seriously nasty weapon. I'm still wondering if we'll ever find out what happened to Alden.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Stealth

Yeah they can put footage in the trailer that isn't even used in the show. My frustration with the cliffhanger isn't concern though over whether the characters will survive, but just the interruption in the story. We don't need Gimple style gimmicks.

My guess is that Alden survives. I'm not overly confident in that, but I think they would've killed him off already if that was the plan.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Blueman

I hope Alden is OK. So, I think it is just Negan and Alden left in the show who are former Saviours (known characters)?

I hate it if they somehow make him disappear, in Heath style. I mean, Negan and Maggie go back to the church and find him missing.

11. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

Oh we will get our priest showdown guys!!

Sneak peak:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Blueman

As expected, there has to be a history between them. Somehow they knew each other before ZA.
    Really look forward to it. Feb is a long long time. 4 (maybe) freezing months away from now.

13. BlackBird

We’ll get through it ;)

The history is that the Reaper priest did see Gabe at the grave, which is what I thought. His words then weren’t just speaking to ‘god’ but also speaking to Gabe.
    I’m loving how Gabe questions him here and I’m rooting for him so bad. The reaper priest might be underestimating Gabriel, what he would do for his people. Killing another priest though - this is a very bizarre situation they both find themselves in. Can’t wait to see how this will play out.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Blueman

So, you think they did not meet each other until the grave scene?

I am thinking they did. I guess this as this perhaps is one reason why Gabe did not tell Maggie about the grave encounter when Maggie asked him. Maybe Gabe wants to check out the status of his ''former colleague'' first before telling Maggie about. It is, sort of, a 'personal' mater. Say, if his ''former colleague'' is 'redeemable', then he could try to convert him back. If not, then Gabe would have to kill him.
    I am not sure though.

From that trailer, it is interesting that the Reaper priest is, sort of, gaining an upper hand, ''spiritually'' speaking. That is, Gabe seems a little 'perplex' (cannot think of a better word) when the Reaper priest tells him that God speaks to him and also when the Reaper priest said he knew Gabe was there in the grave yard hiding behind the trees and that God stopped Gabe's hand. I think, this is, in a way, that the Reaper priest telling Gabe that ''I am holier than you''. But, Gabe is not going to buy it and rebukes him basically saying ''you are doing evil things in the name of God''.

Lastly, I wonder if this Reaper priest is a hoax himself? I mean, he is trying to survive and so he plays the role that Pope expects him to be. If he stops blessing Pope and endorses him, Pope would have killed him too. Or, he is really a lunatics just like Pope?

#34 Blueman, Oct 17, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2021
  15. BlackBird

I think that’s the first time they met each other.

It would make sense that way. But I think he didn’t tell Maggie because he went against her instructions/their agreement, according to which he had a perfect opportunity dispose one of their enemy and he chose not to. Because he couldn’t bring himself to kill another priest, especially as he was praying at the time.

That’s a very good transcription of the scene. So what will he say to that? How can he defend his group? And very alarmingly he has a rifle. So he has the upper hand in every sense of the word.

I don’t think he’s playing a role, I think he’s a lunatic! Completely off his rocker. But we’ll see.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Blueman

I think you could be right. I forgot Maggie asking Gabe to kill any Reaper if he has the chance. This encounter between Gabe and the priest will be interesting. I hope Gabe will survive. But from the 11x09 trailer, I do not see Gabe there. Of course, he could survive but just not being shown in the trailer. I see Daryl, Carol and Rosita at the Commonwealth. Maybe Gabe stays behind at ASZ? I hope the story at Commonweath is not a repeat of Woodbury.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Stealth

Yeah you nailed it. I didn't think at the time he had seen Gabe because it would mean that he was extremely unhinged to act that way. Well it turns out the guy is too far gone. lol Good call.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Stealth

Yeah I'm concerned for Gabe at this stage too. He's in a bad spot and we didn't have any significant character deaths in the first half. With it being the final season we're due. And there's no way they're going to kill Maggie or Negan.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. purriwinkle

Well, if Gabe goes down, I can only hope that he takes the other priest down with him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. ChrisAnn

ChrisAnn Member

Did episode 9 air last night? For some reason I'm unable to watch it today online, and I notice there is no discussion of the episode here.