Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Daryl and the ears

Discussion in 'Episode 205 - Chupacabra' started by Loc, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Loc

Loc Administrator
    Staff Member

So I get why he cut off the ears. Kinda like trophy's but if I remember correctly when he got shot and rick picked him up it looked like the ears were in mouth probably from him falling backwards. If im right would he get infected? I could be way off.

2. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

I missed that, I would have to watch it again.

3. fatbrett2

fatbrett2 Member

the rope was but not the ears, and i think it was a goof.

4. Hawaiian Shirt Zombie

Hawaiian Shirt Zombie Active Member

Agreed. It was a goof. He'd have to "thread" the ears onto the rope which, in his mouth, would likely, realistically, lead to infection.

5. inkerchris

inkerchris Member

He shouldn't have taken but one ear from each zombie anyways, having more makes it look like he killed four zombies. If he is going to do it he should just keep one thing from each zombie, that way it accurately tracks how many zombies he has wasted, that'd be a cool little thing to do.

6. Roman'sRevenge

Roman'sRevenge Active Member

I couldn't help thinking that scene reminded me of Dolph Ludgren doing the same thing in Universal Soldier.

7. carsmo

carsmo New Member

I think in this Zombie world the only you become a walker is by being bitten. Remember when they put the blood all over themselves not to be seen as real people in the first season and nothing happened. In the walking dead world things are different, even the name of the people their not called zombies their called walkers.

8. navyvinny

navyvinny New Member

I first thought they were the squrril feet when he was eating it raw...

9. BloodLustKitty80

I thought the same thing when I looked saw that too. They were in his mouth though. YUCKIES!

10. The Governor

The Governor Member

When Daryl cut those ears off, put em around that shoe lace, over his neck and looked up, he solidified his spot as #1 for me lol

Badassery at it's finest

11. Loc

Loc Administrator
    Staff Member

LOL Thought the same thing.

12. Chreees

Chreees Member

I agree with Brett. Plus, I'm pretty sure he'd have to suck on the ears pretty good to actually get infected. Just getting in his mouth real quick and spitting it back out, I don't see much/any harm of infection there... But yeah, definitely a goof on the show.

13. RicksGal44

RicksGal44 Member

I would call then Trophies!..lol

14. fatbrett2

fatbrett2 Member

Maybe he is cheating, or making up for earlier kills he didn't collect ears from?

15. Jangles

Jangles New Member

I would think that if you were to get any of the walker's blood in an open cut, mouth, nose, etc, you would be infected.

But then again it doesn't make sense how T-Dawg wasn't infected when Daryl threw that dead body on him with that giant gash on his arm.

16. silmarien

silmarien Member

He reminded me of the Hill Clan The Blackears and Chella daughter of Cheyk, one of Tyrion's clansmen he picks up on the way back from the Eyrie in Game of Thrones. :p

17. Lewk00t

Lewk00t Active Member

Everyone's infected anyway.

18. Megan Hunt

Megan Hunt New Member

It's been answered in Letter Hacks (Issue #41)

"The rule is WHATEVER it is that causes the zombies, is something everyone already has. If you stub your toe, get an infection and die, you turn into a zombie, UNLESS your brain is damaged. If someone shoots you in the head and you die, you're dead. A zombie bite kills you because of infection, or blood loss, not because of the zombie "virus."" —Robert Kirkman

Whatever the science of the virus triggering on death, death by zombie bite is pinned on bactirial infection plus open wounds (think of all the bactiria on a corpse and in its mouth; even the healthy human mouth is teeming with it; add the zombie's non-fussy diet and it's bad news).

Getting their blood in your mouth or eyes could certainly be hazardous but it depends on a lot of factors; how much, if you have gingivitis or open sores in the mouth or nose, and then what state the blood was in, what bactira was in it, and your own imune system. Our digestive system is pretty effective (not to mention acidic).

19. Megan Hunt

Megan Hunt New Member

reminded me of the Leigion Ears in Fallout: New Vegas

20. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

If was to start a band, it would either be called "Army of Manti," or "Daryl and the Ears."