Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Nick and Strand

Discussion in 'Episode 106 - The Good Man' started by Blueman, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

When Strand said (in last episode) he needs someone with Nick's talent, exactly what did he have in mind?

During the entire escape part, I do not seem to see something that Nick did while Strand could not did it himself. (Nick did pick Strand's pocket to steal the key though.)

2. DietWater

DietWater Well-Known Member

We may never know what Strand's escape plan was. They escaped when there was no one guarding them during a state of crisis. It's possible he needed Nick to do something if the guards were actually at their posts.

3. Lummsy200

Lummsy200 Member

Strand believed that the situation was not going to hold and there was going to be some sort of crisis that he could take advantage of to escape. He was merely waiting for the right moment to arrive.

4. Mikie

Mikie Member

I must have missed it, but what was Strand in the lock-up for anyway?

5. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Driving with a broken tail light.

6. ellisfella

ellisfella Member

If he'd been driving with a broken tail light, Mr Strand would more than likely be a walker! I'm guessing tax evasion.

7. Elly F.

Elly F. Member

I was wondering the same. At first I thought we were being led to believe he was being taken away for "quarantine" an Griselda to a sick bay. But if that's "quarentine", wth is Strand there for? Theyre picking up drivers for broken headlights during the fall of government and the dead walking? Bizarre.

8. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

If I recall correctly, when the military officer read out the rules to Travis' safezone , he said something like ''if you disobey the curfew or caught outside the safe zone, you will be detained.'' I guess, Strand was put there for this reason?

9. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I still don't know what trait Strand finds useful in Nick, although I am sure Nick will indeed be useful, but I enjoyed when Madison asked if Strand wanted her to turn the car around and he said something like, "You're funny. We're going to get along fine, Nick's mom."

#9 Lindigo, Oct 6, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  10. Cbcw76

Cbcw76 Member

I want to resurrect this old thread because I still haven't seen Nick's usefulness TO STRAND. Nick is too scrawny to be a bodyguard. Is Strand only going to use Nick to throw to the wolves when needed? That's about all I can see Nick's physical stature offering - an easy chump to toss into the pit.

We have seen Nick swim to shore to retrieve Luis. (Why that was necessary is still staggeringly stupid. Strand knew this when they met in lock-up?!! SERIOUSLY?!! May be. Maybe Strand knew Luis had no sat-phone comms, and that he'd have to come ashore to get him. So he finds a scrawny addict and assumes he can swim? Fine...)

Nick's ability to be useful (what? as a house burglar? Because of his nose for pharmaceuticals hidden in screw-top globes?) remains questionable.

The weirdest thing is to be used as a boy-toy. Not by Strand. But by someone Strand knows very well, and knows their predilections. And all this time, I thought the whiny teen girl might be fodder for some shiek!