Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

We Find Ourselves- Re-read discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 15: We Find Ourselves' started by Tony Davis, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

2. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

Not a ton happened here.
    we had Carl in his coma, wake up, etc
    Nicholas try to take over
    Rick/Andrea's very beginnings
    Rosita kicking Abraham out
    Holly pushing Abe to be leader

3. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

The panel of Rick holding his gun at Nicholas is one of my favorites for some reason. I also liked that not everyone accepted Rick so easily.

4. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

it was something that happened and ended so quickly in the comics

5. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Yeah it was quick lol. He kind of scared them to death and saved them at the same time lol. Nicholas was ot the planner type it seems. Olivia also got over it. Spencer did keep it up until it got him killed though.

6. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

Spencer will be interesting for TV, since they can't do the extra jealousy element of Rick stealing Andrea from him

7. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Spencer can just suck because he's spencer. NO jealousy needed!

8. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Well they do need to make it clear that he was jealous and butthurt when rick took over instead of himself. And reinforce that by having him question Rick's decisions and leadership. That sets up "you got no guts."

9. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

Maybe Spencer gets the hots for whoever Rick is with at the point, and is turned down

10. JoeTzu

JoeTzu Active Member

Could be a platonic jealousy. People of the community trusting Rick; talking up his leadership abilities.
    They could also combine Spencer's story line with Peter Anderson's.

11. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

By this point in the show, I am not too sure that there will be the ability to use some of these dynamics between characters. In comes the remix folks to approximate us up some story here.

I liked how well this volume showed us how far the survivors had actually come since the prison. They had come to embrace their darker natures, and managed to use them only when needed. Attempting to arrive at a semblance of normalcy after all this time (It should be noted that we are already farther along in the ZA in the show than they were by this stage in the comic.) and find something close to where we used to be. Rick has learned now, and has a handle on the dead, but trying to get back to normal living is a rough road for our hero. Good thing this Rick had Andrea in the end, but I am thinking that they will probably bring someone else in for her role as opposed to Michonne

I just want to see ASZ evolve in the show as it does here; Building the walls, reinforcing the perimeter, rebuilding it stronger-better, making it self-sufficient, etc... And I still tear up when I see Andrea in the comic as I know that there is really only going to be a "Replacement" used, reducing the impact of two people who have survived since day 1 realizing that they are perfect for each other due to the tragedies they have shared... It is really beautiful, and in every way a stronger familial relationship than Rick had with Lori... Go Randrea!!!

12. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

thats why i REALLLLY dont want Carol to die. i think if anyone could be a "replacement" its her.