Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Going to get better?

Discussion in 'Volume 13: Too Far Gone' started by Shane#22, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Shane#22

Shane#22 Well-Known Member

Is it going to get any better? The prison was good, the Hunters were meh, not much else happening so far.

2. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

You've got a lot to look forward to

3. Driver

Driver Well-Known Member

IMO, their current predicament is much more interesting than the prison arc.

4. filthyastronaut

There's a lot to read, you still have 36 issues. And a lot happens. They basically just established the Alexandria Safe-zone, shit can't always go down *that* quickly.

5. NapalmSoup

NapalmSoup Member

Serious Question?

All of This^

6. Shane#22

Yeah

7. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

what didnt you like about the hunters? tbh for some reason i felt some deep seated hatred for them and (i cant remember when this happens so imma spoiler tag it)

just something about how they kept trying to justify what they did and claim they were sane. really the cannibalism didnt bother me so much as the keeping the person alive and eating them piece by piece. so glad when Rick n co mutilated them. but as much as i hated them i thought it was an interesting idea. the story not cannibalism lol

8. NapalmSoup

NapalmSoup Member

The Hunters were just one of a bunch of possibilities that could and will happen if a ZA happens. I found them to be wimpy and weak, but their situation real and scary.

9. NapalmSoup

NapalmSoup Member

As a serious Comic reader and a follower of TWD Comics for almost a decade, I have to say that questioning if the story gets "better" and if you should continue reading is crazy talk. But that's up to you. If you think that the story does not get any "better", then why do I and thousands of others continue to read them month after month. 109 just came out Wed, and the story has done nothing but build and improve.

10. Shane#22

Well that's why I am asking, from the first issue to the end of the prison it was getting better each issue, after the prison for me it's been going downward and I am hoping it swings back up so I'm not wasting my time.

11. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

To me it hit a plateau after the prison, then after they settled in, it took off upward again.

12. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

I actually prefer the arc after the prison over the prison. (though it was amazing) The Hunters and road to Washington is my favorite part by a lot. It gets amazing.
    @Shane#22 minor spoilers really.

#12 legendx66, Apr 12, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  13. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

Yeah, for me the transition from prison to what-comes-next is a bit meh but most of the transitions seem to be a bit flat and then it gets real pretty quickly.

14. Beaugard Stevens

I like it better after the prison- it does seem to slow down a bit before around issue 90 it picks up again, but I thought it was a good thing, because everything can't be just mindless violence all the time, it was nice there was a bit of a slow down but it was also nice that it picked up again. I liked it all the way through myself- but if you are not enjoying the hunters plot, you probably won't be thrilled with the rest of it-

15. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Negan and the saviors are barely comparable at all to the Gov and Woodbury other than being human. imo.

#15 legendx66, Apr 12, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  16. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

So, you mean the fact that thousands of people like something means everyone will like it? Thousands of people like Glee, but i'd rather go to the dentist than watch that marathon. :p

17. NapalmSoup

NapalmSoup Member

Glee and Walking dead are a little different.

18. Neuropyramidal

I see you kind of missed my point.

19. NapalmSoup

NapalmSoup Member

Didn't miss it, just ignored it. Are you familiar with the phrase 'apples and oranges'?

I wasn't saying TWD is good because of the number of fans. I'm saying that the number of fans all agree on the validity of the whole.

The fact you compared TWD to Glee shows you have no love for the material. Blasphemous

20. Neuropyramidal

You're right around 12, aren't you.

• Like Like x 1