Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Interview with the Vampire

Discussion in 'Television Shows' started by Stealth, Sep 15, 2022.

1. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

There will be a second season of the show, which is great. I hope they have an endpoint in mind though and don't try to drag the show on too long. I think it'll become too repetitious if we go beyond Season 3. This is something that happened with Westworld. That was another film that was a perfect fit for longer storytelling in a series and they did a great job in Season 1, but now it's still going and I stopped watching a long time ago.

• Like Like x 1
  2. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

This could go on for awhile possibly. I had to look this up but there are several of her novels that feature Lestat. When they’re finished with Interview they could just start with the contents of the second, then the third and so on as long as there is an audience. Not having read any of the others I don’t know how different they are from one another so as to avoid repetition.

I’m curious whether they’ll take more than two or three seasons to finish Interview. The book has an ending, of course, so when the story arc is complete that should be it unless viewers can stomach anymore of Lestat’s antics. Does he ever acquire any redeeming characteristics? I never thought I would be rooting for Claudia to kill him but I am, lol.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Stealth

Lestat feels so much worse in this adaptation than in anything else. Part of it might be that I really like the portrayal of Louis by Jacob Anderson. But yeah, I wish they could feed Lestat's body into the incinerator.

• Like Like x 1
  4. purriwinkle

The first thing I’m going to say about the season finale is BAD, BAD Louie. I will say there were surprises and twists, not all of which I saw coming, nor do I remember them being in the book….but that’s neither here nor there. What is Armand doing with Louis now anyways? Looking for some answers in season 2.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Stealth

I'm going to watch it tonight and will give my thoughts tomorrow. Thanks for the warning though, I've had enough bad surprises on TV shows and prefer to be forewarned.

• Like Like x 1
  6. purriwinkle

Soooooo, what’d think?

7. Stealth

I actually liked the ending, that Claudia's plan fully tricked Lestat, and how the chess game foreshadowed that. Lestat's overconfidence in himself, and him underestimating her was his "downfall."

I can't say I'm surprised though that Louis refused to burn him. It follows his character. He could only go so far. I do feel bad for Claudia though. She underestimated how difficult it would be for Louis to carry the plan to its full conclusion. But I don't know what else she could've done, unless she had planned to burn the whole house down to finish Lestat. But then Louis probably would've dragged him out of there anyway.

One thing about the ending is that it leaves me at a point where I'm really interested to see how the story picks up in Season 2, and that means they did a good job with the finale.

And we're going to have all of the suspense waiting for when Lestat eventually catches up to them. I hope AMC doesn't ruin that moment with a trailer that tips us off when and where it happens.

I'm not sure about Armand. We'll see how that plays out when they fill in gaps. Were you getting the vibe toward the end too that something was going to happen to Molloy? I knew it couldn't/shouldn't but it felt like he had pushed Louis too far and Armand said something about not standing in the way this time?

Overall, I liked the episode. It surprised me at points and has me ready for more.

• Like Like x 1
  8. purriwinkle

I got that feeling about Molloy being in danger however didn’t Armand (?) say something about his not knowing the whole story? He’ll last until the tale is completed is my guess. If Louis can’t take the heat he should have never brought Molloy back into his sphere. Molloy is the only one that speaks truth to Louis’s selected memories.

I was surprised about Lestat turning Antoinette. Did he love her after all or did he do it because he just needed another ally since he suspected Louis and Claudia were plotting against him? Probably the latter but I thought it proved to be an interesting twist.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Stealth

I think Lestat just wanted another ally in Antoinette and he thought he was being clever turning her. Even though he did underestimate Claudia, he never trusted her when she returned. I enjoyed the twists, because I had certain ideas in my mind of how things were going to turn out and I ended up being wrong. I thought Louis might betray Claudia fully, as in not letting Lestat be poisoned. Lestat being one up on them and knowing their plan didn't surprise me, but the other twist where he was really deceived, by a separate trick, I didn't see coming.

They did a good job of making you pendulum back and forth on the outcome, and still kept it believable. Nice job by the writers.

I remember something being said about Molloy not knowing the whole story too, but I'm not sure if it was Louis who said it, as he was walking away from him, or Armand.

The Molloy scenes are very good. And another wrinkle now in this is the possibility of the unreliable narrator. What exactly is Louis leaving out, or presenting in a different way, and how will that impact the story. There are a lot of interesting ways they could take this.

• Like Like x 1
  10. purriwinkle

Yeah, the unreliability of the details of Louis’s account requires that Malloy sniff out the inconsistencies. He walks a dangerous tightrope by then confronting Louis with the facts. I get that Louis, in giving Molloy his what for all practical purposes is an autobiography, wants his memoirs edited to put the best spin on events. Too bad Molloy is a hard nosed investigative reporter who wants what he writes to be as truthful as possible. I also think he doesn’t let things pass because he wants Louis to know he’s not that easily fooled, vampires naturally thinking they’re superior beings.

As far as Claudia is concerned, her ability to think 5 steps ahead of Lestat was foreshadowed when she finally beat him at chess. She was masterful in her ability to not only set him up but to keep what she was doing and what she knew a secret. I’m sure Lestat’s socks were blown off when he realized how easily Claudia had learned his behavioral patterns and used it against him. I remember thinking, good girl, you’ve got him now! Lol.

I’m looking forward to the second season too.

#30 purriwinkle, Nov 22, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Stealth

The actress playing Claudia is doing a great job too. My only small complaint for the season is that I wish they had made Lestat slightly sympathetic, maybe about 25%. That way we would've felt a little something for him, like we did for Cersei during her walk of atonement. I'm just watching and thinking DIE DIE DIE. lol

But the rest of the show is so good that I trust we might get some future payoff for this angle they've taken. I read where Season 2 will be 8 episodes.

• Like Like x 1