Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Episode 1-1 Evie; Joe

Discussion in 'Tales Of The Walking Dead Episodes' started by GregsGirl, Aug 14, 2022.

1. GregsGirl

GregsGirl Well-Known Member

In case anyone is joining for a live react!

2. GregsGirl

3. GregsGirl

O-HI-O fan…

4. GregsGirl

I hope nothing happens to this dog

5. GregsGirl

That was so awful

6. GregsGirl

Human piñata lol

7. GregsGirl

Come on Evie! Let him fight!

8. GregsGirl

Damn Sandra! Harsh!

9. GregsGirl

Don’t go in there Evie!

10. GregsGirl

Sweet ending. Would love a series based on these two! And Skipper, too

11. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Lol. I checked out this first episode just to see what to expect from this series and the quality just continues to go downhill. Regardless of rather you like Fear or not at least they attempt to do something.

This episode had a grand total of three characters in it (and a dog and a goat) and for some strange reason they decided to travel cross country during a zombie apocalypse to try to hook up with their internet girlfriend. This was closer to Z-Nation then anything resembling TWD during its first five or six seasons.

I've seen zombie apocalypse fan films that had better storytelling than what they aired tonight.

@Stealth it's pretty much official at this point. The TWD universe is more of a dramedy then anything resembling what we originally started watching TWD for.

I'm not going to watch anymore of Tales and at this point I am questioning if I should even waste time on the Rick and Michonne show.

#11 lastcat3, Aug 14, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I didn't watch the episode and I don't plan to. I was slightly interested in the one they are supposed to do on Alpha's backstory. I don't know when that is going to air though. I might watch that at some point.

This whole concept completely turned me off when they showed the trailer with the woman holding her neck out for the walker to bite her. If that's the best they can do to draw an audience in then I don't want to get near this dumpster fire.

Are they doing the Talking Dead for these, where Chris Hardwick can pretend how amazing the episodes were?

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. GregsGirl

I don’t know what I was expecting but after the train wreck that is Fear, I was expecting very little. At least the characters were likable - but I really wish they had furthered the mythos of the series. Wasted opportunity for sure. But I’ll keep watching because what else is there to watch!

14. lastcat3

Soon there will be this. Promo released today.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Stealth

Some of those shots actually give a real feel from the game, which is kind of cool.

I love that they have Pedro Pascal as Joel. I'm not sold on the Ellie choice yet. Have to see how she is on screen. At :21 I thought that was James McAvoy at first, but I checked the cast and he's not part of it.

If Last of Us becomes big HBO is going to be in a great spot because House of the Dragon's premiere was huge, and that opens up a franchise in Martin's universe. I think there's a lot they could do with The Last of Us world too.

16. lastcat3

That is Nick Offerman as Bill. Yeah if it becomes big I guarantee you they will handle it better than AMC handled TWD (of course that isn't saying much).

I have a feeling that Abby will be introduced at the end of season 1 so it will feel like a more natural progression. When they finished the first game they didn't yet know that they were going to do a second game. They now obviously have plans to do more than one season of the show and will have source material to pull from so they can have the Abby storyline feel like a more natural transition than it was in the game where those characters kind of came out of nowhere.

17. Stealth

I only played the first game, not the second one. I read the spoilers and just didn't feel as if that was a playthrough that I wanted. I won't give spoilers here to ruin any possible storylines in the future for anyone reading. I think it's possible too they take the TV series in a slightly different direction than the second game. We'll see.

Either way, I'm really looking forward to this series.