Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Time for Trump to go

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Shane357

Shane357 Active Member

I stayed up intending to do my math, randomly checked this thread and this Trump-stuff is already rotting my brain so bad I dont trust myself to do the problems right even though this is the second time working through them.
    [​IMG]

2. Heriot of Fire

Jonahan Pie - as spot on as you can get!

[video=youtube;GLG9g7BcjKs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLG9g7BcjKs[/video]

#3942 Heriot of Fire, Nov 11, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  3. DeeLaurean

DeeLaurean Well-Known Member

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9SmRIGd6zvg

We don't need no education
    We don't need no thought control
    No dark sarcasm on the forum
    Donald leave them kids alone
    Hey Donald leave them kids alone
    All in all it's just another brick in the wall
    All in all you're just another brick in the wall

Sent from my iPad using little or no insight.

4. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

The difference is that Hillary herself did not say or advocate such hateful behaviour. Trump did. This is on him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Biffster

Odd. Nestle gets it for something like $3 per million litres.

6. Biffster

Yessir!

7. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

That was pretty good. He made a number of cogent arguments.

That said, here are a few counterpoints:

1. It is hard to debate issues when the other side doesn't care about them. For example, how do you discuss whether a candidate is a tax cheat if he won't release his tax returns?
    2. It is hard to debate which candidate has proposed the better strategies when one of them won't disclose them, and just keeps saying "Believe me".
    3. He did not give any examples about what a person should say to engage a Trump supporter in a debate. How do you discuss the best way to deal with ISIS when the other side's position is that the other candidate created it?

8. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

Seems the Left is going to ensure that we have 8 years of Trump, instead of just having to deal with 4.

9. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

They didn't stop mattering... in your state. Your votes count towards who wins your state, which gives the votes in that state more power in deciding who gets elected.

The EC is a flawed set up intended to work against both mob rule and biased massive population centers. I know it's difficult to accept that when things go the way you didn't prefer and certainly the system needs an updating -- but the popular vote would without any kind of additional fail safe would mean that there's too much of a lean towards one political alignment(the major US population centers on the coasts), which would end up being long term tyranny. I have specific experience with this as a Californian and resident of San Francisco in how the Democrats have zero opposition out here and are as corrupt as anything you'll ever imagine, while wearing the mask of "progressive". And there's no realistic opposition that can be created to challenge any of their dealings here.

So if the popular vote was initiated, then the powerful political elites would just focus their manipulations on the major populations centers and there would be no way to create a path against that if we wanted. You don't want only one party in power, ever.

Checks and balances of all kinds are a really good thing if you accept that nobody can be trusted with power without skepticism and that power is more addictive than any drug.

America is a Republic.

A "Representative Democracy" with loads of complicated mechanisms that restrict power and that has it's rules set by the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. This is a fail safe against mob rule and it's worked very well compared to many other nations, including others in the West.

Direct Democracy leads to tyranny 100%. People are stupid and a set of concrete rules that define equal rights under the law and a system of democratically elected Representation protects the stupid from themselves.

Nothing is ever going to be perfect and people are not trust worthy. The founders of this country were very brilliant people.

None of us are happy with the results of this cycle, but implementing any type of process to tear up the Republic would yield far worse results than 4 years of a Trump administration.

And that is exactly what these extremist Left protester PC-nazi's are out doing, so blind that they don't realize the hand they played already in getting him elected and getting the Dems wiped out in the other branches of Government. They were apart of the main factors that upset Socio-Political balance in this country and created this election cycle and they will continue to do so because they are hyper emotional idiots and have no practical knowledge about the functionality of the US system.

#3949 Ionut, Nov 11, 2016
  10. westwingnut

Trump first slams, then praises, protesters

This is a pretty good indicator of how the Trump White House will be run. He will tweet or say something stupid, and then one of his aides will either tell him what he should be saying, or else tweet it for him.

I have read stories about people who have looked at his tweets in detail. They claim that Trump uses an Android and his aides use iPhones when they tweet on his account. So it's possible to tell who made which tweet.

#3950 westwingnut, Nov 11, 2016
  11. Expat-N-America

Expat-N-America Active Member

That man should stay off social media. What an idiot.

12. diordior

diordior Active Member

While that's true, it's not people who think in that manner that got Trump the win. He managed to appeal to people's economic pessimism and they weren't given any such promises by Clinton. So by insulting his supporters they managed to silence the ones who were worth debating while the ones who had no arguments and would not be convinced otherwise continued to shout.

13. westwingnut

Good point. But those insults come from both sides. The kind of conservatives that I like to listen to are now on MSNBC, and Trump supporters call them RINOs. Clint Eastwood refers to people like myself as the "pussy generation".

By the way, Trump aside, I would imagine that your family is relieved to see the Clintons go.

#3953 westwingnut, Nov 11, 2016
  14. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

The way I see it I don't think Trump even comprehends why people are angry over him being elected. He doesn't understand that his words have hurt and cut people deep to the point they feel nothing but fear and anger and are now lashing out in response to his presidency. Or at least that's the way I see it. It has nothing to do with Hillary losing but instead everything to do with those he has targeted or promised to target. He wants to build a wall to keep out immigrants when in fact WE all exist because of immigrants coming into this country. And I think people sometimes forget that.

Do some people take advantage of the system here? OFC, but does that mean every immigrant has to suffer for that? I don't think so. Most of the immigrants here work their asses off for very little and pay their taxes too. They're trying to become citizens here.

And if anything our land rightfully belongs to the native americans who were here first.

15. ShaneFan

ShaneFan Well-Known Member

Well said, RickyGrimes. Trump doesn't get it because he's narcissistic. He lacks empathy. It's all about him, him, and...him again. Hillary isn't perfect, but he has huge character deficits (to say the least) and it's scary to imagine what it will be like with him running the country. Maybe he'll surprise us. Then again, maybe he won't.

16. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Thank you and yes I know just how scary narcissists can be. One of my ex boyfriend's was one who put me through horrible emotional abuse and then wondered why I left him. Even went as far as threatening to kills us both by crashing the car so I wouldn't leave. They are all about control and that's the bottom line. I hate to say this but I am willing to give this man a chance and if he can prove me wrong then great, if not and he continues to act the same way and treat others like shit, then he gets no respect from me. I accept the fact hes become president but I do not like it and I don't have to, none of us do.

17. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

NSFW - Language

[video=youtube;GLG9g7BcjKs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLG9g7BcjKs[/video]

18. ShaneFan

ShaneFan Well-Known Member

I'm very sorry that you had that experience of dating an ex-narcissist. The emotional abuse they heap on their targets is very traumatic. That's absolutely awful that he even threatened to end your life if he couldn't get what he wanted. I sincerely hope that you have been able to heal from that ordeal and move on to better and healthier relationships. They're all about control as you said, and they don't care about anyone else--it's all about them no matter what. Your feelings and who you are don't mean sh!t as long as they get what they want.

What you said about giving Trump a chance, and if he proves you wrong then, great, but if he continues his nonsense, then he gets no respect--I completely agree with this. None of us have to like the fact that he's president. We can accept it and not like it. Two very different and very valid stances.

19. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

California isn't connected to Canada, at least on my maps.

I read your link. It says they're making money now. It does not say they've repaid all the federal investments to the state itself and money poured in to private corporations and businesses that made it that way.

All states have to suffer under all Presidents. That's what "the United States" means. The South has previously proven that point quite clearly. If you really think a civil war would be less damaging to California than a Trump Presidency, by all means secede.

20. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Different replies for different posters, survivor noob. Just saying.