Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Now THAT was an episode!

Discussion in 'Episode 405 - Internment' started by gagnewest, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

It would be viewed differently if the season was a 24-episode one. That's how long this prison-governor story is, and there wouldn't be a "letdown" feeling some had from the season finale

2. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Exactly. Story arcs feel like an alien species here. I'm so glad they don't force an end to coincide with a season. (By that I mean stuffing everything in one.

similar to kirks comic style. He doesn't do single issue stories. Each issue just continues one story.

3. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

No Carol= Great episode.

4. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

I just caught this episode on a re-run, and I just felt compelled to say I really thought it was a great episode.

I know some people have said that the walkers have no fear-factor anymore, well I suggest that they watch this ep. I really felt there was a lot of fear and drama from the walkers both outside the prison breaking in, and the sick people inside turning. The threat meter was high in this episode.

I've also seen people complain about the sickness episodes (saying they were boring and added nothing), but I found this episode and the sickness to be fearsome.
    Inside the tombs with all the darkness and the ill, it felt very claustrophobic; you could feel the desperation of the ill people, and the hopelessness of it all especially when Glenn (and others) started gasping for air and coughing up blood.

It was all around great TV and drama and I can't fault it and don't see how anyone could.

I really don't understand how people can complain when it was such a strong and emotional episode, especially for Hershel throughout - and with him breaking down at the end. [Fantastic song at the end, too.]

#44 CheesyBirdMess, Sep 12, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I completely agree about the high threat meter in this episode. At every turn I was waiting for one of the sick to die and turn. Wondering how Hershel was going to manage that onslaught on his own. When he was trying to obtain the vent bag from the walker I do believe I was holding my breath the entire time. I thought that scene was wonderfully choreographed, and was knocked out of the park by Scott Wilson.

The walkers outside, breaching the fence line was another nail biter IMO. And being the Rick/Carl fan that I am I thought it was also a pivotal moment in the series. Rick seeks out Carl, knowing he needs help in trying to prevent the walkers from breaking down the fences. When they are then faced with gunning down this sizable herd on their own, he takes that brief moment to watch his son face the danger without hesitation or fear. I stated not too many days ago, that in my view, this was the moment when Rick truly began to see Carl for the young man/comrade in arms that he has grown into

I enjoyed many of the episodes of season 4, with only three of them being sub-par in my opinion (the two governor stand alone episodes and episode 15 Us). I may be in the minority here, but I thought the illness episodes brought a new layer to the series. We all know our group has the walkers, the human factor, the moral and ethical questions to contend with. But the threat of an illness, with the ever dwindling supplies of medication to combat the illnesses, would be a very real threat in the event of a worldwide catastrophe.