Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Now I understand Woddbury's Governor on TWD

Discussion in 'Episode 105 - Cobalt' started by 8307c4, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Rust

Rust Member

The military and the government would not fall in 9 days. Central command and communications would still be intact. This ZA also appears to be quite mild in that we have no refugees, no walkers in any numbers, a safe zone that is so safe that kids ride bikes and laze around on car tops, and the military just tools around picking on drug addicts, instead of actively engaging the threat. The lack of cohesive logic in this show is rather annoying. Still beats most of the other crap on TV though!

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

You have no idea if this is true or not.

3. Rust

Rust Member

That's right, regarding the fictional world of this series, but in real life between Cheyenne Mountain, Mount Weather, Air Force One, and the naval command ships, chances are really good that if a battalion sized unit of the National Guard is able to be operating in a major metropolitan area, the odds are very good that the government itself is still intact and communicating, even after a nuclear attack.

4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

We don't know what happened internally with central government. No way to say.

5. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

The Cobalt directive came from the National Guard HQ in Sacramento. At least we know there is some larger command structure in operation.

6. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I think you just have to accept the military collapsing quickly along the same vein as the zombie apocalypse in the first place. Most people in the service are young and healthy, and even the older command staff are physically fit. It does seem impossible that all the ships at sea, army bases not in the heart of a city, etc. would be overrun, and the chance of developing internal zombies is low in both of these situations. After the initial day or two of the outbreak, it would be known to all the military that these creatures only die with head shots, and all the military personnel would be armed as a precaution against further deaths from an accidental death on the base, on ship, etc., at least in my opinion. The military command isn't a bunch of buffoons, but serious people who make life and death decisions every day. They should be able to coordinate and combine forces quickly.

IRL, I don't think they'd collapse like on the show. OTOH, for the show, I think they just want us to accept it happened. After all, it would be a whole different show if they wanted to show a pitched battle between the U.S. Army and the undead. Probably with a much higher budget than they could afford to show for the t.v. show.

7. Rust

Rust Member

These guys, the unit that the National Guard is based on from the show, probably wouldn't disintegrate and go rogue so quickly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XujyU3WpnCA

Yes, I know it's only a show, and not a terrible one, but it bothers me how they are portraying the military is such a poor light. It adds to the overall sense of unreality and makes it hard for me to sustain my disbelief and enjoy the show.

#27 Rust, Oct 5, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2015